[WinApp][Updated 28 April] Android x86 Easy Installer

Search This thread

Audiomad

Dec 15, 2013
I've tried a few iso versions but non seem to give me the option to boot into android after install, I get a bcdedit error saying this operation is not allowed.

Any idea's?
Note : I've tried installing from disc but android won't recognize my hard drive partitions "can't make changes either", I'm using windows 7 64bit HP Pavilion G

lawyer_06

Apr 29, 2014
I think you have a Windows 8 laptop which use UEFI and SecureBoot
till now these devices are not supported

Hi @ExtremeGTX,

Your work is really precious.. I think your app is the easiest way to install Android on Windows installed PCs. Today i installed "android-x86-4.4-r3" on my PC over "Windows 10" with your "Android Easy Installer v1.2" and it seems working.. :) I haven't tested all the features and the components one by one but at least i could able to install Android without issues.

I think lots of people wait for your UEFI supported Android Installer app. If you could do it we will really appreciate it. I have an Acer Iconia W4-820 tablet with UEFI system and i tried many different methods that i could find on the net, but i couldn't able to install Android on my tablet till now. It always give error.. So, my request is if you are still developing on this area and if you have enough time, making your app compatible with UEFI, would be a perfect work. And i think if you could achieve this project, your app will be trendtopic app in development sites and it will be a really useful app for lots of desperate tablet owners that are not able to install Android on their tablet yet.

Thanks in advance.. And good luck during your developements..

Reactions: ExtremeGTX

ExtremeGTX

Feb 17, 2011
Hi @ExtremeGTX,

Your work is really precious.. I think your app is the easiest way to install Android on Windows installed PCs. Today i installed "android-x86-4.4-r3" on my PC over "Windows 10" with your "Android Easy Installer v1.2" and it seems working.. :) I haven't tested all the features and the components one by one but at least i could able to install Android without issues.

I think lots of people wait for your UEFI supported Android Installer app. If you could do it we will really appreciate it. I have an Acer Iconia W4-820 tablet with UEFI system and i tried many different methods that i could find on the net, but i couldn't able to install Android on my tablet till now. It always give error.. So, my request is if you are still developing on this area and if you have enough time, making your app compatible with UEFI, would be a perfect work. And i think if you could achieve this project, your app will be trendtopic app in development sites and it will be a really useful app for lots of desperate tablet owners that are not able to install Android on their tablet yet.

Thanks for your support and your comment, appreciate this :)
Actually i started working on UEFI support, the goal of this app to install Android-x86 without corrupting device boot process.

The problem about UEFI support can be divided into 2 points:
1. Android-x86 team add EFI Linux Kernel (Done, Thanks to the team)
2. Chainload Android from Windows boot manager (Complex to solve)

Till now what i have reached is making UEFI call grub instead of windows boot manager, and user will get two options (Windows, Android).
This solution is working but it is not safe and grub may fail to boot on some devices, maybe we can have new installer release (for UEFI Devices) after a lot of testing and it will be for specific devices which have been tested and has no issues at all.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to devices like Surface 2/3 or Acer Iconia. just testing on my UEFI PC and this is not sufficient test.

lawyer_06

Apr 29, 2014
Actually i started working on UEFI support, the goal of this app to install Android-x86 without corrupting device boot process.

Till now what i have reached is making UEFI call grub instead of windows boot manager, and user will get two options (Windows, Android).
This solution is working but it is not safe and grub may fail to boot on some devices, maybe we can have new installer release (for UEFI Devices) after a lot of testing and it will be for specific devices which have been tested and has no issues at all.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to devices like Surface 2/3 or Acer Iconia. just testing on my UEFI PC and this is not sufficient test.

Thanks for your response and for all your efforts..

It is very good to see that you are still working on this project.. I wish wholeheartedly you succeed.. Because as i said before, your app makes the Android installation on Windows process really easy and without any problem..

Good luck, and please inform us on every new progress you have succeeded.. Because lots of tablet owners that want to install Android on Windows, wait something easy like your app impatiently..

Thanks..

Reactions: Speiler55

Shripal17

Jan 6, 2014
Mumbai
Running windows 10 64-bit. Legacy boot mode. Dell Inspiron 3521 Intel HD Graphics 4000.
Successfully installed.
Selected Android from the list (other option was windows 10)
Shows some lists
an underscore keeps blinking
android doesnt boot up
when i pressed enter, it appeared like i'm running shell/terminal command with root privileges
it was something like this: root@android x86: # (Don't remember properly)
uninstalled

re-installed on another drive with lesser data space.
same thing happened.

uninstalled

now my problem is that first of all, it didnt work (maybe because of windows 10)
second, now i am still getting android OS boot options along with windows 10

my first preference is to run android on my lappy
second is to remove the several faulty android OS boot options

PLEASE HELP ME. WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANDROID WORK INDEPENDENTLY ON PC

ExtremeGTX

Feb 17, 2011
Running windows 10 64-bit. Legacy boot mode. Dell Inspiron 3521 Intel HD Graphics 4000.
Successfully installed.
Selected Android from the list (other option was windows 10)
Shows some lists
an underscore keeps blinking
android doesnt boot up
when i pressed enter, it appeared like i'm running shell/terminal command with root privileges
it was something like this: root@android x86: # (Don't remember properly)
uninstalled

re-installed on another drive with lesser data space.
same thing happened.

