[HOWTO] Install Whatsapp working On Nexus 7! [05/31/13]

Search This thread

pleasant

Sep 14, 2011
GUYS HERE is the Solution for the PROBLEM who receives SMS Verification failed error and Dont have ANDROID CELLPHONE to Get the Backup From phone
here is the solution

Download BLUESTACK
Install BLUESTACK
Go to the BlueStacks directory and Run HD-Quit.exe
DOWNLOAD ROOT FILES of BLUESTACK

Then go to C:\ProgramData\Bluestacks (Paste the Extracted Root Files Here)
Remember Program Data is a Hidden Folder

Run Bluestack
INSTALL WHATSAPP from Market or APK
Enter you number you will receive SMS this time
wait for 5 to 10 minutes enter the VERIFICATION CODE you recieved

Voila Now it works you can test it by sending sms to your friends

Now INSTALL TITANIUM BACKUP( From store or APK)
Backup WHATSAPP

Now install FILEMANAGER (From Store or APK)
Run File manager
HOLD ON TITANIUM BACKUP FOLDER
it will popup the menu and Click "COMPRESS"

Now Install DROPBOX (From Store or APK)
Login urself there

Now Goto FILE MANAGER Hold on the Titanium backup ZIP you just made
hold on it will pop up the Menu

SELECT SHARE
and Share it on DROPBOX

let it upload

now Download and EXTRACT THE ZIP on your MOBILES TITANIUM BACKUP"

folder launch titanium backup
restore APP AND DATA of whatsapp
let it install

Dont launch the App

Use SRT-APP GUARD
to secure the app

let it complete all the procedure from unistalling to installation
CLICK DONE

And In PHONE CALLS:
Uncheck
directly call phone numbers
read phone status and identity

DONT RUN WHATSAPP NOW

now RELAUNCH TITANIUM BACKUP and CLICK on RESTORE
This Time SELECT "DATA" only as you have already installed APP

Restore it and now launch Whatsapp

ENJOY :) GIVE THANKS if the method works for you :)

Resharing the 100% working method tried and tested on nexus 7 wifi if you like it press thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: r3drox

iluvatrix

Aug 23, 2012
Hi guys
Has anyone used voice notes to send audio?
Can please tell me if your nexus 7 creates the audio file as an aac file or some other format?
Reason I asked is because my nexus 7 sends out voice notes as aac & it has difficulty being opened by a note 2 clone , an Asus fonepad , a galaxy tab 2 & a huawei ascend g525 all within the family. All the rest of the above phones send out the voice note file in m4a format & all have no problems being opened by any set within the above group.
in short all our phones have difficulty opening & listening to voice notes from nexus 7 but the nexus 7 is able to open & listen to vocie notes from all the other phones
the nexus 7 is also not able to open & listen to its own created voice note.
so far the only difference i have figured out is the difference in aac (created by nexus 7) & m4a format (created by all the rest of the other devices)
Any advice or help rendered here would be greatly appreciated
Thanks for reading.

Sent from my ZP900 using xda app-developers app

just did a test - ip5 send voice note to me . the audio was on aac format & i was able to open / listen so guess its not a codec issue after all.
any advice will be appreciated

Last edited:

Deeco7

Jul 12, 2010
This does not work. Everything is controlled by server side, therefore there are no alternatives.

pleasant

Sep 14, 2011
This does not work. Everything is controlled by server side, therefore there are no alternatives.

GUYS HERE is the Solution for the PROBLEM who receives SMS Verification failed error and Dont have ANDROID CELLPHONE to Get the Backup From phone
here is the solution

Download BLUESTACK
Install BLUESTACK
Go to the BlueStacks directory and Run HD-Quit.exe
DOWNLOAD ROOT FILES of BLUESTACK

Then go to C:\ProgramData\Bluestacks (Paste the Extracted Root Files Here)
Remember Program Data is a Hidden Folder

Run Bluestack
INSTALL WHATSAPP from Market or APK
Enter you number you will receive SMS this time
wait for 5 to 10 minutes enter the VERIFICATION CODE you recieved

Voila Now it works you can test it by sending sms to your friends

Now INSTALL TITANIUM BACKUP( From store or APK)
Backup WHATSAPP

Now install FILEMANAGER (From Store or APK)
Run File manager
HOLD ON TITANIUM BACKUP FOLDER
it will popup the menu and Click "COMPRESS"

