[Q] Root for GT-I9301I Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo?

Search This thread

rod555

Feb 27, 2007
milan
Is there any way to root the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo i9301i with Android 4.4.2 KitKat on it?
Hope somebody can help me :fingers-crossed:
+1

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Towelroot works brother

Sent from my GT-I9300I using Tapatalk
no for me, popup advise that device not supported

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

vroot no work, until now

Sent from my GT-I9301I

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

framaroot no work

Sent from my GT-I9301I

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

POOT no work

Sent from my GT-I9301I

Reactions: boembo2
Jun 13, 2014
Android Wear
Huawei Watch

no for me, popup advise that device not supported

you propably updated to the new version of Kitkat 4.4.2.
The new update had the bandversion I9301IXXUANF4 for me (I updated too) (there is no possible way to root this version as far as i know)
But the not updated version of KitKat 4.4.2 (bandversion for me: I9301IXXUANC6) works with towelroot.

Beside i updated to the new update i still got my phone rooted:
  1. I downloaded the new version of Odin on my pc.
  2. I downloaded the old version from sammobile. (the I9301IXXUANC6 version)
  3. In Odin (launched with admin rights) you click on the PDA (or sometimes AP called) button and select the downloaded firmware version (unpacked)
  4. Next boot your phone in recovery mode (turn it off, then press volume down + home + power button)
  5. Connect your phone to your pc (after that odin should recognize your phone)
  6. Now make sure re-partition is NOT checked in odin !this is very important! and click start (now wait some time until its finished)
  7. Your phone should reboot automatic (if auto reboot is checked in odin) and the old firmware should be on your phone
  8. Now install towelroot and click "make it rain"
  9. Now you should have root! :laugh:

(Hope this helps. Sorry for my bad english... :crying: )

cacing32

Jul 8, 2014
Have you tried this tutorial?

How to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9301I

Hopes help.

w.png

Reactions: boembo2

rod555

Feb 27, 2007
milan
you propably updated to the new version of Kitkat 4.4.2.
The new update had the bandversion I9301IXXUANF4 for me (I updated too) (there is no possible way to root this version as far as i know)
But the not updated version of KitKat 4.4.2 (bandversion for me: I9301IXXUANC6) works with towelroot.

Beside i updated to the new update i still got my phone rooted:
  1. I downloaded the new version of Odin on my pc.
  2. I downloaded the old version from sammobile. (the I9301IXXUANC6 version)
  3. In Odin (launched with admin rights) you click on the PDA (or sometimes AP called) button and select the downloaded firmware version (unpacked)
  4. Next boot your phone in recovery mode (turn it off, then press volume down + home + power button)
  5. Connect your phone to your pc (after that odin should recognize your phone)
  6. Now make sure re-partition is NOT checked in odin !this is very important! and click start (now wait some time until its finished)
  7. Your phone should reboot automatic (if auto reboot is checked in odin) and the old firmware should be on your phone
  8. Now install towelroot and click "make it rain"
  9. Now you should have root! :laugh:

(Hope this helps. Sorry for my bad english... :crying: )
one billion of thanks! run perfectly [emoji106]

Sent from my GT-I9301I

Last edited:
Reactions: ViktorFoedowski

CostaGD

May 31, 2014
Well, I hope that there will be a root app for I9301IXXUANF4 soon.
I've got some bad memories of doing anything to my phone with ODIN. App is the only non-destructive way for me.
Does anyone know how much time developer needs to release his updated app after new version of Android?

McGyver dei poveri

Dec 15, 2013
in download mode do you have trace of knox?
i can't understand if it's only a software knox or a hardware one (efuse) like on the s4

you can enter in download mode by doing:
The phone must be turned off.
Keep pressing and holding ‘Home Button (middle button) + Volume down key + Power Button’ simultaneously until you see a warning message. Now press Volume Up to continue. This will land you into downloading mode.
If you read "knox warranty etc..." there is a hardware-efuse knox

asterix008

Sep 7, 2008
Bernau
Help

Hello the root worked. but I can not runterladen..kann the SU file a reinstellen here bitte..soory I can not speak English and write here about the google translator

Jun 13, 2014
Android Wear
Huawei Watch
Do you mean that you can downgrade, then root and then again apply the update installing the "F4" version of firmware?
Thanks

No I just wanted to say that I updated my phone to the "F4" version. And after I found that the updated version cannot be rooted I downgraded the phone and rooted it. I am still on the old "C6" version.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: riesdepies

Harzer30

Nov 17, 2013
Give it a try

No I just wanted to say that I updated my phone to the "F4" version. And after I found that the updated version cannot be rooted I downgraded the phone and rooted it. I am still on the old "C6" version.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hello,

i think we give it a try. Will there be root when you update again?

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
Only C6 can be rooted, and as far as I can see there are not that changes with ANF4 and the newer!
So if you really need follow the steps of some posts before!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 2.8.0.0 for S3 Neo ( GT-I9301I )

Hello guys, this is my first project for S3 Neo that i will represent you. It is TWRP recovery

Disclaimer : I am not responsible for any damage ! Flash on your own!

Installation:
    1st Method (Odin method)
    1. Download recovery.tar.md5 from HERE
    2. Download ODIN and Samsung USB drivers
    3. Boot device in download mode ( Vol down + home + power )
    4. Press volume up ( continue ) and connect phone with PC
    5. Make sure Odin recognizes your phone ( It shoudl write sth like 0:[COM11] in first box and turn it to yellow )
    6. Press PDA and navigate to recovery.tar.md5
    7. Make sure Re-partition is unchecked
    8. Press "Start" and wait few seconds
    9. Device will reboot and you will have TWRP recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power ) :)

2nd Method ( Terminal emulator - requires rooted device )
    1. Download recovery.img from HERE and transfer it to your phone ( i will use /sdcard but it is optional)
    2. Download Terminal Emulator from playstore
    3. Open Teminal emulator and type
    NOTE: It is VERY IMPORTANT to write this correctly because you are risking to hard brick your device if you mistype number, double check before pressing enter
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15
    or to be 100% sure you can write this, effect is same
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    Note: You can change path to recovery.img to your optional
    4. Now you have TWRP recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power ) :)

3rd method ( Flashable zip ) - Comming soon!

Enjoy! ;)
    Thanks for help:
    @AntaresOne

More coming soon ....
    For some reason efs is not mounted on CM. If i solve that RIL should work. Already found what is wrong with wifi ( along efs thing ). BT is also just efs problem. Soon we will have alpha build...
    Not all. I already solved efs issue. Now i have to fix booting with libsecnativefeature.so that fixes RIL. Without that blob jt boots but RIL not working. if you put it over booted rom, ril.works but after restart it enters to bootloop. I think error is related to audio so i am focused on that.. just be patient ;)
    things do not go fast for this smartphone?
    i almost finished sources. only kernel have to be updated now to latest codeaurora changes. then we will probably have working buid. after that bug tracking.. pribably few tiny bugs that can be fixed easily.