[KERNEL][ARC/ARC S]ArcKnight Kernel_4 (ICS)/ Update October 29th!!

Search This thread

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm assuming you've flashed the Addon including the other modules, I'll look into it and of course I'll make Conservative as default governor since it is the best for performance and Battery Life...

Regarding the clock i'll have to check since I shrinked the freq table at 245 MHZ due stability but I think it is totally doable and will help to save more battery...

V3 will include the requested changes and will be out most likely on Sunday Night :)

Reactions: LiquidRobotics

Velcis Ribeiro

Jan 31, 2012
Porto Alegre
Yes, clean install, flashed kernel first.

But the issue occurs from the first time i used ICS to now, never can fixed, neither WiFix.

It shows "Authenticating...", than show "Saved","Authenticating...", than show "Saved","Authenticating...", than show "Saved","Authenticating...", than show "Saved","Authenticating...", than show "Saved".

All time doing this, in another connection it works great. But the mistake is, WHY in Gingerbread it works goood, and in ICS isn't works?

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I had the same issue few months ago. Try changing your Router configuration. And the authentication key. I noticed to have more issues when using WPA2 with any ICS ROM... But if you use WPA it will work just fine... Also try rebooting the Router...

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

skryte

Jan 10, 2010
Lincoln City
wifi issues

the kernel is amazing i just cant for some reason get the wifi to work with my arc s:confused:. ive tried reflashing it to see if that would help but now such luck. im on jjs hybrid

Last edited:

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
the kernel is amazing i just cant for some reason get the wifi to work with it:confused:. ive tried reflashing it to see if that would help but now such luck. im on jjs hybrid

What version of JJ's are you on now? So I Can test....

Did you do a clean install. Try installing GB first, then Flashing my kernel and from there JJ's Rom?

eryen

Apr 1, 2011
I've WiFi problem too.

Tottaly clean official ICS rom flashed.
WiFi can not be turn-on.

Flashing original kernel with Flashtool, and after that i can use wifi.

Besides, best kernel ever. very fast...

This is the error messages in logcat
Cannot set RW to "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf": Operation not permitted
Wi-Fi will not be enabled
Failed to start supplicant!

EDIT:
Clicked all kind of permission on RootExplorer.
Now i can enable wifi.

Last edited:

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Can you please upload q logcat? ... Thanks for the update. I'll see what the issue is, probably a permissions management in my init file. Anyway it would a nice Idea to do a Fix Permisions command in Recovery to fix it before booting the first time, I'll add it to OP

Thanks!

Last edited:

dejson

May 21, 2007
Sarajevo
I have a problem with your kernel, for me it is very slow on arconium, fresh install. Using conservative as recommended. Of to 1600 but still slow.

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium

Overdose1986

Jan 23, 2012
Hola, estuve usando tu kernel con ICS oficial en un ARC S, y todo me pareció genial hasta que intenté tomar fotos... la cámara se cierra constantemente, creo que es por eso de "Increased RAM by reclaimed Unused Cam Memory (FXP Sources)." y para mi la cámara es esencial...
No sabes como puedo evitar los problemas de cámara?

Por cierto muchas gracias por el kernel es el mejor que he probado

nono83

Apr 8, 2011
Omniverse
Hi, great work.

Anyway, just a little detail, the bootscreen is not so good. Why do not make something simple like :

Sony
Powered By Arc-Night Kernel​

This could be cool. :)

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have a problem with your kernel, for me it is very slow on arconium, fresh install. Using conservative as recommended. Of to 1600 but still slow.

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium

Hmmm well conservative is for battery save with nice performance but if you need it to be q bit more responsive can please try using the Ondemand governor which was tweaked to be a bit more aggressive in terms of performance?

Hola, estuve usando tu kernel con ICS oficial en un ARC S, y todo me pareció genial hasta que intenté tomar fotos... la cámara se cierra constantemente, creo que es por eso de "Increased RAM by reclaimed Unused Cam Memory (FXP Sources)." y para mi la cámara es esencial...
No sabes como puedo evitar los problemas de cámara?

Por cierto muchas gracias por el kernel es el mejor que he probado

Hi!

Please try to keep in English as per forum rules. I thought I've fixed the "Unkown Error" in camera in v2 but I'm also experiencing random FC's with stock camera app . I'll try to increase a little more the memory allocation for Camera in V3 to have fixed finally.

Hi, great work.

Anyway, just a little detail, the bootscreen is not so good. Why do not make something simple like :

Sony
Powered By Arc-Night Kernel​

This could be cool. :)

I'll do it! Sorry for the bootscreen I'm not a pro in terms of image editing. I'll keep it simple until I find q good bootscreen for the Kernel.

Can you guys please elaborate q little more on Feedback I just want to know if things are working as expected or if something is not...