Now Install DROPBOX (From Store or APK)
Login urself there

Now Goto FILE MANAGER Hold on the Titanium backup ZIP you just made
hold on it will pop up the Menu

SELECT SHARE
and Share it on DROPBOX

let it upload

now Download and EXTRACT THE ZIP on your MOBILES TITANIUM BACKUP"

folder launch titanium backup
restore APP AND DATA of whatsapp
let it install

Dont launch the App

Use SRT-APP GUARD
to secure the app

let it complete all the procedure from unistalling to installation
CLICK DONE

And In PHONE CALLS:
Uncheck
directly call phone numbers
read phone status and identity

DONT RUN WHATSAPP NOW

now RELAUNCH TITANIUM BACKUP and CLICK on RESTORE
This Time SELECT "DATA" only as you have already installed APP

Restore it and now launch Whatsapp

ENJOY GIVE THANKS if the method works for you :)

iluvatrix

Aug 23, 2012
Hi
Just to clear the air the n7 3g is using its own dedicated Sim number there is no sharing.
Have installed the apk from whatsapp site successfully.
All functions work as advertised Except the sending of voice notes is not 100% success rate.
Around 70% of time though it shows sent on the chat screen & received on the target device the voice not can't be played back on either the n7 (source) or the target device though the message is sitting in the chat window.
Another discovery is that IF the voice note can be heard on the target then it can also be played back on the n7.
IF it can't be heard on the target then it won't playback on the n7 either .
As said above this is intermittent it does work flawlessly 30% of the time.
As this is a 3g n7 & I'm using its own dedicated Sim I believe it should work all the time as if its like a normal cellphone. The only thing is cant DL direct from Play as the device is seen as a tablet which is not recognized.

Sent from my ME371MG using xda app-developers app

tuxcrafter

Sep 22, 2013
whatsapp doesnt detect my db backups and wants to verify known numbers

I been trying to get my whatsapp working again on my nexus 7 (2012). I installed cm on it today, and wanted to get my whatsapp up and running again.

I used a phone number for my whatsapp on my nexus 7 that isn't available in the real world anymore, I still used my account this morning. When I start my moddified (appguard) version of whatsapp and fill in my number it wants to verify it.....

I thought well maybe I am just screwd and need a new number, so i took my spain number that wasn't used yet for whatsapp on my spare android phone and full installed whatsapp on it. Then I used that number on my nexus 7, but had the same problem again, it wants to verify the number, both numbers have excisting whatsapp acounts... why does it not detect my backup files and just continue and restore my back-up. Please help, i really want my whatsapp on my tablest again.... (if possible with my original account number)

Using WhatsApp 2.11.78

Last edited:

boyzis

Aug 24, 2013
1. Install file manger on tablet
2. Download whatsapp.apk on computer and rename it into whatsapp.doc
3. Bluetooth the file to nexus 7
4. The file wouldn't open' so just open file manager go to Bluetooth folder and rename file to .apk
5. Open file and install
6. Verify it using request a call option

It is this simple. Pm me if there is any problem.

Simplest way to install

So, whats the correct working version to get whatsapp working on the Nexus 7 Wifi?

1> Download Mobigenie http://www.mobogenie.com/ and install.
2> connect Nexus 7 (USB debugging enabled)
3> after opening the software goto "APPS " tab.
4> search for Whatsapp and install.
5> for verification give any phone number you have in you mobile phone so that you can get verification by call or SMS.
6> write the code and enjoy !

Reactions: dinesh690

rowdy21

Aug 17, 2012
Jaipur
Here's what I did..
On a 16gb nexus (no sim card)

1. Download whatsapp .apk file from the official website.
2. Download go SMS pro .apk file from the internet.
3. Insert the sim car into a phone and Downloaded go SMS pro. Register it and delete from the said phone.
4. Install go SMS pro on the tablet and activate it by using the sim number.
5. Install whatsapp.
6. When the registration screen comes, put the sim number, it will send an SMS through go SMS to your sim.it will come into whichever mobile your sim is in, but it won't activate this way.an error message will appear (registration failed, shall we give you a call ?? ) tap yes.
7. You will get a call on your mobile, an automated voice will give you a code, which should be Inserted into the registration screen of the tablet.

