[RECOVERY] TWRP touch recovery v2.6.3.3

Search This thread

ranova

Jul 19, 2010
I just got the 64gb dev version. Tried flashing this recovery and it goes through, but when I try booting into recovery, it keeps booting to the actual phone.

I tried unlocking the bootloader (got the token and unlock code successfully) but it doesnt popup the screen when I flash it. This is probably because it should be already unlocked

Any suggestions?

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
I just got the 64gb dev version. Tried flashing this recovery and it goes through, but when I try booting into recovery, it keeps booting to the actual phone.

I tried unlocking the bootloader (got the token and unlock code successfully) but it doesnt popup the screen when I flash it. This is probably because it should be already unlocked

Any suggestions?

Yeah. It should be unlocked when you try to flash recovery. And after you flash it, does it say tampered on your fastboot screen on top? Flash until it does. Boot into fastboot with phone off completely also.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

ranova

Jul 19, 2010
Yeah. It should be unlocked when you try to flash recovery. And after you flash it, does it say tampered on your fastboot screen on top? Flash until it does. Boot into fastboot with phone off completely also.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

It just says *** UNLOCKED *** at the top left corner in the bootloader/fastboot even after i tried flashing it 10+ times so far, it just boots into the regular phone whenever i try to boot recovery

edit, just rebooted into recovery, finally works!

Last edited:

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
It just says *** UNLOCKED *** at the top left corner in the bootloader/fastboot even after i tried flashing it 10+ times so far, it just boots into the regular phone whenever i try to boot recovery

edit, just rebooted into recovery, finally works!

Same thing for me after I unlocked this morning. Must of flashed the recovery 6 times, but it wouldn't boot to recovery (nor did it show *Tampered*... i don't know what happened but all of a sudden Bootloader showed *Tampered* and I was able to get to recovery and root. So far so good :)

Of course the only ROM I've tried flashing freezes on the first screen of aroma, whether using hardware buttons or touch screen, but that's for another thread.. (i'm new 'round these parts, but from what I've read I'm not the only one with Aroma issues on this device)

IXIKelsonIXI

Oct 20, 2010
I think the trick to getting the recovery flash to stick is to make sure to go into Settings>Power>Disable "Fast boot". I remember this being an issue with previous HTC devices. Idk, I did that and the next time I booted into bootloader it said tampered and worked fine.

Reactions: bdoople

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
I think the trick to getting the recovery flash to stick is to make sure to go into Settings>Power>Disable "Fast boot". I remember this being an issue with previous HTC devices. Idk, I did that and the next time I booted into bootloader it said tampered and worked fine.

Yeah, this is the same problem I had today where I couldn't boot recovery with fast boot on.

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
i believe dumlock allows you to flash boot.img through recovery with an s-on bootloader, which has been necessary for previous htc s-on devices if you wanted that ability. As it turns out the one's current bootloader allows you to flash boot and radio imgs via recovery anyway..so dumlock shoulsnt be necessary

Someone please correct me if that's not right

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

anit77

Nov 23, 2008
Atlanta
i believe dumlock allows you to flash boot.img through recovery with an s-on bootloader, which has been necessary for previous htc s-on devices if you wanted that ability. As it turns out the one's current bootloader allows you to flash boot and radio imgs via recovery anyway..so dumlock shoulsnt be necessary

Someone please correct me if that's not right

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

That is correct. There is no need to use dumlock.
Several roms actually run a script that flash boot while the rom is flashing. TrickDroid does this.

fsufan1200

Dec 25, 2010
Fort Pierce, Fl
I'm kinda stuck after unlocking my bootloader!

I have my device in Fastboot plugged into my computer, but I can seem to type the correct command into the COmmand Prompt to make it flash the recovery.

Could someone please advise the the entire command prompt that I need to type?
Also, where should the TWRP file be on my computer so it can be read?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Matt

Nickel Dime Bay

Sep 29, 2010
Bay Area, CA
I'm kinda stuck after unlocking my bootloader!

I have my device in Fastboot plugged into my computer, but I can seem to type the correct command into the COmmand Prompt to make it flash the recovery.

Could someone please advise the the entire command prompt that I need to type?
Also, where should the TWRP file be on my computer so it can be read?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Matt

This guys guide gave me a better understanding, give em a thanks.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40047959#post40047959

Edit i keep getting an "unknown error when trying to flash any recovery. i have unlocked bootloader but it doesnt say tampered yet, everytime i try to flash a recovery in fastboot i get the error and then the phone freezes.

