TWRP 3.2.1 with working decryption

Search This thread

nialv7

May 31, 2015
The old TWRP 3.1.1 image made by @eagleeyetom no longer works after I upgraded to Oreo. So I put in sometime and figured out how to fix that myself. Turns out it's easier than I thought!

Note I have only tested this with OmniRom 8.1, YMMV with a different android version.

Thanks the mods for moving this thread here.

DOWNLOAD

Update: Fixed some missing utilities (e.g. unzip). The default configuration file is the worst!

Last edited:

eagleeyetom

Retired Senior Mod & DC Lead - Active Pole Dancer
Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
The old TWRP 3.1.1 image made by @eagleeyetom no longer works after I upgraded to Oreo. So I put in sometime and figured out how to fix that myself. Turns out it's easier than I thought!

Note I have only tested this with Oreo, YMMV with a different android version.

I have to post here because I "must have a higher post count in order to make a new thread in this development section". So maybe a mod can move it there?

DOWNLOAD

What did you do? I'm very curious since I couldn't find a way to fix it.

realtuxen

Jun 17, 2014
Thanks a lot! And well done.
Will verify and report back when my region gets released. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4819888

@oshmoun First time I tried it, it didn't work either. It boots, but it can't show anything on the screen. The screen will show the Sony logo. But if I touch the screen, the phone will vibrate.

Later I found a solution here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65220099&postcount=398

Can't seem to build twrp with your patch
Did you do anything regarding busybox and toybox?

EDIT: switched from toybox to busybox, twrp boots fine! thanks for the hints!

Last edited by a moderator:

bthek

Feb 18, 2011
Unfortunately does not work for me, stock Sony Oreo Firmware.
It will boot, but decryption fails at all

levone1

Dec 28, 2014

Unfortunately does not work for me, stock Sony Oreo Firmware.
It will boot, but decryption fails at all

Note I have only tested this with OmniRom 8.1, YMMV with a different android version.

DOWNLOAD

Update: Fixed some missing utilities (e.g. unzip). The default configuration file is the worst!
Maybe need to change the thread title, or maybe someone can explain how to make it work...

eymentuna

Jun 3, 2014
Osmaniye
X compact oreo PRFCreator

what is the problem. ?

DSC_0004.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DOWNLOAD

Could you tell me/point me to where I can read how to install a custom rom without a custom recovery?

Another thing, in TWRP there is the possibility to format data. It says that this should remove encryption. Won't this take care of my decryption problem?

First you must understand that custom recovery is like a small independent operating system. Instead of booting kernel of your Rom, you boot recovery. You need custom recovery to flash anything else as stock, because stock recovery will only flash signed stock images and patches.

TWRP custom recovery does not currently decrypt DATA on Oreo. But you can format (wipe) DATA. It will however remove all your data... But of you have checked option to disable force-encryption while creating your boot.img the new DATA will not be encrypted, unless you manually do it in Security settings in Oreo. Normally all Nougat and Oreo DATA is encrypted by default no matter you want it or not.
    Thanks for working on TWRP for XCompact.

Do the people who are proficient in building and maintaining a working TWRP mind bringing this to the official TWRP platform? Most steps to become a TWRP maintainer seem to be accomplished https://twrp.me/faq/OfficialMaintainer.html

Currently one needs to read long confusing forum threads to find out if something works, and even if yes it needs to be downloaded from someone who dropped the binary on some arbitrary file hoster. A bit of more official appearance would be great, eases the steps a user has to follow and is a bit less scary ;)
    @oshmoun First time I tried it, it didn't work either. It boots, but it can't show anything on the screen. The screen will show the Sony logo. But if I touch the screen, the phone will vibrate.

Later I found a solution here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65220099&postcount=398