[ROM] New! Aloysius 2.1.2 (6-29) | New Color & Clear Taskbar!! - OC/JIT - Snow Theme

Search This thread

Konikub

Jan 27, 2010
Woodbridge, VA
[ROM] New! Aloysius 2.1.2 (6-29) | New Color & Clear Taskbar!! - OC/JIT - Snow Theme

UPDATE - ALOYSIUS 2.1.2 - You Do Not Need To Wipe Coming From Aloysius 2.0.9! - YOU MIGHT SEE A SLIGHT INCREASE IN SIZE, BUT THAT IS THE CONSTANT COLORIZATION UPGRADING OF THE ROM...IT HAS BEEN OPTIMIZED TO THE FULLEST :)

This is my version of Aloysius 2.1 and I hope you all like it. For the most part I was waiting for the ability to OverClock, and thanks to Jus10o...this has come to pass :) With overclocking, and taking advantage of this amazing kernel Toast has bestowed upon us all....you can choose to run it as is.....with it being set to default at 710, or you can download "free" from the market Overclock Widget and place the kernel at the settings of your choice. You can also download SetCPU here.....thank you coolbho3000

aloysius84.jpg
aloysius85.jpg

Screenies courtousy of Elvesofdarkness - Thanks!

I am not done with Aloysius....I'm currently still working on more color menus and turning the HERO into some good sweet eye candy! I have also made a WHITE version of A2.1 - I am calling it Aloysius Snow
:)

**IMPORTANT** - For those who use alarms regularly, the "worldclock" app that comes with the ROM will not shutoff on the vanilla lockscreen. If you would like a working alarm....download this DeskClock.apk and push it to your phone. Adding DeskClock.apk broke FriendStream widget, and also the weather/clock widget on my homescreen. If anyone has any suggestions of apps out there that are great alarms, I'll be happy to put the best ones up here on the front page :)

IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING ISSUES WITH WIFI AND OR AUDIO ISSUES WITH THE LATEST VERSION....GO HERE AND FLASH THE FIX THAT IS FOR SPRINT BASED ROMS - Thank you Avalaunchmods and shahrukh817

UPDATES (06-29-10): This update is not a full ROM...it is a "FLASHABLE UPDATE"!!! Not too much has been updated other than the taskbar. The taskbar has received an amazing update after several members have told me their dislikes of the old taskbar...like the inverted signal indicator and such. After many days and countless hours of searching and in fact creating my own....I have come up with some newer, updated, more classy icons for our taskbar. I hope you like it! The next major update will be when a stable version of Froyo is presented to the Hero and I will be themeing that Aloysius style as well :):) (if there is a menu you would like to see in color for the next update, PM me and I'll do my best to get it in :))

UPDATES (06-1-10): Added AWD Launcher, Enable JIT (thanks to Damageless), Enabled Over Clocking (thanks to Jus10o), New Taskbar Icons, New Rosie Look, New White "Snow" Version, Full ROM Optimization, (if there is a menu you would like to see in color for the next update, PM me and I'll do my best to get it in :))

UPDATES (05-24-10): Vanilla LockScreen is Back (with no haptic - thanks of course to JsChiSurf ), Keyboard Fix, FriendStream Fix, New Taskbar Icons, Color Menu's Throughout The ROM.....Menu Menu, Browser, Mail Menu, Helix, Menu, Messages Menu, Camera Menu, Photo Album Menu, HTC Music Menu, Android Music Menu, AOSP Phone Menu, HTC Contacts Menu, Calendar Menu, DeskClock Menu, and World Clock Menu (if there is a menu you would like to see in color for Aloysius 2.1, PM me and I'll do my best to get it in for the next big update :))

Here we go guys!!!!! ALOYSIUS ROM 2.1 (pronounced "as always" aloe-wish-ous). This is a custom built ROM, based from our latest and greatest ROM from Damageless. In the past month, I have received quite a few requests to do a 2.1 version of A1.0, and recently a number of requests for the Rosie I just mod'ed. So, I am pleased to announce the rebirth of my very first mishmash. It's A1.0 with a facelift, a tummy tuck, nose job, and totally new parents...lol. ALOYSIUS 2.1

It is a complete, "tweaked and Mod'ed to fit my needs" version of Damage Control. I am presenting Aloysius with my fellow peers in the mere chance that there are others who share my needs and wants, in a Mod'ed ROM.