uninstalled

now my problem is that first of all, it didnt work (maybe because of windows 10)
second, now i am still getting android OS boot options along with windows 10

my first preference is to run android on my lappy
second is to remove the several faulty android OS boot options

PLEASE HELP ME. WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANDROID WORK INDEPENDENTLY ON PC

I think the GPU Boot options isn't correctly set.
when you get that black screen (GRUB Bootloader) press 'e' to edit the boot command-line then do the following:
Try add or delete one or both of the following option to kernel command line:
nomodeset
xforcevesa

Example:
Before modification
Code:
kernel /Android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 USE_SQUASHFS=0 quiet androidboot.hardware=eeepc acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode SRC=/Android
After should be
Code:
kernel /Android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 USE_SQUASHFS=0 quiet androidboot.hardware=eeepc acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode SRC=/Android nomodeset xforcevesa

Uninstall:
open Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Android

if you still have the boot option, do the following:
open cmd as admin
type: bcdedit.exe
you will see identifier of Android Boot Entry (something like: {xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx})
now type: bcdedit /delete {xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx}

Shripal17

Jan 6, 2014
Mumbai
when you get that black screen (GRUB Bootloader) press 'e' to edit the boot command-line then do the following:
nomodeset
xforcevesa

Example:
Before modification
Code:
kernel /Android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 USE_SQUASHFS=0 quiet androidboot.hardware=eeepc acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode SRC=/Android
After should be
Code:
kernel /Android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 USE_SQUASHFS=0 quiet androidboot.hardware=eeepc acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode SRC=/Android nomodeset xforcevesa

Uninstall:

open cmd as admin
you will see identifier of Android Boot Entry (something like: {xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx})
Thanks a lot sir. I'll try doing this right away in a while and update here the results

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

nomodeset
xforcevesa

Example:
Before modification
Code:
After should be
Code:

Uninstall:

open cmd as admin
I tried the following configurations:
without both
with only nomodeset
with only xforcevesa
with both was the default config i found, which i edited to the above three
nothing happened. android didnt boot up. when i removed nomodeset, the screen resolution was increased and text appeared in full resolution

what should i do now?

i used the 5.1 rc iso

should i switch to 4.0 eeepc?

QuillzToxic

Jul 19, 2014
Thanks a lot sir. I'll try doing this right away in a while and update here the results

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

I tried the following configurations:
without both
with only nomodeset
with only xforcevesa
with both was the default config i found, which i edited to the above three
nothing happened. android didnt boot up. when i removed nomodeset, the screen resolution was increased and text appeared in full resolution

what should i do now?

i used the 5.1 rc iso

should i switch to 4.0 eeepc?

same here. Try installing normally

samteeee

@OP

Great work, thank you.
I've been trying to install Android with your "Legacy" installer but wouldn't get any boot option.
Android is installed on second partition on C:/ drive, NTFS.
My laptop is an Asus win 7 64 but originally came with win 8 pro!
I did try to use your new "UEFI" installer to no avail with this Error: Secure boot not available.
Any suggestion/help is much appreciated.

rajnallan

Jun 19, 2010
El Dorado Hills, California 95762
I used the installer and installation of Bliss X86 rom went as a breeze on my surface Pro 3. When I restarted i got the boot screen as below.
1 Windows
2 Android

When I selected Android I get an error message . I am attaching the screen shots.

When I go to control panel/programs/ I don't find Android listed. So I am not able to uninstall and try again. When I go to commandprompt as admin and command bededit.exe I can see android as well as the file \android\boot\grldr.mbr but I still get the error message.

Any help please. I really appreciate the nice work done on the installer.

Thanks

Attachments

• media-20170601.jpg
    media-20170601.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
Reactions: namitutonka

Fumetsujo

May 7, 2017
Great work!

Thank you very much! I've had so many trouble to install an x86 to my usb device, and now it's like making chocolate milk (powder based)!!
Great work!

tombroweraz

Feb 17, 2018
Chandler
Description:

This Installer will let you install Android x86 on your PC like any other application, no risk to Damage HDD Partitions, Boot Data or User Data. It’s like WUBI (ubuntu installer) NOT a WUBI Based Installer.
After installation you will got an option at boot to select Windows or Android.

Requirements:

• Android x86 ISO
  • Windows Boot Manager/NTLDR is the default Boot Manager
  • Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 32-bit or 64-bit
  • .NET Framework 4

Screenshot:

picture.php

Instructions:

• Install:

1. Go to http://www.android-x86.org/download
  2. Download any version of Android (i recommended eeepc version 4.0-RC2)
  3. Launch the Installer (Installer Link below)
  4. Select the downloaded ISO file
  5. Select the partition which Android will be installed to.
  6. Select “User Data Max. Size” which will store download Apps and User Settings
  7. Click Install and wait about 5 min.

