FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,614

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2015, 08:44 PM |#17591  
Flag 【Gru Laboratories】
Thanks Meter: 286

More
Thumbs up
i use stock headset sansung gal Y (black color)
trying this app and combine DDC & Irs
and.... wow... Super sound i got now
24th March 2015, 05:18 AM |#17592  
Flag Venezuela
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Smile
Good night, a query .. In the zip file are 2 apk files, the question is should we install 2? or indifferent I have a Samsung GT-i9300 with Android 5.0.2 lollipop. Please if anyone has a recommended configuration. Thanks for your help and sorry for my english
24th March 2015, 05:24 AM |#17593  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,839

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato177

Good night, a query .. In the zip file are 2 apk files, the question is should we install 2? or indifferent I have a Samsung GT-i9300 with Android 5.0.2 lollipop. Please if anyone has a recommended configuration. Thanks for your help and sorry for my english

Install the 2xxx,apk for Gingerbread, the 4xxx.apk for JB, KK, LP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
24th March 2015, 06:33 PM |#17594  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Question Viper4android doesn't work on LG G3 lollipop
First I rooted my phone, than installed viper as a normal app. The app installed but it gave no sound effect. Than I changed SElinux to permissive and tried to install viper as a system app. But I think /system/app is changed in 5.0 as I don't see apk's there but folders with apk files (see screenshot). Moving ViPER4Android_FX_A4.x.apk there doesn't work (it actually moves but nothing happens). How can I get viper working on Android lollipop on the LG G3?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	system.jpg
Views:	1248
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	3227096  
24th March 2015, 08:20 PM |#17595  
Can someone explain what have I done wrong here:

Installed Viper4Android on CM 12 (5.0.2)
Switched off NuPlayer
Changed to Permissive
Opened V4A and configured everything
Sound is processed when playing via Play Music and CMEleven but NOT Spotify.

Advice please
24th March 2015, 09:11 PM |#17596  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Canton, OH
Thanks Meter: 8,018

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngr.hd

Can someone explain what have I done wrong here:

Installed Viper4Android on CM 12 (5.0.2)
Switched off NuPlayer
Changed to Permissive
Opened V4A and configured everything
Sound is processed when playing via Play Music and CMEleven but NOT Spotify.

Advice please

You need a compatibility patch for it to work with Spotify and other streaming services; see this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=17308 I don't know if this universal fix will work for a G3 or not, give it a shot. If it does not work, a working audio_policy.conf from a G3 ROM that has Viper4Android fully enabled will suffice -you just need to extract the audio_policy.conf from /etc in the ROM in which it is working, save it to your sd card, and then when you're back on CM 12, rename your current audio_policy.conf in /etc to audio_policy.bak and then replace it in with the one you saved to your sd card. Set permissions to match folder (rw r r) and reboot. You now have V4A working in Spotify. Universal fix is easier so try that first, but if it doesn't work the second method definitely should. Hope that helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrongway213 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wrongway213 Ad-Free
24th March 2015, 09:18 PM |#17597  
Flag Fishers
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongway213

You need a compatibility patch for it to work with Spotify and other streaming services; see this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=17308 I don't know if this universal fix will work for a G3 or not, give it a shot. If it does not work, a working audio_policy.conf from a G3 ROM that has Viper4Android fully enabled will suffice -you just need to extract the audio_policy.conf from /etc in the ROM in which it is working, save it to your sd card, and then when you're back on CM 12, rename your current audio_policy.conf in /etc to audio_policy.bak and then replace it in with the one you saved to your sd card. Set permissions to match folder (rw r r) and reboot. You now have V4A working in Spotify. Universal fix is easier so try that first, but if it doesn't work the second method definitely should. Hope that helps.

This did NOT work on my AT&T G3 running their stock Lollipop. It completely kills all audio, even notifications and ringtones. Luckily I followed the directions correctly and backed up the old audio policy file.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
24th March 2015, 09:22 PM |#17598  
Thanks! Worked for Nexus 4!

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote:

Thanks! Worked for Nexus 4
24th March 2015, 09:31 PM |#17599  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Canton, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdj7969

This did NOT work on my AT&T G3 running their stock Lollipop. It completely kills all audio, even notifications and ringtones. Luckily I followed the directions correctly and backed up the old audio policy file.

The second suggestion did not work? I stated quite clearly the patch might not work. Did you attempt the second method I explained, extracting audio_policy.conf from a ROM in which V4A works fully? That's what I said should work for everyone, not the patch, can't imagine you had time to try the extraction method, fail at at it and post this response in the time since I posted it...
24th March 2015, 09:37 PM |#17600  
Flag Fishers
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Quote:

The second suggestion did not work? I stated quite clearly the patch might not work. Did you attempt the second method I explained, extracting audio_policy.conf from a ROM in which V4A works fully? That's what I said should work for everyone, not the patch, can't imagine you had time to try the extraction method, fail at at it and post this response in the time since I posted it...

I wasn't responding so much to you as I was confirming for the other person that it doesn't work with the G3. Viper just began working with Spotify all by itself so I have no further need to tinker with anything. I was just letting him know that the first option does not work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pdj7969 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pdj7969 Ad-Free
24th March 2015, 09:40 PM |#17601  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Canton, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdj7969

I wasn't responding so much to you as I was confirming for the other person that it doesn't work with the G3. Viper just began working with Spotify all by itself so I have no further need to tinker with anything. I was just letting him know that the first option does not work.

Appreciate the clarification. I had the exact same experience on Nexus 6 about it killing all sound, precisely why I came up with that second method.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)