By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th September 2019, 08:41 PM |#19851  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm searching for a new phone.
It should have a SD card slot.
Max price should be around ~350€.
It should have a decent camera and battery (4000mAh and/or over 7h screen on time)
Currently I'm interested in the Realme Q and the Redmi Note 8 Pro.
But it would take the Realme, because it has a better camera.
What do you think? What phones could you suggest me?
21st September 2019, 01:03 AM |#19852  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Hitzkopf_

It should have a decent camera and battery (4000mAh and/or over 7h screen on time)

Go for the Xiaomi mi9t. It has all you described but SD card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop98

I am in the market for a new phone soon. I currently have an OG Google Pixel. I have several needs for any new device.

1. Rooting capability. I still have an old grandfathered Verizon plan where I do not get throttled for any amount of data usage, however hotspot capability is cut unless I fork over an extra $40 a month. Rooting to bypass this restriction is crucial.

2. I would strongly prefer not to pay a grand or more for a device, so would like to find something for a reasonable cost, around $500 at max.

3. Storage space is a huge issue. My Pixel has 128 Gb of space and I would never again accept less than that. U love the fact I don't have to delete any apps and have yet to even need to remove the many pictures I have taken, and I still have room for more.

4. A reasonably good camera. I take a lot of pictures with my child and will continue to do so. The Pixel camera has spoiled me into needing a phone with good photo capability to capture anything I see on a moment's notice.

The usual suspects: oneplus 7, xiaomi mi9t pro (and you can save a couple of bucks), or maybe a Samsung S9.

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk
21st September 2019, 09:23 AM |#19853  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

If i remember correctly, the xiaomi t9 (k20) pro has a better camera than the realme q and redmi note 8 pro, and is in the same price range. Also has an oled display if that's your thing. Definitely eorth checking out. T9 is the international rebrand of the k20, they are essentially the same phone.
21st September 2019, 10:54 AM |#19854  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman92

If i remember correctly, the xiaomi t9 (k20) pro has a better camera than the realme q and redmi note 8 pro, and is in the same price range. Also has an oled display if that's your thing. Definitely eorth checking out. T9 is the international rebrand of the k20, they are essentially the same phone.

It would be the perfect phone, if it had a SD card slot

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

[QUOTE=juanq214;80286889]Go for the Xiaomi mi9t. It has all you described but SD card.

That's the only reason I won't buy it
21st September 2019, 10:57 AM |#19855  

More
[QUOTE=_Hitzkopf_;80290055]It would be the perfect phone, if it had a SD card slot

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanq214

Go for Xiaomi redmi note 8 then. Sadly the tendency in the market is for SD card slot to dissappear.

21st September 2019, 12:57 PM |#19856  

More
[QUOTE=_Hitzkopf_;80290055]It would be the perfect phone, if it had a SD card slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanq214

If it is solely about capacity, there is a 256GB version of the 9T/K20. Otherwise i'd still take the redmi note 8pro over the realme.
sidenote: All those phones support USB OTG as well.
21st September 2019, 01:26 PM |#19857  

More
[QUOTE=Burningman92;80291145]
Quote:

It would be the perfect phone, if it had a SD card slot

If it is solely about capacity, there is a 256GB version of the 9T/K20. Otherwise i'd still take the redmi note 8pro over the realme.
sidenote: All those phones support USB OTG as well.

I wouldn't bet for the Note 8 pro. It comes with Helio chip, which means slow updates, plus it has been reported to heat up easily. Rather take the Note 8 which comes with Snapdragon

21st September 2019, 01:36 PM |#19858  

More
[QUOTE=juanq214;80291431]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman92

I wouldn't bet for the Note 8 pro. It comes with Helio chip, which means slow updates, plus it has been reported to heat up easily. Rather take the Note 8 which comes with Snapdragon

The heating issues of the new heliochip have been blown out of proportions before the phone even came out. Under a heavy load (say, pubg on max settings for quite a while), it surely heats up (a little hotter than similar priced phones) but surely not to problematic degrees. Normal daily use should not heat up the phone much at all. There are plenty of reviews and videos online specifically directed at this issue.
Xiaomi has also released the kernel sources for the chip (only touchscreen firmware still missing last i checked), and that's a big step in the right direction for both xiaomi and heliotek.
the note 8 (non pro) isn't a bad phone at all of course, and certainly worth considering.
the pro has a bigger battery (but more drain, and leads to approx. the same battery life), better cameras and a better resolution. It depends if that is worth the price difference to you.

{addition}
It seems all the kernel sources for the redmi note 8 chip have also been released.
https://www.xda-developers.com/redmi...ces-available/
25th September 2019, 03:17 PM |#19859  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hi there,

I'm on Lenovo P2 for I think 3 years now running Lineage 16 rooted etc. I love the support this phone gets from the community and the massive 5k battery, but the SoC is feeling kinda slow in modern days and I would like more features like high refresh rate screen etc. - something so it would feel fresh, but I would prefer notches instead of a popup camera. I was thinking about getting the ROG phone 2 for about 600$, it has all the features I would like (most noticeably 120hz screen and massive 6k battery), do you think it will be a good choice? Would you rather get that or wait for the one plus 7t? The only thing holding me back from getting the ROG is mediocre camera and I would prefer an all round good phone. Budget doesn't really matter, but iphones are not a consideration.
26th September 2019, 07:19 AM |#19860  
Flag Puerto Princesa City
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamentxthe

Hi there,

I'm on Lenovo P2 for I think 3 years now running Lineage 16 rooted etc. I love the support this phone gets from the community and the massive 5k battery, but the SoC is feeling kinda slow in modern days and I would like more features like high refresh rate screen etc. - something so it would feel fresh, but I would prefer notches instead of a popup camera. I was thinking about getting the ROG phone 2 for about 600$, it has all the features I would like (most noticeably 120hz screen and massive 6k battery), do you think it will be a good choice? Would you rather get that or wait for the one plus 7t? The only thing holding me back from getting the ROG is mediocre camera and I would prefer an all round good phone. Budget doesn't really matter, but iphones are not a consideration.

Then wait for the 7T then. Or buy the Oneplue 7Pro

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
27th September 2019, 07:33 PM |#19861  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
If I can get a new OnePlus 7 Pro 6GB for the same price as the new OnePlus 7T 8GB (₹38k), which one would be better?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)