1,767 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,679

By noname81, Senior Member on 2nd November 2011, 09:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd October 2019, 06:24 AM |#14001  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you for the new beta!

For exclusion rects, what is the expected behavior?
On my Pixel3 Android 10 no root, accessibility on, LMT is behaving like this;

- Horizontal swipe from edge triggers system-wide back.
Sometimes, pie appears only for a moment, but disappears and triggers system-wide back.
-- If system-wide back from the side which has pie activactivation area is triggered, it works but next tap doesn't work.
When the next tap goes to the any edge (even if pie activation area is not set), pie appears.
When the next tap goes non-edge, nothing happens and following tap works normally.
It seems like the next tap is trapped by LMT.
-- System-wide back from the side which has no pie activation area is as usual.

- Diagonal swipe trigger pie correctly.

- Pie pointer edge activation works correctly.

Tapatalk を使用して私の Pixel 3 から送信
2nd October 2019, 09:13 AM |#14002  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by june.rainy

Thank you for the new beta!

For exclusion rects, what is the expected behavior?
On my Pixel3 Android 10 no root, accessibility on, LMT is behaving like this;

- Horizontal swipe from edge triggers system-wide back.
Sometimes, pie appears only for a moment, but disappears and triggers system-wide back.
-- If system-wide back from the side which has pie activactivation area is triggered, it works but next tap doesn't work.
When the next tap goes to the any edge (even if pie activation area is not set), pie appears.
When the next tap goes non-edge, nothing happens and following tap works normally.
It seems like the next tap is trapped by LMT.
-- System-wide back from the side which has no pie activation area is as usual.

- Diagonal swipe trigger pie correctly.

- Pie pointer edge activation works correctly.

This is definitely not the intended behavior! When I was testing it, it was more reliable. I should check it again. What I do is, I set the pie activation areas as exclusion rects when pie is started. What is your activation areas size? Where did you test it? On the right or left side?
2nd October 2019, 03:44 PM |#14003  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname81

This is definitely not the intended behavior! When I was testing it, it was more reliable. I should check it again. What I do is, I set the pie activation areas as exclusion rects when pie is started. What is your activation areas size? Where did you test it? On the right or left side?

My setting is;
position: right side
thickness: 50
length: 130
gravity: center

2nd October 2019, 06:42 PM |#14004  
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname81

Can you provide a logcat please?

Here you go https://www.mediafire.com/file/nhbos...03-45.txt/file
2nd October 2019, 07:45 PM |#14005  
Thanks Meter: 730

More
Did experience that LMT won't open again until opening camera now too on latest beta
2nd October 2019, 08:02 PM |#14006  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artim_96

Did experience that LMT won't open again until opening camera now too on latest beta

Android 10? Then it's a bug in Android I'm not able to fix from lmt side...
The Following User Says Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
3rd October 2019, 12:12 PM |#14007  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 6,150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank555

Hi,

Noticed (already in 2.9) that the icon of the dolphin zero browser :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.browser.zero

was oversized compared to the other icons (see attached screenshot). Only app this ever happened. Tried removing it, readding it, always oversized.

JP.

Sent from my OnePlus7pro using XDA Labs

Switch to Opera, there's your solution
5th October 2019, 01:23 PM |#14008  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
i noticed it is not available in settings app, say developer option. I've given it all the permission required including root

i'm running PA 10 Quartz Alpha right now on MI 9T with gravity box. Thanks

edit: just saw your post about the overlay restriction, i hope they wont restrict more and maybe could you overcome the problem with root/xposed?
5th October 2019, 07:11 PM |#14009  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 232

More
@noname81: I have a bit of an issue with LMT:

I can't grant the usage stats perm. LMT says it is false, but the app doesn't appear in Settings > Security > Usage Stats, so I can't grant. I also tried granting with a terminal command and it appeared to work, but LMT still says false.

Some info:
Galaxy Note 4 (N910F)
Resurrection Remix 5.7.4 (Marshmallow 6.0.1)
Emotion kernel
Magisk 19.3

Not sure if this is a bug, I'd rather avoid reflashing the ROM. All other apps work fine.

Thanks!

Edit: Xposed is also installed, but only after this behavior appeared, so I won't be removing it. I know a lot of devs tend to falsely blame Xposed for bugs, whether true or not.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

[/COLOR @noname81: I have a bit of an issue with LMT:

I can't grant the usage stats perm. LMT says it is false, but the app doesn't appear in Settings > Security > Usage Stats, so I can't grant. I also tried granting with a terminal command and it appeared to work, but LMT still says false.

Some info:
Galaxy Note 4 (N910F)
Resurrection Remix 5.7.4 (Marshmallow 6.0.1)
Emotion kernel
Magisk 19.3

Not sure if this is a bug, I'd rather avoid reflashing the ROM. All other apps work fine.

Thanks!
5th October 2019, 09:08 PM |#14010  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Upgraded my Pixel 3 to Android 10 today. How do I get PMT to show? I installed 3.1 beta2. I can't get it to activate. I gave it usage and display over rights. Unfortunately, I don't have root on this device, but didn't need in for Android Pie.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich
5th October 2019, 09:36 PM |#14011  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 232

More
@rholm: Judging from the first post of this thread, it would *APPEAR* that LMT requires root at least for some of its' functions. Might wanna try that first. I never got LMT to work w/o root, I think it's a hard requirement. Might be wrong.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

[/COLOR @rholm: Judging from the first post of this thread, it would *APPEAR* that LMT requires root at least for some of its' functions. Might wanna try that first. I never got LMT to work w/o root, I think it's a hard requirement. Might be wrong.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gesture, launcher, lmt, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)