FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP/FRAMEWORK] NOGAPPS Project (NetworkLocation, MapsAPI, Blank Store)

496 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,274

By MaR-V-iN, Senior Member on 17th June 2012, 05:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2014, 12:43 AM |#701  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkwkwk

Hello,

My bank decided to update their app and introduce push notifications for some transactions and after the update, I'm greeted by "google play services is not installed, contact the manufacturer" and the app closes
Thankfully I had a nightly Titanium Backup which I restored but I may wish to update at some point the app.

Is there any way to fake the fact that google play services is actually installed? I'm using the nogapps-maps and blankstore and I'm extremely happy with it.

Thank you

Does the omnirom change that was mentioned just a few posts prior refer exactly to this? If so, I'll update just now as I'm running a nightly pushed last week.

Unfortunately it seems it doesn't. I upgraded to the latest nightly and I still get the message saying that the google services are missing.
23rd July 2014, 09:55 AM |#702  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

Originally Posted by FranktdfI

prepared a lacells.db without restrictions, i.e. with global data.

Its ok, i do not need any other versions, thanks.

I am using LocationService, an it work, if i have mobile data on. Now with the lacells.db i thought it will work also without mobile data? But i have no new location, after i went to next town and have mobile data out. Do I think wrong?

My Phone is a MotoG with CM11 and the freecyngn-script.
23rd July 2014, 09:49 PM |#703  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gueschmid

Its ok, i do not need any other versions, thanks.

I am using LocationService, an it work, if i have mobile data on. Now with the lacells.db i thought it will work also without mobile data? But i have no new location, after i went to next town and have mobile data out. Do I think wrong?

My Phone is a MotoG with CM11 and the freecyngn-script.

With this latest version of network location it does go online. I believe, the it checks also with the Apple location service and than is using the latest result as the most accurate one.
Maybe an older version (less than version 1.2) it does not go online, but it will not work wit this cell do which I created yesterday. You would need one of the files in the original post.

I also would prefer to have a offline only version of network location, the coming version of the new project has a plug-in system. here you wil be able to choose to get the needed data purely off-line from the database only. But that is not ready yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th July 2014, 12:07 PM |#704  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,274

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Unfortunately it seems it doesn't. I upgraded to the latest nightly and I still get the message saying that the google services are missing.

The patch is preliminary work for a future app that will fix the above. Can you mention which app you're using that causes this message?
The Following User Says Thank You to MaR-V-iN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaR-V-iN Ad-Free
28th July 2014, 12:14 PM |#705  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaR-V-iN

The patch is preliminary work for a future app that will fix the above. Can you mention which app you're using that causes this message?

Sure, it's: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....asb.asbmobile

It worked nicely until this version when they introduced push messages for some alerts. Now, it simply fails to start saying that I don't have google services framework (damn right I don't, why would I?)

Glad to hear it will be fixed at some point. I'm fine running the old version (TitaniumBackup nightly jobs, thank you) for the moment but looks like an ugly precedent for things to come..

I know that blankstore is discountinued but I'm using it quite often and one of the biggest annoyances is that it doesn't show the changelog (what's new) when an app is updated.

If it's not too much work, would you be so kind in adding this small feature? It would be greatly appreciated. Currently I have to visit play.google.com in a browser, search for the app and have a look at the changelog there

Thanks again for all your work.
28th July 2014, 11:50 PM |#706  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 829

More
Quote:

I know that blankstore is discountinued but I'm using it quite often and one of the biggest annoyances is that it doesn't show the changelog (what's new) when an app is updated.

If it's not too much work, would you be so kind in adding this small feature? It would be greatly appreciated. Currently I have to visit play.google.com in a browser, search for the app and have a look at the changelog there

Thanks again for all your work.

Yes, this is really annoying.

My solution meanwhile is install Blank Store like a normal app and login. Each time I try to install or update an app Blank Store make the download and crash when trying to install. That way I can go to .nogapps > blankstore > (app folder) and install manually. It's the only way to see permissions before installing new or updated apps.
28th July 2014, 11:52 PM |#707  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho_panzer

Yes, this is really annoying.

My solution meanwhile is install Blank Store like a normal app and login. Each time I try to install or update an app Blank Store make the download and crash when trying to install. That way I can go to .nogapps > blankstore > (app folder) and install manually. It's the only way to see permissions before installing new or updated apps.

Yes, it's a bit of a pain it doesn't show permissions but personally I'm not too worried about it as I have XPrivacy with interactive blocking by default so technically nothing should leak.
and I try to stay away from rogue apps as much as I can and keep only the minimum amount of apps installed.
29th July 2014, 04:59 AM |#708  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
A project like this grows more necessary by the day. Particularly during the past year play services seems to have turned into a tumor, growing around all the vital functions of my system, proving to be very difficult to remove without compromising such functions. Thank you very much for putting forth the effort towards what seems to be a very feasible solution.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsimpson1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bsimpson1 Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 05:51 PM |#709  
Thanks Meter: 1,841

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48024536
this might also interest anyone running CM or CMbased ROMs.
peace.

err on the side of kindness
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrrocketdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrrocketdog Ad-Free
30th July 2014, 12:16 AM |#710  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48024536
this might also interest anyone running CM or CMbased ROMs.
peace.

I really don't see why anyone would continue to use CM.

And those who do, probably flash gapps anyway so freecyg wouldn't make any sense.
30th July 2014, 12:52 AM |#711  
Thanks Meter: 1,841

More
Quote:

I really don't see why anyone would continue to use CM.

And those who do, probably flash gapps anyway so freecyg wouldn't make any sense.

your probably right.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
you are limited to 8 thanks per day

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)