FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,461 posts
Thanks Meter: 28,569

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th February 2019, 10:14 PM |#28651  
OP Recognized Developer

More
If there is still problem with fingerprint lock/unlock, please let me know. Thank you very much.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th February 2019, 10:59 PM |#28652  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 46,221

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

If there is still problem with fingerprint lock/unlock, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Just tested, working fine. My only suggestion turning off was a bit confusing. Might wanna use disable instead of clear lock...I was thinking that was to clear a mistake.
The Following User Says Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
24th February 2019, 11:32 PM |#28653  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,723

More
@HootanParsa
execute function (3 button menu) has stopped working. It's as though Mix doesn't even know the function exists.

Turned logging on
Entered command 'echo "test" '
Got no response
Turned off logging
Here's the entire log file:
Code:
D/Storage>  Refresh storages.
D/ActivityResult>  Request:111, Result:0
I/MiX>  Resumed.
W/Storage>  OREO StorageVolume: Internal shared storage 
I/MiX>  Available storage: 2 /storage/emulated/0
I/MiX>  Available storage: 1 /
I/SDExplorer>  Using system binary...
I/MiX>  MiX paused.
Mixplorer Mix-B19022310_2019-02-24_18-04
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
24th February 2019, 11:58 PM |#28654  
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:

If you enter a keyword in search bar, it filters the current list. Then if you tap on Recursive button, it will start searching immediately and if you long press on Recursive button, it will open the search dialog.

The design (underlined in the quote) might be problematic as "Search recursively" has "Options", which will strongly effect the search's result.
(which means for most of the time tapping the button directly (instead of long-tap) just gets unwanted result...)

---------- Post added at 07:58 ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

@HootanParsa
execute function (3 button menu) has stopped working. It's as though Mix doesn't even know the function exists.

Turned logging on
Got no response
Turned off logging

Code:
D/Storage>  Refresh storages.
D/ActivityResult>  Request:111, Result:0
I/MiX>  Resumed.
W/Storage>  OREO StorageVolume: Internal shared storage 
I/MiX>  Available storage: 2 /storage/emulated/0
I/MiX>  Available storage: 1 /
I/MiX>  MiX paused.
Mixplorer Mix-B19022310_2019-02-24_18-04

Cannot reproduce.

Does the item: "/data/data/${MiXPackageName}/files/busybox/busybox" exist?..
25th February 2019, 12:01 AM |#28655  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droiderat

I need instructions on how to use the new fingerprint feature, please (yes @IronTechmonkey, I checked the FAQ before posting this question).

I regularly use my fingerprint to unlock my phone and to access cloud storage, banking sites and password managers (each via their own apps).

I have 4 cloud storage sites bookmarked in MiX. Each currently requires a passcode for access. Both in the changelist for MiXplorer_v6.33.7_B19022310, and in the cloud storage unlock/passcode screen, I now see reference to using my fingerprint. Sweet! How? When I use the fingerprint, it clears the passcode screen (and seemingly unlocks it), but the cloud drives display as "no items found." I tried to create new cloud drive bookmarks, but that didn't work (or I didn't do it correctly). I still want passcode access, of course, in addition to a fingerprint. I looked to see whether there are any settings that need to be enabled. but couldn't find any.

I would appreciate guidance.

Hootan's response: "I'm confused how to implement it. Would you please try the new beta and tell me the result? Thank you."

Well, the beta build, MiXplorer_v6.33.8-Beta_B19022410.apk, is no better for me.

Steps:
  1. Install beta, alongside xda released version.
  2. Open beta
  3. Go to bookmarks
  4. Create a bookmark for Microsoft OneDrive, assigning a passcode, and then entering user name and MS password
  5. Upon completion, verify that I am connected to OneDrive.
  6. Force close MiX
  7. Restart MiX beta
  8. Go to bookmarks, and select OneDrive
  9. Enter passcode; login completes, as expected.
  10. Force close MiX
  11. Restart MiX beta
  12. Go to bookmarks and select OneDrive
  13. Use fingerprint instead of passcode
  14. Screen flashes and repaints; it looks about the same, except the checkbox to "clear lock" is now missing.
  15. I found that the "refresh" (i.e. screen flash) has caused MiX to forget the OneDrive passcode and other login credentials. Fingerprint doesn't work and passcode doesn't work. To enter OneDrive, I must re-enter all credentials.

Phone: Galaxy S7 SM-G930F (BTU); ROM: Alexndr G930FXXS4ESAE_DevBase_v6.0 (in essence, debloated stock Oreo, February security update). Magisk 18.1.
25th February 2019, 02:31 AM |#28656  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,723

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgsdg123

The design (underlined in the quote) might be problematic as "Search recursively" has "Options", which will strongly effect the search's result.
(which means for most of the time tapping the button directly (instead of long-tap) just gets unwanted result...)

---------- Post added at 07:58 ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 ----------

@HootanParsa

Turned logging on
Got no response
Turned off logging

Cannot reproduce.

Yes.

Edit: Ok, very weird. Must have been a temp glitch of some kind, it's working now. No clue what it could have been.
25th February 2019, 06:20 AM |#28657  
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgsdg123

Cannot reproduce.

Yes.

Edit: Ok, very weird. Must have been a temp glitch of some kind, it's working now. No clue what it could have been.

OS glitch likely. (auth problem)
25th February 2019, 10:29 AM |#28658  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid32

Remove the one drive and add again.

I tried but it still doesn't work.
25th February 2019, 02:21 PM |#28659  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDT

I tried but it still doesn't work.

OneDrive Shared is still not implemented. I will work on it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2019, 02:27 PM |#28660  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droiderat

Well, the beta build, MiXplorer_v6.33.8-Beta_B19022410.apk, is no better for me.

Steps:

1. Install beta, alongside xda released version.
  2. Open beta
  3. Go to bookmarks
  4. Create a bookmark for Microsoft OneDrive, assigning a passcode, and then entering user name and MS password
  5. Upon completion, verify that I am connected to OneDrive.
  6. Force close MiX
  7. Restart MiX beta
  8. Go to bookmarks, and select OneDrive
  9. Enter passcode; login completes, as expected.
  10. Force close MiX
  11. Restart MiX beta
  12. Go to bookmarks and select OneDrive
  13. Use fingerprint instead of passcode
  14. Screen flashes and repaints; it looks about the same, except the checkbox to "clear lock" is now missing.
  15. I found that the "refresh" (i.e. screen flash) has caused MiX to forget the OneDrive passcode and other login credentials. Fingerprint doesn't work and passcode doesn't work. To enter OneDrive, I must re-enter all credentials.

Phone: Galaxy S7 SM-G930F (BTU); ROM: Alexndr G930FXXS4ESAE_DevBase_v6.0 (in essence, debloated stock Oreo, February security update). Magisk 18.1.

Fingerprint recognition doesn't work for login. Login information is encrypted with a key which MiX doesn't have it to decrypt data. You need to enter the key. You can use Fingerprint to lock folders and also for startup lock.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2019, 03:15 PM |#28661  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Attempted in-app update to 6.33.7 B19022310 from very recent version (6.33.7 B19022???) and got
"AFWall+ denied access to Download Manager for package(uid) : com.mixplorer.addon.archive(10096)"
No such entry in AFWall+ to *allow*.

After freezing the Mix Archive app, the update worked.

I had no idea that MixPlorer update was somehow tied to the Mix Archive app, or is this a new bug? New AFWall+ behavior? The in-app update process has worked for me as recently as 4 or 5 builds ago—no idea exactly what versions of anything, though.

Thanks, and belated Happy Birthday 🎂

Sent from my SHT-W09 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to TiTiB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TiTiB Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)