My "must have" fade in/out screen transitions are included in this ROM....just go into Menu > Settings > Sound & Display >
> Animation > and check, All Animation!!!

It sports "add ons" Darch's AOSP Email Client "pop-server email" as well as Gmail.

I put together a custom Rosie I am calling KoniRosie. I also put together a Themed Taskbar and Themed Power Control Widget!

...and there is 100% no haptic feedback in the custom "raised button" dialer included! Facebook syncs wonderfully!!!

Thanks to thank:

Damageless (for such a great base and finding out how to get things to work)
Treve (for assisting D in everyway possible to put out a first class product)
Flipz (for the color slider on the mail app)
coolbho3000 (for letting XDA'ers have access to your amazing work)
Toast (for the OC GoDmOdE Kernel)
Jus10o (for making the kernel accessable)
JsChiSurf (for finding out how to take out haptic feedback when we dial!)
Avalaunchmods + TrevE (for the audio fix)
mssmision (for sharing "LWP & Sense" with the world!)
Spencer_Moore (for porting this ROM over to the Eris forum for others to enjoy!!!!)
networx2002, DanWalker, and stricklerjosh (for helping me test drive this ROM)

Special thanks to regaw_leinad for helping a brother out, and getting us all VVM working on this ROM.......along with optimizing the heck out of it :D:D

...and to anyone else I may have forgotten, please PM me and I'll definitely give credit where credit is due!

I've done nothing but put a slew of goodness into one flashable package.

Aloysius 2.0 started out merely as what "I" want in a ROM...and has sinced turned into so much more than that!!! :) If you would like to use this Mod'ed ROM as well, and perhaps report back on possible issues....that would be awesome. Any help in finding fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what I have done to it:

1) Live Wallpaper Fix Included
2) Color Icons in DeskClock + All Over Phone by Konikub
3) Raised Button Dialer by Konikub
4) Themed Task Bar
5) Killer Nexus Boot Screen (Zenulator)
6) KoniRosie by Konikub
7) Fade in/out Transitions (Menu>Settings>Sound&Display>Animation>AllAnimation)
8) Custom Power Control Widget by Konikub
9) AOSP Calculator
10) FaceBook Widget
11) Clear News & Weather
12) Android Keyboard with Voice
13) Working FriendStream
14) New Lockscreen Look (by Konikub)
15) Latest Spare Parts
16) Colored World Clock (by Flipz and Konikub)
17) Auto Killer
18) Full Color People Slider by Flipz
19) Full Color Mail Slider by Flipz
20) Full Color Desk Clock Strip by Konikub
21) Color Menu by Konikub
22) Color AOSP Dialer
23) Helix Launcher Included
24) AWD Launcher
25) Over Clocking and JIT Enabled
26) White Version

You MUST wipe before flashing if coming from another ROM!!!!!!!!

This will take a long time to load.....just wait and be patient, there are a few fixes that are being implimented. Go off and do something and be back in ten mins or so :) It will sit on the black HTC screen for about 6 mins, then go to the boot animation for another 5 mins....then you'll see the set up wizard!

To get the fastest possible ROM…..set Auto Killer to Moderate or Aggressive, and set SpareParts “window animations” and “transitions animations” to FAST. - FOR YOU OC'ing USERS....Do not use AutoKiller, as it will cause conficts!
I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do :)

aloysius69.jpg
aloysius86.jpg
aloysius80.jpg
aloysius02.jpg
aloysius51.jpg
aloysius56.jpg

aloysius73.jpg
aloysius74.jpg
aloysius75.jpg
aloysius26.jpg
aloysius27.jpg
aloysius38.jpg

aloysius58.jpg
aloysius36.jpg
aloysius59.jpg
aloysius43.jpg
aloysius44.jpg
aloysius71.jpg

aloysius63.jpg
aloysius62.jpg
aloysius57.jpg
aloysius81.jpg
aloysius83.jpg
aloysius82.jpg

(6-29-10 Flashable Update) - AloysiusPureHeroUpdate.zip-Signed ----> ORIGINAL ALOYSIUS & PURE HERO!!!