Thanks for testing :)

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk

soumya_digi

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 9, 2011
Kolkata
What about a startup image something like this?? :D

1z2po5g.png

Last edited:

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
That my friend looks totally awesome! Can you make one based in black colors as well?

I like it! We should start a poll or some sort of contest to find the best boot screen...

stirkac

Dec 16, 2008
the Internet
Thank you for Testing!

Can you please share what your settings are? What Scheduler, Governor, Frequency?... What ROM are you using, so others members can also compare?

I'd really appreciate if you could provide a litle more detail on the feedback so I can improve what's not working as it should.

Thanks!

Jimbo

I was using beta ICS, now official nordic ICS. i did not mess with any settings on lt15i, because it tends to compromise either battery life or performance. basically i only flashed it over with modules and all.
What i would kindly ask you to change in next versions is the logo.rle to something more monochrome like above but more darkish ;)
thanks

Istvan_86

Apr 9, 2011
Madrid
Hello, glad to see some new kernel development here :eek:

Now I´m trying your kernel with ROM KA14 and all looks good for the moment. Thanks fot the great job.

Also update your post title it´s says V1 and now you updated to V2 :D

EDIT: soumya_digi really nice startup image :D :D :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please note the Kernel Will only Work in ROM based on ICS for Example: JJ's ROM, ICS Beta, ICS Official, MIUI V4, Arconium ICS etc... but not in CM9 since it uses its own Kernel.

Hi Guys!

First and foremost i'd like to thank all the great developers for the Sony (Ericsson) phones specially FXP (Jerpelea), Zdizihu, Bin4ry, Blagus and DoomLord. I've been part of the development experience since back on the X10 days when J&Z teamed up to create the first working version of Froyo for us and now that I've jumped to the Arc wagon it's great to see them supporting us as well.

I've worked/read a lot trying to understand how Android works and litle by litle i've understand a lot of things and doing my experiments as well. I'm not by any means a "Huge", "Great" or Super Skilled developer such as the ones mentioned above but i'm learning and trying to be just like them to bring more things to our devices.

Based on the experience I want to give back something to such rich community that have helped me in one way or another, this is the reason why I'm giving you my Arc-Night Kernel.

Why the name "Arc-Night Kernel"

Well I work from 7Am to 5Pm, I'm married and recently my first baby was born so as you might know it really takes a lot of time to take care of all that, hence the development/reading have happened during the nights only (Up to 12am).

Ok, enough said I want to know what's this kernel all about!!

The kernel was made for personal use, it was a personal project to understand what the kernel is and how it is build. I made it and then all the porting, tweaking started until i realized why not let other users more options other than stock plus and DoomKernel (Which are great by the way).

Kernel Main Features/ Changelog:

ArcKnight_4.1_Version:

ArcKnight_4_Version:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.5.1_TEST_Versions:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.5.1_TEST_Versions:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.5_TEST_Versions:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.4_TEST_Version:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.3_Test_Versions:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC_3.1:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3:

ArcKnight RC2.2 - Joker_BFS:

ArcKnight RC2.2 - Joker Edition:

ArcKnight RC2:

ArcKnight RC1:

ArcKnight V8:

ArcKnight V7 FINAL:

Version 6:
    • SKIPPED - IT WAS PRIVATE BETA TESTING.

Version 5:

Version 4:

Version 3:

Version 2:
    • FIXED Camera Error with some Extra RAM yet...

Version 1:
    • OverClock up to 2GHZ.
    • Init.d Scripts Support.
    • Slightly Modified voltages Table (UV).
    • CMW Pre-installed - Thanks to Cobrato.
    • Increased RAM by reclaimed Unused Cam Memory (FXP Sources).
    • 0% Battery Friendly - Thanks to Bazoocase.
    • Tweaked Conservative Governor (Based on Midnight Kernel (SGS).
    • Tweaked Sio Scheduler.
    • Two Way Recording Call patch (Didn't test it).
    • Tweaked Ondemand Governor (Based on Zachariasmaladroit's work (SGS)).
    • Powersave, Performance and Conservative as Available Governors.
    • Deadline and Noop as available Schedulers.
    • Support for ext2,ext3,ext4 and NTFS FileSystems.
    • Based on ICS Beta Sources.
    • Extra Addon with Modules so Users can load just what they Want! (More details on this below).

The Addon Package is an stand alone flashable zip that includes a number of modules so the user decides wether he/she use them or not, it is like removing bloat ware and to give the user the free to choose how to tweak their own phone.

List of available modules that can be insmoded after the kernel has booted:

• SIO io scheduler.
    • VR io scheduler.
    • CFQ Frequency Governor.
    • SmartAss Frequency Governor.
    • SmartAssV2 Frequency Governor.
    • Powersave Frequency Governor.
    • TWEAKED Ondemand Frequency Governor.
    • AS io scheduler.
    • Userspace Frequency Governor.
    • Cifs.ko.
    • Tun.ko.