Last edited:

liquidxnitez

Jan 7, 2011
I'm new to this. I have a Developer Edition One. I installed GooManager and did the install openrecovery script.

I manually turn off the phone. Then hold the power button and vol down buttons to get into the boot menu.

Every time I hit Recovery, the phone will black out and then a minute later a red triangle with exclamation point above a phone shows up. It sits there for a while. I then reboot into the boot menu and try again.

What am I doing wrong? I have read that some guys previously did the rebooting multiple times and finally was able to get root. I think I may have done it over 10 times now with zero luck. My menu still says Unlocked and not Tampered.

Any help is appreciated.

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
I'm new to this. I have a Developer Edition One. I installed GooManager and did the install openrecovery script.

I manually turn off the phone. Then hold the power button and vol down buttons to get into the boot menu.

Every time I hit Recovery, the phone will black out and then a minute later a red triangle with exclamation point above a phone shows up. It sits there for a while. I then reboot into the boot menu and try again.

What am I doing wrong? I have read that some guys previously did the rebooting multiple times and finally was able to get root. I think I may have done it over 10 times now with zero luck. My menu still says Unlocked and not Tampered.

Any help is appreciated.

Doesn't sound like the recovery is being flashed. Does the command prompt say successful? Try flashing it about 5 times until the bootloader says tampered

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Key Features:
    • Ability to save custom recovery settings
    • Default partitions to back up
    • Default zip folder location
    • Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to ffolkes!)
    • Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps)
    • Zip Signature Verification
    • Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
    • Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
    • Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
    • Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
    • Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D's stock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
    • Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
    • Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
    • Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
    • Home - Main Menu
    • Menu - Advanced Menu
    • Back - Up a Menu Level
    • Search - Select Current Selection
    • Battery Level and Timestamp (Better safe than sorry)

HTC Dumlock Instructions:
    1. Install the build of TWRP using your method of choice, but you must actually flash TWRP to recovery. No fastboot booting it. We need it in recovery so that this build of TWRP will be flashed to your boot. This new build of TWRP has features in it to easily restore your original boot.
    2. Reboot into recovery.
    3. Make a backup of your phone.
    4. Tap Advanced.
    5. Tap HTC Dumlock. (If you don't see HTC Dumlock then you need to remove any custom TWRP theme that you might be using.)
    6. Tap Install HTC Dumlock. This will install the app and binaries needed to make everything work nicely.
    7. Reboot your device.
    8. Find and open the HTC Dumlock app.
    9. If/when prompted, give the app root (SuperUser) permissions.
    10. Tap the Execute HTC Dumlock button.
    11. Wait patiently for a couple of minutes. It takes a little while.
    12. If your device doesn't reboot automatically, reboot it manually. Reboot it normally. DO NOT reboot it to recovery.
    13. You should now be in your recovery, but your recovery is flashed into boot.
    14. Tap Advanced.
    15. Tap HTC Dumlock.
    16. Tap Restore Original Boot.
    17. Use your recovery like normal. Flash a new kernel. Restore a backup with a different kernel. Do whatever you please!
    • Consider donating!
    • Note, you must repeat steps 8 through 17 EVERY TIME you need to flash boot.

Installation:
    Unlock bootloader at http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/
    Make sure fastboot is unchecked in power options and turn phone completely off
    Boot into HBOOT then Fastboot
    From fastboot. Use command "fastboot erase cache"
    From fastboot. Use command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Video Tutorials:
    How To Unlock The Bootloader EASIEST Method - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0gzJdwCxX0
    How To ROOT EASIEST METHOD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KmsxO84UU

PC USB Mass Storage:
    You can't! :( http://teamw.in/DataMedia

Downloads:
    If rooted. You can flash using GooManager in the Play Store
    http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7/
    Hey I have a Att htc one. C am anyone tell me how to root it if possible? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Go unlock your bootloader. Then inside of TWRP it should detect that your not rooted and automatically root . If it doesn't prompt you. There are two links in the OP that you flash in recovery that will give you root.
    Do you have the stock recovery img?
    Nice job! This is really tempting me as I try to hold out for the Galaxy S4. Your making it very hard for me not to go buy this :angel:
    Nice job! This is really tempting me as I try to hold out for the Galaxy S4. Your making it very hard for me not to go buy this :angel:

Dude you know you have much love for HTC.
    come join us!
    This phone is what the One X was supposed to be. :)