Did this in September and have not updated till now. Still working !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

neo1691

Dec 19, 2010
Germany
Was just curious, anyone successful in running whatsapp from same number on two different devices?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DELLXPS1730E

Aug 5, 2010
another way

Hi guys. For those who are not rooted or down want to make to big changes to stock app:
I found an easy way to install whatsapp on our beautiful nex7 WiFi.
First download The free apk text plus from the market. After installation an phone number will be alocated to our n7.
Go to option in text plus ,contact info and write down the number.
Now go to you PC and download that latest whatapp version from their website. Copy it via Bluetooth, WiFi, cable to your mobile.
Install it and when your asked for your number just put in the number from your text plus app.
Now verify the number in whatsapp via telephone(they will call your new number and give you a code) Write the code in whatsapp and your done.
Now you have whatsapp on your nex7.

PS: It`s easier than sound, just follow on screen indications .

NoOneSpecific

Oct 14, 2010
about.me
Can we compile this down to a walkthrough (from 36pages)?

So, can someone maybe boil down theses 36 pages into a comprehensive installation guide as to how to install WhatsApp onto a Nexus7 (FHD) 3G Tablet (without losing WhatsApp on your cell)?

:good:

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello for everyone, Today we going to get Whatsapp in our Beast Tablet Google Nexus 7 (tested WIFI VERSION AND 3G, ALSO WORK WITH ANY TABLET HAVING ANDROID!)

I was very busy developing and cooking roms for allwinner a13 tablets

THIS HOWTO IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANNA INSTALL WHATSAPP IN THE TABLET

DO YOU NEED: 1 ANDROID SMARTPHONE AND WHATSAPP INSTALLED AND UPDATED!

REMEMBER: YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE INSTALLATION OF WHATSAPP BY PHONE NUMBER, IF YOU WANNA USE WHATSAPP ONLY IN YOUR TABLET, PLEASE UNINSTALL WHATSAPP ON DEVICES
    USING YOUR PHONE NUMBER.

This a new method to start to get working whatsapp in our tablet.

1. Install "Carbon backup" APK from play store on your android smartphone and on your tablet.

2. Take a back up of whatsapp from your smartphone and select the option to save it on your external SD card.

3. Now move to your tablet. Take a backup of any app. In my case, I took the back up of Temple Run2 and select to save the back up in your external SD card.
    (This is mainly done to create the Carbon backup folder structure.)

4. The back up would be available under /ext_sd_card/carbon/

5. Now back to your smartphone

Copy the complete carbon folder under /ext_sd_card/carbon/ and upload it some where. (You can use some file manager like EXexplorer to do this for you)

6. Moving to your tablet, download the carbon folder you uploaded in your tablet and replace with the one that is already existing on your external SD card.

7. Open Carbon application and restore WhatsApp

8. It will ask you to install whatsapp from play store.

Install WhatsApp to the tablet!

9. Select restore option again and restore WhatsApp data

10. Open WhatsApp with the same state as you left it on your smart phone. (IF YOU HAVE MESSAGES THERE, THEY WILL BE IN TABLET TOO)

If you want to use a different number on your tablet, then follow the below steps after Step 11.

Send one or two messages to your friends.

11. Uninstall whatsapp and install it again.

12. Restore the back up again from carbon app.

13. Open Whatsapp, you will be asked to verify your number.

14. Enter your new number and select Ok. Please make sure that the new number is in working state i.e. the SIM card is inserted into a phone and can receive SMS/call

15. Whatsapp will send the verification code to your new number.

16. Wait for sometime and you will get the prompt on your tablet to enter the verification code.

17. Enter it and enjoy

Easy method to import contacts:
    1. Import the contacts from Outlook to a CSV file.
    2. Login to Gmail and imported the CSV file.
    3. Login to Gmail in your tablet and contacts will be synchronised!

DO NOT FORGET SAY THANK YOU AND SHARE THESE THREAD
    You must install whatsapp version 2.8.7326 download of the link I provided

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Hai, Im from Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 Wifi user. I search for how to install WhatsApp in WiFi only tablet and guess what??? I TOTALLY works. A zillion thanksto you :good:

BTW, for those who got 6 digit authorization code that means you have installed the wrong version on the BlueStacks. The WhatsApp version on BlueStacks and on your tablet must be SAME.

