FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,497 posts
Thanks Meter: 28,730

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th May 2019, 07:15 AM |#29631  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Someone in QuickEdit thread said that MiXplorer opens root file in external app by a special way, so the external app can't correctly save the file even with root permission.
Is it possible to fix that?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=761
The Following User Says Thank You to maple3142 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maple3142 Ad-Free

11th May 2019, 06:50 PM |#29632  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,743

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maple3142

Someone in QuickEdit thread said that MiXplorer opens root file in external app by a special way, so the external app can't correctly save the file even with root permission.
Is it possible to fix that?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=761

@HootanParsa
This has been happening for a long time, I just never got around to reporting it. I also don't know if this happens with all 3rd party editors or just some (like Quickedit)
If the file is located in /sdcard/ then everything works fine. If it's located in /data/ then, when you go to save, you get a Java null pointer exception.
2 logs attached. One shows a successful save on /sdcard/. The other shows a failed save in /data/local/
Attached Files
File Type: txt sdcard_good.txt - [Click for QR Code] (658 Bytes, 4 views)
File Type: txt data-local_bad.txt - [Click for QR Code] (847 Bytes, 18 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
12th May 2019, 02:40 AM |#29633  
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

@HootanParsa
This has been happening for a long time, I just never got around to reporting it. I also don't know if this happens with all 3rd party editors or just some (like Quickedit)
If the file is located in /sdcard/ then everything works fine. If it's located in /data/ then, when you go to save, you get a Java null pointer exception.
2 logs attached. One shows a successful save on /sdcard/. The other shows a failed save in /data/local/

Cannot reproduce... (OS related problem?)

Details:
MiXplorer (6.35.7-BETA, 19042110)
QuickEdit (1.4.3)
Android 4.4.4

Created file: '/data/local/a.txt' with MiX.
Opened with MiX's Text Editor, entered random stuff and saved.
Then opened with QuickEdit through MiX, nothing abnormal.
Entered more random stuff in QuickEdit and saved.
Re-opened with MiX's Text Editor, nothing abnormal.
The Following User Says Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
12th May 2019, 02:54 AM |#29634  
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngtung84

How to speed up encrypt task?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciozomb13

Better phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgsdg123

Or better algorithms?..

Both would help. You may also find that configuring / adjustment to your phone setup may also help. eg increasing the IO cache, selecting which location the encryption occurs on, cpu gov, zram etc etc etc We cant expect the dev to make up for possible issues outside of their control.

In 1 word: Better skillz
12th May 2019, 03:46 AM |#29635  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,743

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgsdg123

Cannot reproduce... (OS related problem?)

Details:
MiXplorer (6.35.7-BETA, 19042110)
QuickEdit (1.4.3)
Android 4.4.4

Created file: '/data/local/a.txt' with MiX.
Opened with MiX's Text Editor, entered random stuff and saved.
Then opened with QuickEdit through MiX, nothing abnormal.
Entered more random stuff in QuickEdit and saved.
Re-opened with MiX's Text Editor, nothing abnormal.

May well be OS related. I'm running stock Pie on a Pixel 3 XL. I know it's been happening for quite a while.

Ok, just fired up my old Nexus 5x. Running an Oreo based custom ROM and Mix 6.29.20 B 1810311

Works fine on there. Best guess is that it's Pie related. Was hoping maybe it was the beta that fixed it, but it's not. Tried the beta and still getting the error. See image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190511-222817.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	4757368  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
12th May 2019, 06:47 AM |#29636  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hello I would like you to add in storages, Google photo, DLNA/UPnP
The Following User Says Thank You to MakuSensei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MakuSensei Ad-Free
12th May 2019, 10:39 AM |#29637  
Thanks Meter: 2,910

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviti

Same issues here. with P3 Q DP3...

btw, not restoring settings everything seems to work properly! so I'm using mixplorer on Q beta 3 anyway, just had to set-up everything from scratch
12th May 2019, 02:56 PM |#29638  
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Bug in mix clipboard feature.

Sharing link to clipboard from telegram x to mix clipboard shows this "Check out Sajil CK's message:/ttps://t.me/tgandroidtests/96450" (notice https is not full)

Sharing the same link to any different clipboard from play store shows this :"Check out Sajil CK's message: https://t.me/tgandroidtests/96450"

Galaxy note 8 , pie , April security patch , using version 6.35.6
The Following User Says Thank You to Vordx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vordx Ad-Free
12th May 2019, 03:22 PM |#29639  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FcukBloat

btw, not restoring settings everything seems to work properly! so I'm using mixplorer on Q beta 3 anyway, just had to set-up everything from scratch

Thanks. Deleting data and cash was not effective, but uninstall and reinstalling solved this issue now. I don't know exactly why... anyway I will continue to use MiXplorer.
13th May 2019, 07:59 AM |#29640  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Settings in "More Settings" window aren't alligned correctly for RTL languages (Like Arabic).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	4758029  
The Following User Says Thank You to xXJOKRXx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xXJOKRXx Ad-Free
13th May 2019, 07:49 PM |#29641  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky139

When opening video from SMB by thirdparty player, MiXplorer will stream video as http protocol, then it can be handled by thirdparty players, but MiXplorer may be killed in background in some case (oom or something).

I got this problem on my Pixel device, after playing 20 minutes, player stops, after back to MiXplorer, the MiXplorer activity is killed and recreated.

I think MiXplorer should start a foreground service to serve http stream, to increase the adj, in case low memory kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiling

Noticed that as well...

Hi.
I noticed the bug mentioned above on Galaxy S10+ with Mixplorer (Play Store version).
I play films over SMB using Samsung Player or MX Player. From time to time the video playback hangs. When I switch back to Mixplorer app, it seems like the last open folder (SMB share) is not longer visible, so I have to navigate again. It seems like something is killing this app due to "inactivity". I disabled the "battery optimization" for Mixplorer in Android Settings, but it didn't help. Is there something else I should change in Settings?
The Following User Says Thank You to przmus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift przmus Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)