(6-29-10 Flashable Update) - AloysiusClearHeroUpdate.zip-Signed ----> CLEAR TASKBAR

(6-29-10 Flashable Update) - AloysiusHeroSnowUpdate.zip-Signed ----> SNOW VERSION

THESE UPDATES HAVE NO GPS ICON WHEN NOT IN USE....AND THE OLD ALARM CLOCK ICON :):)

(6-29-10 Flashable Update) - AloysiusPureHeroUpdate.zip-Signed ----> ORIGINAL ALOYSIUS & PURE HERO!!!

(6-29-10 Flashable Update) - AloysiusClearHeroUpdate.zip-Signed ----> CLEAR TASKBAR

(6-29-10 Flashable Update) - AloysiusHeroSnowUpdate.zip-Signed ----> SNOW VERSION

THIS ONE IS FOR CLEAR THEMES THAT HAVE A LIGHT TO WHITE WALLPAPER AND WOULD LIKE THE CLOCK IN BLACK AND NOT WHITE :)

(6-29-10 Flashable Update) - AloysiusClearHeroBlackTextUpdate.zip-Signed ----> CLEAR TASKBAR WITH CLOCK IN BLACK TEXT

--------------------------------------------------------

I have made EIGHT versions this time.....lol. Including a white version!

Original ROM

Aloysius-2.1_Maps ----> Maps Work

Aloysius-2.1_Maps ----> Maps Work MIRROR

---------------------------------------------------------

Aloysius-2.1_MOC ----> Maps Work and OverClocked

Aloysius-2.1_MOC ----> Maps Work and OverClocked MIRROR

---------------------------------------------------------

Aloysius-2.1_Lwp ----> Lwp Works

Aloysius-2.1_Lwp ----> Lwp Works MIRROR

Aloysius-2.1_LOC ----> Lwp Works and OverClocked

Aloysius-2.1_LOC ----> Lwp Works and OverClocked MIRROR

Aloysius Snow ROM

Aloysius-2.1_Snow ----> Snow Maps Edition

Aloysius-2.1_Snow ----> Snow Maps Edition MIRROR

Aloysius-2.1_SnowOC ----> Snow Maps Edition OverClocked

Aloysius-2.1_SnowOC ----> Snow Maps Edition OverClocked MIRROR

Aloysius-2.1LWP_Snow ----> Snow Lwp Edition

Aloysius-2.1LWP_Snow ----> Snow Lwp Edition MIRROR

Aloysius-2.1LWP_SnowOC----> Snow Lwp Edition OverClocked

Aloysius-2.1LWP_SnowOC----> Snow Lwp Edition OverClocked MIRROR

ALOYSIUS SNOW STATUSBAR TEXT FIX - AloysiusSnowTextFix.zip

2G - IN CALL LOCKSCREEN FIX - 2G-LockScreenFix.zip

2G - IN CALL LOCKSCREEN FIX SNOW - Snow2G-LockScreenFix.zip

Enjoy! :)

For "Non-Sprint" users only (Cellular South)

After flashing this ROM.....

First change the DSA:
1) From the phone menu dial ##3282#
2) Then from the two options choose EDIT Mode
3) It will ask for a Password etnter 000000 (six zeros)
4) Three options will pop up
5) Choose Data Profile
6) Scroll all the way to the end where it says DSA Server URL
7) Tap on it and change it to just https://
8) Press Menu and commit changes, it will say No item changed (its ok, it is changed)
9) Press back till you get to the Phone
10) Now type *288 and let it finish it will say it needs to reboot
11) Let it reboot and all should be fine

I have tried and can confirm on my phone Data and Data while roaming works perfectly - uraganone

- Thank you uraganone

Last edited:

Konikub

Jan 27, 2010
Woodbridge, VA
Peace and Chicken Grease!

ADD ONS

I am going to post themes and apk's, that are flashable as well as pushable into ROMS via adb. I have been getting requests on how to theme this ROM and to place different features in certain ROM versions into others. Here is an "ongoing" collection of those requests:

xgfz92.png
ilkbop.png
15xwoar.gif

Flashable PreXperiaX Theme by pseudoremora ----> PreXperia-signed.zip (Link to Thread)

android-keyboard-mic.jpg

Flashable Signed Keyboard ----> VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.zip (then long hold on the input field and change your text input to this android keyboard)

SIMPLE "HOW TO" PUSH VIA ADB

Below are pushable apk's you may be looking for. I've gotten a few questions on how to push these to your phone via adb....here is a quick run down of the procedure, and if anyone has anything to add to this "PM" me and I'll add it.

