LG G2 [Indian Users]

Search This thread

zeph_syk

Mar 10, 2012
Hi Folks!!!

I wanted to start a thread for potential aspirants from India interested in purchasing this amazing device!! Let us discuss prices and local availability, also if you can give a reason to move over to this device, would be a interesting to read :)

The product as of now is listed in SAHOLIC for 40,499 and will be available on 30th September! Anyone going for it? I myself wanted to but it through Flipkart!

Now let us fill this thread up, with the colors of India :D :good:

varunkumars

Sep 4, 2010
Dallas
Congratulations. Lucky, you have white too unlike AT&T.
Now this is just a suggestion, you will find AT&T phones in ebay for around $575.If you do the currency conversion it is relatively cheaper. AT&T phones work 100% in India. You can sim unlock for a little price in ebay(around $2) too. All of this only if you don't care about warranty.

Last edited:

randyspants

Apr 30, 2012
I will be moving from the US to India for a couple years (Delhi) this next month and plan on taking my att g2 with me, just need to find a carrier and get Sim unlock.

zeph_syk

Mar 10, 2012
I am anxiously waiting for the release. Flpikart has posted 42,490 for 32 GB model, and 40,490 for 16 GB. Other websites are quoting 40,390 for 32 GB model.... I don't understand why the escalated price on flipkart!!!

kcharng

Jul 3, 2010
bangkok
32gb Available in Thailand for 19900 bht.
=)

I am anxiously waiting for the release. Flpikart has posted 42,490 for 32 GB model, and 40,490 for 16 GB. Other websites are quoting 40,390 for 32 GB model.... I don't understand why the escalated price on flipkart!!!

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

zeph_syk

Mar 10, 2012
16 GB on infibeam comes to around 38.5 K if you use SAVEMORE coupon...try it out...Infibeam can be trusted too same as like Flipkart

Nope I am not...stuck with S3 as i just purchased it a couple of month back...I wish I waited a little more than going for S3 :eek:

Hmmm Looks like not many are interested to buy this AMAZING device from India, it is majorly due to poor advertisement by LG.

El Che

Jun 7, 2010
Its getting launched tomorrow, i want the 32gb version because i dont want to later regret not having enough space. Price is 43k, i think we should wait a month to see if they reduce price.

Hmmm Looks like not many are interested to buy this AMAZING device from India, it is majorly due to poor advertisement by LG.

Most people go by brand rather than actually check out specs and features, i on the other hand dont give a crap about brand as long as the phone delivers.

But yeah the advertisement has been poor...i dont think ive seen its ad on tv yet :confused:

segag

May 10, 2012
Pune
Im quiet interested in this phone. But 40k for a LG phone seems a heavy price to pay considering how many issues i have had with my previous LG phone (nexus 4).. Though i had it shipped from the Uk and had no warranty what so ever the screen cracked twice and the charging port malfunctioned once.. I ended up paying a lot for a 'cheap' Nexus phone. WIll wait for the early adopters to post reviews and will wait for a price drop as well.. And with the nexus 5 around the corner i would advice to wait and watch till you drop your money on this speck heavy phone.

zeph_syk

Mar 10, 2012
Im quiet interested in this phone. But 40k for a LG phone seems a heavy price to pay considering how many issues i have had with my previous LG phone (nexus 4).. Though i had it shipped from the Uk and had no warranty what so ever the screen cracked twice and the charging port malfunctioned once.. I ended up paying a lot for a 'cheap' Nexus phone. WIll wait for the early adopters to post reviews and will wait for a price drop as well.. And with the nexus 5 around the corner i would advice to wait and watch till you drop your money on this speck heavy phone.

Even I had Nexus 4, and i guess was lucky, i dropped the phone couple of times, and there were no cracks or anything as such. But now I sold my Nexus 4 and anxiously waiting for lg g2. :)

Nexus 5 has a 5" screen and 2300 mah battery.. so i think would be going with G2.

meld

Jun 30, 2012
JKT
Only problem is lg. They will never update it to 4.3. Even don't think about kitkat.
Better but some device with good support.

100% g2 will get kitkat
Will give you 10 buck if this device dont get kitkat :cool:

Its stupid if lg dont give update after invest lot of software engineer at korea.

And lg try change their image
Slow but sure they change, just wait :beer:

NaveenKumarXDA

Apr 21, 2013
Delhi,India
100% g2 will get kitkat
Will give you 10 buck if this device dont get kitkat :cool:

Its stupid if lg dont give update after invest lot of software engineer at korea.

And lg try change their image
Slow but sure they change, just wait :beer:
It Will get KITKAT but not by stock rom. Bet Even 100 if you want. Get it " G2 Will Not get any KitKat in next one Year of Launch". After that even update won't matter to G2 buyers.

I have Experience: My G Pro haven't got a single update in last 3 monthsas its still at 4.1. Even when there is 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.3 & Kitkat in waiting. ( Would Have never bought LG but couldn't reject the gift )
About invest lot of software engineer at korea : They all are *u**ing LG big time. CM with few great people can hold for great no. of devices but OEM suc*s big time.

