[App] QRemote for AOSP based ROMs

Search This thread

uprightbass360

Dec 21, 2012
Web Presence:
Twitter
Google+

Installation:

Boot into recovery and flash QRemote_V500.zip file.

Hey there man! Thanks so much for your work! So now that we are up to 4.4.2 stock, is there any chance on an update to this so that we could use the remote on cm? Is there any guidance that you can provide so that one may be able to get it up and running?
Cheers!

NSRhodes

Jul 6, 2013
Atlanta
Update

Hey there man! Thanks so much for your work! So now that we are up to 4.4.2 stock, is there any chance on an update to this so that we could use the remote on cm? Is there any guidance that you can provide so that one may be able to get it up and running?
Cheers!

I don't think that the android version is the cause of the issues... I think that the IR blaster's code is closed source, therefore, unless someone can reverse engineer the SDK (or something like that), I don't think that there's much that can be done. That's my understanding at least.

colwellkr

Dec 19, 2013
I don't think that the android version is the cause of the issues... I think that the IR blaster's code is closed source, therefore, unless someone can reverse engineer the SDK (or something like that), I don't think that there's much that can be done. That's my understanding at least.

It bugs me lol that we can't just grab the apk from the Stock Rom and install it. >.>

Reactions: NSRhodes

MoE MuRk

Mar 8, 2014
I know....such a bummer ....the remote was handy

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

BurekUSvemiru

May 19, 2010
It installs properly but doesn't work... Strange since same combination (cm11 + QRemote) works on G Pro...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

davorch

Jan 19, 2011
so for now we do not have any chance to run Qremout on your device with CM11, Yes? or NO :)

colwellkr

Dec 19, 2013

ktwo

Jun 20, 2009
M

Hey, i was taking a look at following:

http://developer.lge.com/MOBILE_HEL...tion/Introduction/LG+QRemote+SDK+Overview.htm

Here there is a diagram about how the LG blaster is supposed to work.. Now i think the real "holy grail" about this would be to find out how the actual on/off sequences are sent to the IR-LED...

Ive tried to decompile the Quickset SDK but it seems to be obfuscated.. But i am searching for similarities to Samsung IR.. for instance Samsung does it (better: did it- before 4.4) by using a custom system service: context.getSystemService("irda"); which would then be able to call "write_irsend" with the On/Off sequences in mSec.

We need to search something like this for LG

Unfortunately though the class cant be fully decompiled. Maybe someone with more knowledge than me might also take a look ( dex2jar to QuicksetSDK.apk" . I think the most interesting class is probably under "com.uei.driver"

I dont know why LG makes life so complicated ... isnt their motto Life's good?;/

Attachments

• SerialDataComm.txt
    21.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012
There is a service for the infrared remote control in the ramdisk, in the file init.awifi.rc. Is that what you mean?

service irrcServer /system/bin/irrcServer
class main
user media
group media
onrestart restart irrcServer

I already tried using that service, copying the binary, a couple of libraries and the app QRemote, but it still didn't work.

ktwo

Jun 20, 2009
M
There is a service for the infrared remote control in the ramdisk, in the file init.awifi.rc. Is that what you mean?

service irrcServer /system/bin/irrcServer
class main
user media
group media
onrestart restart irrcServer

I already tried using that service, copying the binary, a couple of libraries and the app QRemote, but it still didn't work.

I think thats not it. The perfect way would be to avoid using the LG services completely because the dont allow to send custom code (on off patterns). We need to know how the original app communicates with the IR led. I think it is via "serial_port" service ( see the decompiled file). Maybe if i can get hands on a lg device id try to debug into it when sending a code. I only have a Samsung right now

eugenile

Dec 20, 2009
so basically, if you want to be able to use the IR on the v500 or v510 GPE as a remote, STICK TO STOCK ROMS? won't work on any other rom but stock LG?

ktwo

Jun 20, 2009
M
is there someone who would allow me to profile some calls on the LG device (maybe via teamviewer) - i really would like to figure out how the LG ir-blaster is being talked to.

Or even better - if you know how to do it, just post it here..
interesting threads would be

com.lge.qremote.*
com.uei.*
com.lge.irrc.*

My aim is to avoid the LG api completely and talk directly to the infrared LED - this must work somehow, since at some point even LG has to talk with the hardware without any encryption - meaning they must send a sequence of "on/off" to the IR-LED.

Since LG also did "proguard" their SDK its really hard to find out which function is used when a button is pressed. So my idea was to somehow "capture" the call stack with an actual LG device (i dont have one unfortunately)

Reactions: 1barlog17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Web Presence:
    Twitter
    Google+

Installation:

Boot into recovery and flash QRemote_V500.zip file.

Download:
    HERE

Issues:
    You may have to browse to /system/etc/init.d/ and set permissions for file 100Remote to match other files in folder. I had issues at first with proper file permissions so I update the install script but during my testing the Remote program will run even if I do not have proper permission for file.

Thanks to @sefnap for script he created for LG G2.
    I was just trying to help the other lost souls with the GPE in the thread. But it may be of use for you AOSP people to try the new version of the Q remote app that was updated for lollipop.

Here's the apk from the latest Lollipop build.
    LGQRemote.apk - 3.95 MB

There's also some quickset apks, but they appear to be unchanged from KitKat.
    If anyone is still trying to get this to work on a GPE G Pad, all you have to do is use an app called Any Cut from the play store (it's free) and make a shortcut to the q remote app. I'm stock rooted running ART and I successfully paired my Sony TV plus DirecTV receiver. It's not the fanciest remote app, but it sure beats a completely useless IR port.
    Is it possible to add Vizio the list of TV makes? This worked great before I moved CM11 and now that I am on CW11 I would love to get my QRemote back but this version post does not list Vizio tv's. (The version that came stock did)

If it helps, I have a backup of the stock rom I made before flashing.

Thanks!

Hey AndroidUser00110001 (or anyone), did you see my post (also above) and do you have any ideas? :/ thanks!
    I no longer have v500, returned it and waiting for my v510 to get here. Hopefully we can figure something out that works on both models.

If you check in the G2 themes and apps forum there is a way to get QRemote working with AOSP ROMs and maybe the same method and/or files will work on G Pad.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My friend got it working on his g2 by just download an apk, but trying to put that apk on a v500 (running cm11) unfortunately does not work.