1) Choose the client apk you wish to push to your phone, and download it.
2) Move that file to your C:\android-sdk-windows\tools folder
3) Plug your phone into your computer via USB cable and set to "Charge Only"
4) Press the "Start" button on your computer, and in the search box type cmd - then hit enter (a little black box should pop up).
5) Copy and paste this as your first command cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools - hit enter.
6) Then this command next adb remount - then hit enter.
7) Then this command adb push xxxxx.apk /system/app/ - then hit enter.
8) Then this command exit

Obviously xxxx is going to be replaced with what ever .apk you are looking to push :)

Sometimes you may need to reboot to see the effect take place, as it is with a lockscreen, but not all. Keep in mind, a reboot is any devices best friend :)

SIMPLE "HOW TO" REMOVE VIA ADB

1) Plug your phone into your computer via USB cable and set to "Charge Only"
2) Press the "Start" button on your computer, and in the search box type cmd - then hit enter (a little black box should pop up).
3) Copy and paste this as your first command cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools - hit enter.
4) Then this command next adb remount - then hit enter.
5) Then this command adb shell (you will see a # pop up in the next line)
6) Then this command rm /system/app/xxxx.apk - then hit enter.
8) Then this command exit

Obviously xxxx is going to be replaced with what ever .apk you are looking to remove :)

PUSHABLE APK'S

aloysius65.jpg

VERTICAL LOCKSCREEN BY KONI ----> HtcLockScreen.apk

aloysius44.jpg

AOSP DIALER ----> Contacts.apk

aloysius47.jpg

AOSP EMAIL CLIENT ----> Email.apk

aloysius35.jpg

CLEAR NEWS AND WEATHER ----> GenieWidgetClear.apk

OPENGL UNDO - WEATHER ANIMATION FIX ----> Flipz had created an “UNDO” patch for anyone that decides they don’t want this OpenGL fix for any reason — This undo will put weather animations back on and will revert OpenGL back to ours. It will still leave you with the LWP-abled Rosie though.

I have decided to place a link to his website, so you can visit and do some reading!!!! He has a lot of good stuff to say and as they always say....knowledge is power. Scroll down on his website to find the "UNDO" patch :)
GEEKFOR.ME

Last edited:

Konikub

Jan 27, 2010
Woodbridge, VA
Ohh yeah Android KB, I m the first trying this.

Hey do you know if Gvoice works on this?

Can you make ASOP Dialer as well?

I haven't tried Gvoice....I'm sure it would work on this, as it's the same sprint build that most others are running. As for the AOSP dialer, I have gotten it to work, just when you hit the phone button in the rosie it goes directly to contacts....then you have to hit the dialer 'tab' above. But for some odd reason when you go into your app drawer and hit the phone app...it goes straight to the dialer.

I will look further into this as it is my FAVE dialer too!

Kykiskly

Jan 7, 2009
New York City
I haven't tried Gvoice....I'm sure it would work on this, as it's the same sprint build that most others are running. As for the AOSP dialer, I have gotten it to work, just when you hit the phone button in the rosie it goes directly to contacts....then you have to hit the dialer 'tab' above. But for some odd reason when you go into your app drawer and hit the phone app...it goes straight to the dialer.

I will look further into this as it is my FAVE dialer too!

Plzz Plzz, make it work. It is my fav Dialer as well. All is well organize there.

I am flashing right now. I will let you know about Gvoice.

What can you tell about protected apps in the market.apk?

--_Edit----

Woww 10+ on the reversing Nexus boot screen- sick as hell

Last edited:

redram38

Nov 10, 2009
I wiped and flashed, got through the boot screen then HTC white screen comes up, then superuser permission comes up I select allow always and it goes back to the HTC white screen and has been there for 5 minutes. It is strange because when the lock screen shows I can see the top taskbar and I was able to hold down the red power off button and was able to power down. I turned back on and the same thing is happening, just sits at the HTC screen

Last edited:

Konikub

Jan 27, 2010
Woodbridge, VA
I wiped and flashed, got through the boot screen then HTC white screen comes up, then superuser permission comes up I select allow always and it goes back to the HTC white screen and has been there for 5 minutes.

yes it takes quite awhile...but it will come up and come up nicely. You have to set up your google account through gmail or the market. It does not ask you in the set up.