After This You want to invest in LG junk """" Most Welcome, its Your Money """""

Last edited:

zeph_syk

Mar 10, 2012
Guys what do you think, do you think it is better to buy LG optimus G pro than G2, what are your thoughts on this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So no negative to g2:
    1. No accessories offline or online for g2.
    2. No updates will come from lg. See g & g pro for base of allusion.
    3. No battery cover.
    4. No m sd support.
    5. Pathetic service center support. No parts to repairs. They let you wait months to get repairs.
    6. When everyone complaining on Facebook & Twitter than lg itself become problem.

1. Ya a very few, but the phone has been launched only a week. LG is no Samsung or Apple, to get support. It will come with time.
    2. Yup a question mark, but then again G2 is the first time LG is actually pushing a phone in such a way, so i am hoping for a good support from them, but ya we will see.
    3. Does not matter to me personally. I have been using phones without battery cover for years now without a problem(iPhone, HTC One X, Xperia Z and HTC One)
    4. Does not matter to me, maybe to some with 32 gb i am good.
    5. They are going to probably start replacing the entire phone just like Sony, but again who has a good service centre. I had to wait 2 weeks for samsung to replace my charging point. Nokia and HTC less said the better. We as a consumer are not treated well by any company here, wish our stupid govt can do something about it.
    6. Social sites are full of complaints for Samsung and Sony and HTC too.
    Guys, i have managed to compile the split view mod in our 20b indian kk rom. A flashable version available here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53768395
    Try and enjoy. Let me know the outcome. Works flawlessly for me
    Pictures OF MY G2

i wanted to buy that only but i don't have a paypal account nor any credit card also.

Sent from my lg-d802 using tapatalk

there you are . My beast......

Nilkin case & nilkin tempered glass....

I simply love it

IMG_20140801_104131.jpe

IMG_20140801_104151.jpe

IMG_20140801_104215.jpe

IMG_20140801_104240.jpe

IMG_20140801_104256.jpe

IMG_20140801_104311.jpe
    people who rooted their 4.2.2 G2 and wants to update to official KitKat this may help you guys. (bcoz i faced a big problem)

1. Download the indian 32gb 10c KDZ here
    2. Download R&D FlashTool & Other Files here
    3. Download Drivers here

windows 8 & windows 8.1 have many permission issues, so please follow carefully.

unzip
    - LGMOBILEAX
    - LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix

install B2CAppSetup.exe in LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix\KDZ_FW_UPD_EN

go to C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX remove all files and folder

copy all files and folders from LGMOBILEAX that you unzip from step2 to C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX

First you need to edit hosts file located in C:windows/system32/drivers/etc/
    Watch this video how to edit hosts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1N6c3p4IVY

Add 127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com at the end of the notepad and save hosts file.

Start http in the shttps folder and allow access and hold for 10 seconds.

Start UpTestEX_mod2_marwin

Once the Flash Tool is Open, Change the Select Type to 3GQCT and change the Phone mode to DIAG.

Click the Select kdz Option file and select the .KDz extention file from the downloaded Firmware folder.

Click Normal Web Upgrade Test.

Now you will see a pop-up window, showing you the Phone Information.

Click Upgrade Start Button.

After a Few Seconds, there will be another pop-up asking you the Language and Country.

As Country, Select Republic Of Korea and Language English

Finally Click OK to proceed the installation & Finally you are Done :)

Guys this entire process is already listed in General OP but there are some changes at 2-3 steps in between which gives you some error.
    1. Sometimes it asks for R&D Test Tool Update
    2. Sometimes clicking on Upgrade Start Button it takes you to LG Support tool online instead of Language and Country.

Follow these steps and you will surely Flash the Jelly Bean File, Once you are Flashed Download KItKat from OTA & Reset once :)
    The 1800mhz band is FDD LTE, Where FDD stands for Frequency Division Duplex, in which two different frequencies are used for receiving and sending data. A guard band is required to separate these frequencies so that there is minimal interference between them. This type of 4g LTE is used by majority of the countries worldwide.
    The 2300mhz band is TDD LTE, where TDD stands for Time Division Duplex, in which same frequency is used for receiving and sending data thus outgoing data has to stop before data can be received. It's kinda like a regular radio, you have stop speaking first in order to hear the receiving signal. Thus the latency is more.
    Since there is a scarcity of available frequency bands in India as there are large number of service providers , FDD LTE isn't a viable option as then each service provider would need two frequencies for receiving and sending data and a guard band in between them.
    Thus the Indian government chose TDD LTE instead of FDD LTE
    Our phones do not have the 2300 MHz radio(TDD LTE bands), therefore LG released a new model
    I just hope that other telecom service providers get permission for the 1800 MHZ bands, So that we can enjoy 4g on our devices as well...