Hope thread starter will update his OP since Im also thought just download it from somewhere else to be use in BlueStacks but no, you must installed the same version.

Before this I use the latest version which is 6 code, appguraded but you cant enter your code there. But this method totally works. Now I have Viber and WhatsApp, hey who need a simcard? Thank you so much AnonFBI
    This is for ppl who are facing issues because of blue stack, apguard or getting error messages like "tablet not supported", "it looks like your client has been modified". Please follow the below steps. I tried today and it worked perfect. No need to root your tablet. For easy understanding, I have colored the text :- Red-Things that are to be done on phone . Green-Things that are to be done on tablet

1) Install Carbon backup app from play store on your android smart phone and on your tablet. My android smart phone is rooted [it should work in non-rooted smart phone as well]
    2) Take a back up of whatsapp and select the option to save it on your external SD card.
    3) Now move to your tablet. Take a backup of any app. In my case, I took the back up of Temple Run2 and select to save the back up in your external SD card. This is mainly done to create the Carbon backup folder structure.
    4) The back up would be available under /ext_sd_card/carbon/

5) Now back to your smart phone- copy the complete carbon folder under /ext_sd_card/carbon/ and upload it some where. You can use some file manager like EXexplorer to do this for you
    6) Moving to your tablet, download the carbon folder you uploaded in your tablet and replace with the one that is already existing on your external SD card.
    7) Open Carbon application and restore whatsapp
    8) It will ask you to install whatsapp from play store. I would recommend you to download the apk and install it.
    9) Select restore option again and restore whatsapp data
    10) Now you can open whatsapp with the same state as you left it on your smart phone. I mean the messages :p

Please note : Whatsapp can be attached to a single number only, so please uninstall it on your smart phone after the above process.

If you want to use a different number on your tablet, then follow the below steps after Step 10.

Send one or two messages to your friends.
    12) Uninstall whatsapp and install it again.
    13) Restore the back up again from carbon app.
    14) Open Whatsapp, you will be asked to verify your number.
    15) Enter your new number and select Ok. Please make sure that the new number is in working state i.e. the SIM card is inserted into a phone and can receive SMS/call
    16) Whatsapp will send the verification code to your new number.
    17) Wait for sometime and you will get the prompt on your tablet to enter the verification code.
    18) Enter it and enjoy :)
    More simple metod

I've installed whatsapp in another, and more simple way.
    I've just restored one whatsapp backup (made on my galaxy s2) with titanium backup, and at the registration of the number, i've just inserted secondary phone number, and just wait for sms code ;).
    If someone is interested in, just pm me, I can send the backup to restore ;)
    EDIT: i forgot to tell that play store full recognizes the app, and i can update regularly when new version come up :D
    Working method.!!! 02/19/2013

After All this method is working yet but with a few steps more today 02/19/2013:

i do this

1- with titanium backup make the backup of the whats app on my phone (Galaxy S2 epic 4g)

2- uploaded the 3 file made from the titanium folder to my dropbox and then downloaded to my nexus 7

3- restored the app from the backup already maid with the titanium backup (at this step i try to open the app but it where stuck into the update phone process, same as installing from zero)

4- with the Appguard app secure the whatsapp and at the end of the process you can choose the permissions on the phone and under the Phone Calls deselect "read phone status and identity" (first tricky move).

5- then as common users of appgard know during his process all the data is wiped from the app, now you just go to the titanium backup and restore only the data of the app. (second and last tricky move)

i hope this help, tomorrow if i got time i can make a full howto with screens of all. if needed just let me know.

Having whatsapp installed with same number on phone and tablet works fine, I've been using it for months like this.

Just titanium backup the working phone version, then upload the .tibk file to dropbox or otherwise transfer it to your n7 and restore the backup file, app+data.

Just need to try to remember to try and not have it running on phone and n7 at the same time because I've had it screw up a couple of times by forgetting. Just close phone version when you're using the tablet and vice versa. But even if you do forget then all you have to do is restore the titanium backup again, takes 2 secs.

I'm using whatsapp+ btw.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD