[MOD] S8 Themed - Stock S4 Camera

Search This thread

RafaelRivero16

Mar 9, 2015
Hey S4 users, I spared some time to work on theming the S4 camera with S8 themed and wanted to share this with all of you. This is V1 release, I will update when I have some free time.

Screenshot is in attached thumbnails

It's been tested working on MORPHOSE Nougat ROM V1 and V2, FirstFlight ROM, Ale95 ROM, WizCyan 4.1 and 5 ROM, PhoeniX Grace ROM and it's supposed to work on the rest of Touchwiz ROMs

Please do not take or use my files without my permission. If you want to include this on your ROM, just leave my name on credits ;)

Instructions:
1. Delete SamsungCamera2 folder on root/system/app
2. Reboot to recovery and flash the zip
3. Go to settings -> applications -> clear app data & cache for camera
4. Launch camera and you're done

Please make a backup of your camera, just in case if something unexpected happens

Press thanks if you like it :)

Attachments

• S4-S8V1.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 5,158
  • S8ThemedV1.png
    S8ThemedV1.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 6,437
Last edited:

chandarlin

Oct 19, 2016
Dakar
Does it work on Galaxy i9500?

Hi Guys,
Does this mod works on Galaxy i9500?
Need to know before flashing.
Thanks

Mar 22, 2015
Mérida
My camera always shows force close, I have installed first flight rom for S4 I9500, this happens after I changed location tag in camera's settings, I can't open the camera since then help. I tried changing the apk in system/app and it didn't work

RafaelRivero16

Mar 9, 2015
My camera always shows force close, I have installed first flight rom for S4 I9500, this happens after I changed location tag in camera's settings, I can't open the camera since then help. I tried changing the apk in system/app and it didn't work
Just clear camera data, it should work again. If it still doesn't work, delete the camera folder in system, flash my zip, then clear camera data again before opening the camera. It'll work

Mar 22, 2015
Mérida
Did you follow my steps? What did not work? After flashing no camera app or what? Please explain clearly

Well, Yes I followed the steps, I delete SamsungCamera2 folder in system/apps and next I flash the zip normally in recovery but when my phone started it didn't install anything, I flash it twice but nothing, so I decompressed the zip and I placed the camera's apk in the respective folder giving it the correct permissions for both, SamsungCamera2 folder and the apk, after my phone started the camera was there so I deleted the cache and camera data in settings and I opened it but the same, it shows "unfortunately camera has stopped" or something like that, I can't solve this, help. Thank you

Reactions: badi19_ess

RafaelRivero16

Mar 9, 2015
Well, Yes I followed the steps, I delete SamsungCamera2 folder in system/apps and next I flash the zip normally in recovery but when my phone started it didn't install anything, I flash it twice but nothing, so I decompressed the zip and I placed the camera's apk in the respective folder giving it the correct permissions for both, SamsungCamera2 folder and the apk, after my phone started the camera was there so I deleted the cache and camera data in settings and I opened it but the same, it shows "unfortunately camera has stopped" or something like that, I can't solve this, help. Thank you
Do you have a backup of your original camera? If yes try to use your backup if not, we'll have to ask for camera originally for FF to fix yours

Mar 22, 2015
Mérida
Do you have a backup of your original camera? If yes try to use your backup if not, we'll have to ask for camera originally for FF to fix yours

No dude, I don't have a backup of my original camera, I had found a post where there was a zip claiming to be the stock camera, so I downloaded and installed it and it seemed to be the original but the problem was the same. The camera works, meanwhile I'm using Google Camera app and it works well, but I would like to have again the original Samsung Camera

RafaelRivero16

Mar 9, 2015
No dude, I don't have a backup of my original camera, I had found a post where there was a zip claiming to be the stock camera, so I downloaded and installed it and it seemed to be the original but the problem was the same. The camera works, meanwhile I'm using Google Camera app and it works well, but I would like to have again the original Samsung Camera
Your error started after enabling location tag right? But before that it did work right?

RafaelRivero16

Mar 9, 2015
Yes, after I enabled location tag in camera settings it showed force close or camera has stopped working, before that it worked perfectly, I also tried erasing cache partition in recovery but nothing happens
I see, then I suppose it is a ROM issue since the original camera happens to be the same. Try to ask on FF post how to fix camera error after enabling location tag, tell them that you had clear app data and others.

adel alsayed

Dec 7, 2014
Egypt
Hey S4 users, I spared some time to work on theming the S4 camera with S8 themed and wanted to share with all of you. This is V1 release, I will update after I finish my exams.

It's been tested working on MORPHOSE Nougat ROM V1.0, which I could guarantee that this will work on all Ale's ROM port and I think it's supposed to work on the rest of Touchwiz ROMs

Please do not take or use my files without my permission. If you want to include this on your ROM, just leave my name on credits ;)

Instructions:

Please make a backup of your camera, just in case if something unexpected happens

but the camera icon not themed like s8 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey S4 users, I spared some time to work on theming the S4 camera with S8 themed and wanted to share this with all of you. This is V1 release, I will update when I have some free time.

It's been tested working on MORPHOSE Nougat ROM V1 and V2, FirstFlight ROM, Ale95 ROM, WizCyan 4.1 and 5 ROM, PhoeniX Grace ROM and it's supposed to work on the rest of Touchwiz ROMs

Instructions:

Hi Guys,
    Does this mod works on Galaxy i9500?
    Need to know before flashing.
    Thanks
    Yes it does, my device is i9500
    Did you follow my steps? What did not work? After flashing no camera app or what? Please explain clearly

can you port it to make it work on the I9506 ?
    I think I can, I just need the original camera of I9506 but I cannot test it since I don't have the device, if you want I could try but you test, send me the original camera. However I couldn't work on it right now, I got 2 more exams, ends in 8th of June, so after that I can work on it.
    but the camera icon not themed like s8 ?
    I can change that on next update