• Note: Installation time depends on “User Data Max. Size” may be more than 10min with 32GB

• Uninstall:

1. Start->Control Panel -> Programs and Features
  2. Select Android and click on “Uninstall”
  3. Just press any key and wait until screen disappear

Know Issues:

• Not Work if GRUB is the default bootloader
  • EFI Not Supported

Change Log:

• Version 1.2:
    - Support Windows 2000/XP [waiting for Users Reports]
    - Logging Installation Process
  • Version 1.1: automatically detect if VGA Card require xforcevesa nomodeset, no more android black screen
  • Version 1.0: initial version

Some Notes:

• you can install Android on "USB Disk" or "SD Card"
  • you can install Android on Windows partition (Drive C: ), no problems at all

Windows 8 and UEFI-Enabled Devices Note:

Download:
Version 1.2:
Installer Version 1.2

Hitting Thanks button encourage me
Works on Oracle VM- Matter of fact I pluged my phone in the computer and now it really thinks it's a phone again. I also installed T-Mobile Digits. It can now receice and send calls and SMS. LOL it's pretty awesome. I like it. I'm going to use it as my a very light weight Media server. It's hold all the media for the entire house plus 3 IP cameras around the house 24 hours a day. It's doing pretty well thus far.

Good Job Android@!

Wiertelus

Jul 14, 2020
Hi, it seems like theres a file missing and because of it i cant boot. Ill try adding it manually and then say if its worked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:

This Installer will let you install Android x86 on your PC like any other application, no risk to Damage HDD Partitions, Boot Data or User Data. It’s like WUBI (ubuntu installer) NOT a WUBI Based Installer.
    After installation you will got an option at boot to select Windows or Android.

Requirements:

• Android x86 ISO
    • Windows Boot Manager/NTLDR is the default Boot Manager
    • Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 32-bit or 64-bit
    • .NET Framework 4

Screenshot:

picture.php

Instructions:

• Install:

1. Go to http://www.android-x86.org/download
    2. Download any version of Android (i recommended eeepc version 4.0-RC2)
    3. Launch the Installer (Installer Link below)
    4. Select the downloaded ISO file
    5. Select the partition which Android will be installed to.
    6. Select “User Data Max. Size” which will store download Apps and User Settings
    7. Click Install and wait about 5 min.

• Note: Installation time depends on “User Data Max. Size” may be more than 10min with 32GB

• Uninstall:

1. Start->Control Panel -> Programs and Features
    2. Select Android and click on “Uninstall”
    3. Just press any key and wait until screen disappear

Know Issues:

• Not Work if GRUB is the default bootloader
    • EFI Not Supported

Change Log:

• Version 1.2:
      - Support Windows 2000/XP [waiting for Users Reports]
      - Logging Installation Process
    • Version 1.1: automatically detect if VGA Card require xforcevesa nomodeset, no more android black screen
    • Version 1.0: initial version

Some Notes:

• you can install Android on "USB Disk" or "SD Card"
    • you can install Android on Windows partition (Drive C: ), no problems at all

Windows 8 and UEFI-Enabled Devices Note:

Download:
    Version 1.2:
    Installer Version 1.2

Hitting Thanks button encourage me
    How to change Android Screen DPI ?
    open C:\menu.lst
    add DPI=120 or any value at the end of kernel line.

I'm waiting too much time and installation still not completed, what's going on?

installation time based on "User Data max. size" value it will take about 10min with 32GB
    with 1GB it will take about 1min or 2min

Installer window not responding?
    during installation installer may appear like not responding but it's still working. don't worry

Can it be installed with Windows 7 and ubuntu (installed with WUBI) ?
    Yes,it won't mess up anything

What about UEFI Devices ?
    I'm trying in my free time to find a solution for these devices
    Hey Guys,
    Good News :D
    Here is the UEFI Version of the Android Installer: http://xdaforums.com/android/software/winapp-android-x86-installer-uefi-t3222483

Hi @ExtremeGTX,

I have the version you suggested on my older labtop I dont really use, only thing is the internet wont work (turn on) which seems like the only thing I can tell which is a bummer. My developer for the rom I have did a 4.2.2 x86 which I tried after the fact and no go. Said it was missing something. Which I was hoping to get at least a 4.0-4.2 version going well. Maybe its just not an option at this point in time. with my new labtop being windows 8 and x64 is it able to take android x86 since it runs x86 programs aswell and has both x64 & x86 program files?
    One last thing when I uninstalled android it still shows android a few times under the windows 7 boot options upon restart. How can I clear/reset that? Great work & Thanks!

Sorry for late replay

1. Internet problem: you can ask Android x86 DevTeam, I'm developer of installer only :)
    BTW Try the version with the most HW similarities to your machines

2. I didn't test 4.2.2 before, i will give it a shot
    3. Android is fully independent OS, only use Windows Boot Manager to boot. (Doesn't care about Windows if x86 or x64)
    4. I think there is a Bug with Uninstaller on x64 systems, i will test it again

Now to delete unused boot entries:
    open cmd as Admin and type bcdedit.exe
    this will give you list of Boot Selections each one has a unique GUID
    to delete an option type: bcdedit.exe /delete {GUID}

:)