Give it time....it come up, that white screen is the longest screen!

**EDIT** Yes you'll see the lockscreen is sitting there, but all the fixes are taking place and it a long boot time.....but I promise it's only the first time that is 'forever'.....a reboot is normal time :)

Kykiskly

Jan 7, 2009
New York City
I wiped and flashed, got through the boot screen then HTC white screen comes up, then superuser permission comes up I select allow always and it goes back to the HTC white screen and has been there for 5 minutes. It is strange because when the lock screen shows I can see the top taskbar and I was able to hold down the red power off button and was able to power down. I turned back on and the same thing is happening, just sits at the HTC screen

It happened to me. Just let it sit. I got tru the HTC White screen :)

Nice - Just received my Extended 3200 mAh battery, what else can go right today :D

VinceOB

Jul 31, 2009
Awwww, I lit your candle. LOL :D By the way Tony, (Hopefully thats your name) LOL I found a way to remove your name in the inbox in the right hand corner. Thats of course if you're using Gmail. :)

Konikub

Jan 27, 2010
Woodbridge, VA
It happened to me. Just let it sit. I got tru the HTC White screen :)

Nice - Just received my Extended 3200 mAh battery, what else can go right today :D

I am uploading the version with the AOSP Dialer.....it's going to be a different version. Just flash over the one you have if you are still sporting A2.0 :D

You being a verteran of Darch's AOSP, I know you know your way around that dialer quite well :p;):p

BOOGIE_BOTZ

Apr 13, 2010
Any issues with facebook syncing into contacts? That's one of my main turn offs cuz some ROMs take forever and a day to sync them all lol. Def gonna give it a spin later today.

Kykiskly

Jan 7, 2009
New York City
I am uploading the version with the AOSP Dialer.....it's going to be a different version. Just flash over the one you have if you are still sporting A2.0 :D

You being a verteran of Darch's AOSP, I know you know your way around that dialer quite well :p;):p

Ohh man, this ROM is flawless, Gezz it is soooo fast, havent got so hyper with my phone in such a long time, I think since Darchdroid came out.

Thanks Man, Im F5ing my webpage to see your post ASOP Dialer :D

Edit= Wanted to say that I went to change my Ringtone and saw this repeating name bug - like it was repeating the same ringtone, ummm maybe it is my phone. I will try to post a screenshot in a few :)

Last edited:

Sirithe

Jan 24, 2010
Before I download and flash, is this running Sense or Home? And does the stock alarm work or will I have to download one off the market?

Konikub

Jan 27, 2010
Woodbridge, VA
Any issues with facebook syncing into contacts? That's one of my main turn offs cuz some ROMs take forever and a day to sync them all lol. Def gonna give it a spin later today.

I was told by networx2002, who tested this ROM a bit for me....that this ROM does sync with FaceBook and "quite fast" he added :)

While waiting for it to boot thought I would ask. Does this use aps2sd

This is built off of ZenHero....and I do not believe that Zen made that ability possible. I do not use app2sd, so did not include it myself, sorry.

BOOGIE_BOTZ

Apr 13, 2010
last noob question since i am new to the rooted world, is this based off of a 2.0 update or a 2.1? im guessing 2.0 since it says "Aloysius 2.0?"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I get the same thing when trying to install the APPS2SD version. I also wiped everything.

OH I AM IN SOOOO MUCH TROUBLE....lol!!!! I uploaded the unsigned version....don't worry, it did no harm to your phone...it just will not flash.

I am UPLOADING the "signed" version now. I tryed flashing it and it errored too....then I looked just a bit deeper and BAM....unsigned :eek:

Sorry guys for wasting your download time.....I'll let you know when it is up, matter of mins!!! :)
    i think he's talkin about when you use google nav it shows the blue arrow in the taskbar

mine only shows up when i have GPS lock so that may be what's going on.

Ah....well I never took anything out from one version to the next, aside from changing somethings from black to blue :)