To load any of those modules just do insmod /system/lib/modules/"nameofthemodule" and if you want to use them at boot time you can use a init.d script.

Bugs Known Issues:
    1. Update April 27: NONE AT THE MOMENT!!! :D

How to flash Arc-Night Kernel:

1. Put the phone in Fastboot mode
    2. In terminal do: fastboot flash boot Arc-Night_Kernel_V1.img
    3. Hit Enter
    4. When Led lights turn on press any key to go into recovery.
    5. Clean Cache and dalvik Cache to avoid any issues.
    6. If you come from DoomKernel be sure to start from scratch since most likely you have flashed his WiFi modules and it will not work on my Kernel.

Downloads/Recomendations in Second Post!

Updates Plans
    • Port other Frequency Governors Like Lagfree, BFQ, etc...
    • Fix Camera Issue without removing the Reclaimed Camera Memory - Done in V2
    • Create Script to be used like Supercharger to load specific modules chosen by user only.
    • Upgrade WiFi drivers to provide more signal range (Just like in FXP's CM9).

Sources?: Here!!
    Downloads! and Recomendations...

Main Kernel - ArcKnight Kernel_4.1 - Link Not Working

Modules for Kernel - ArcKnight_4.1_Modules - Link Not Working

ArcKnight 4.1 Mirror Links HERE

Old Downloads:

RECOMENDATIONS:

• If you come from DoomLord's Kernel (ICS) you'll need to flash the file doomed151 kindly uploaded for your WiFi to work!!! go HERE
    • ALWAYS and I Mean ALWAYS reboot the phone RIGHT AFTER you have disconnected it from the computer or charger to avoid the f*king Android OS issue

I want to support other phones as well but my budget is really limited at the moment so if you FEEL like helping me in funding to buy an Xperia S or even a Ray, Neo, Play etc... help me by donating to the cause :) just click HERE and you'll be helping me a lot, even if it is 1 Dollar :D

Would you like showing your support to my work with other Members?

Kindly request you to add the following Signature Banner created by User LiquidRobotics :

ARC-Night%20Banner.png
    ArcKnight Kernel V 4.1

Small update to address little issues:

Changelog:

• Version bumped to ArcKnight Kernel V4.1
    • Removed 122MHZ frequency and changed by 280MHZ to make the phone wake faster.
    • USB OTG Modules Updated to match current Version.
    • Zram Preconfigured within the Kernel (It will give around 100MB of swap)
    • Tun.ko and Cifs.ko are now provided as separate modules
    • ArcKnight 4 Modules folder now contains the following:
    • CIFS.ko, TUN.ko, hid-logitech.ko, hid-pl.ko, hid-sony.ko, lzo_compress.ko, lzo_decompress.ko, usbhid.ko, usbkbd.ko, usbmouse.ko, usb-storage.ko and zram.ko
    • All of the above modules will be automatically insmoded when the phone boots.
    • Fixed the /Vendor folder issue. At the moment I'm using Wedgess ramdisk since I was having issues with mine, huge thanks to him for letting me use his work for the time being...

Please don't forget to leave feedback if you decide to update your phone with this new Kernel Version... BTW My broter has been using it in his phone since today early morning and the battery is awesome as per him. The phone has been up for around 6 hours and with minimal use it has deep sleeped a total of 5:40 minutes.....

Download links will be as always in 2nd Post!
    ArcKnight Kernel..... The ArcKnight RISES!!

I know i said I wouldn't work on this Kernel since I have bought a SGS3 myself... BUT my brother got his hands on an Xperia Arc and now I can work again on the Kernel and test it with his phone! :D

So Today's update is:

• Based on Lastest 4.1.L.0.10 Sources from Sony Developer World
    • Reworked completely from Scratch since most of my sources got lost when I stopped working on the Kernel!
    • Nice new Boot Logo... Simpler...
    • Added back ArcKnight_II Governor and Tweaked for smoothness
    • Sio, Deadline, VR and other Schedulers are up.
    • 0% Battery Friendly
    • OC up to 1.6GHZ (You know my Rule right ;))
    • Compiled with Zram and LZO Compression...
    • any other fixes...
    • USB OTG COMPACTIBLE!

Please test this version and let me know any kind of issue you might find... I'll start working and Tweaking this kernel again to bring you smoothness and updated sources again :)

Download links are as always in Second Post!!! - BTW, you wanna help me out? Just click HERE and Donate :)
    ScreenShots :)

NEW TEST VERSIONS:

Main Kernel OverClocked CPU - ArcKnight Kernel_RC_3.6_OC_TEST

Wifi Modules - ArcKnight_Wifi_Modules.zip