FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,610

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2018, 11:00 AM |#27121  
Flag Hornbæk
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samccfl99

Thanks for the reply. Do you think it would work with SuperSU? I never ever want a rotten apple...LOL.

I have to say also that there is a rom out there that supposedly has viper for my phone. Not nearly as good as S-Rom. Have not tried it though. Maybe I should....

By the way.
About SuperSU them i think you shall read here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...452703/page222
8th March 2018, 01:41 PM |#27122  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
will it work on nougat 7.1.2 ,,,,if not how to make it work...........
also can i install this and dolby together[COLOR="Silver"]
9th March 2018, 07:42 PM |#27123  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
What is irs ,should I use it?
9th March 2018, 08:03 PM |#27124  
Thanks Meter: 6,022

More
Use if you want.
IRS. Best google wiki.
Sound profile like theater hall studio amps etc etc
10th March 2018, 02:27 AM |#27125  
Flag COCONUT CREEK, FL
Thanks Meter: 422

More
Hi, sorry to be back here. So I could not get Viper to install the driver on my SM-935-F using Superman rom and Magisk. I then went back to stock and rooted with SU. It is Enforcing with stock. The custom rom kernels were permissive. Tried both the 2.5.0.5 without and with the fix. With the I/O fix apk, it did ask to install the driver and then to reboot, but driver still not installed and always asks to install and reboot everytime. I have had viper on my S5 for almost 4 years with the older version. So we cannot have Viper in N? Sometimes I really hate Googley and Shamsung. This is not progress. They killed great Dev off after LP...Sad...LOL. This is strange because some people on the custom rom have been able to get it to work using Magisk. IDK. Is there a solution or do I have to flash MM and use the older version (I don't mind)? I cannot live without viper. This should not be rocket science!

Are there alternatives? Anyone? Thanks in advance...
11th March 2018, 10:03 PM |#27126  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Here's my sound profile, check it out & tell what can be done better.
12th March 2018, 09:22 AM |#27127  

More
Used this before, but did a clean system install to fix bugs and now: drive installed, reboot and after reboot says no driver installed. Help
Using the Nougat fix apk
12th March 2018, 06:41 PM |#27128  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

Hi, sorry to be back here. So I could not get Viper to install the driver on my SM-935-F using Superman rom and Magisk. I then went back to stock and rooted with SU. It is Enforcing with stock. The custom rom kernels were permissive. Tried both the 2.5.0.5 without and with the fix. With the I/O fix apk, it did ask to install the driver and then to reboot, but driver still not installed and always asks to install and reboot everytime. I have had viper on my S5 for almost 4 years with the older version. So we cannot have Viper in N? Sometimes I really hate Googley and Shamsung. This is not progress. They killed great Dev off after LP...Sad...LOL. This is strange because some people on the custom rom have been able to get it to work using Magisk. IDK. Is there a solution or do I have to flash MM and use the older version (I don't mind)? I cannot live without viper. This should not be rocket science!

Are there alternatives? Anyone? Thanks in advance...

V4a requires busybox, have you got that installed as well? I am using an s7 edge and v4a works fine for the majority of music apps however for me doesnt work on spotify or google play music, i am working on a solution to fix.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
12th March 2018, 07:30 PM |#27129  
Flag COCONUT CREEK, FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjb

V4a requires busybox, have you got that installed as well? I am using an s7 edge and v4a works fine for the majority of music apps however for me doesnt work on spotify or google play music, i am working on a solution to fix.
Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the response. BusyBox gets installed by the Superman Rom, but I have even installed another copy myself. I know people in the rom thread personally that say it works fine. I always get in the Driver Enabled=No and Processing=No, but Neon=Yes. It does not ask to install the driver. Also there is some question about this Audio_effects.conf file. I have tried thru Magisk and thru the external zip in this thread and others. It is totally frustrating, and I know Android can be. Too bad they keep screwing with every version and security update on the OS. Works fine for over 3 years in my rooted 5.0 S5 using PowerAmp, Sirius and my Tivo. It did not work on Stock rooted N either. I was going to install the MM version of the rom to see. Anyway, if you have any other suggestions, I will surely try them. This should not be rocket science...LOL.

Thanks again!
12th March 2018, 07:58 PM |#27130  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchick

Used this before, but did a clean system install to fix bugs and now: drive installed, reboot and after reboot says no driver installed. Help
Using the Nougat fix apk

Found the way for me after many tries. All it needed was making it a system app

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote:

Thank you for the response. BusyBox gets installed by the Superman Rom, but I have even installed another copy myself. I know people in the rom thread personally that say it works fine. I always get in the Driver Enabled=No and Processing=No, but Neon=Yes. It does not ask to install the driver. Also there is some question about this Audio_effects.conf file. I have tried thru Magisk and thru the external zip in this thread and others. It is totally frustrating, and I know Android can be. Too bad they keep screwing with every version and security update on the OS. Works fine for over 3 years in my rooted 5.0 S5 using PowerAmp, Sirius and my Tivo. It did not work on Stock rooted N either. I was going to install the MM version of the rom to see. Anyway, if you have any other suggestions, I will surely try them. This should not be rocket science...LOL.

Thanks again!

Sure you have a configuration done and the master switch is on? I have: when the master power is on then it is enabled. Processing is yes when it has a configuration on the output
13th March 2018, 12:29 AM |#27131  
Flag COCONUT CREEK, FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchick

Sure you have a configuration done and the master switch is on? I have: when the master power is on then it is enabled. Processing is yes when it has a configuration on the output

I could have sworn I did that. I enabled the options and checked the driver and now it says Enabled=Yes, and it does seem to work! The Processing still says No. I just checked my S5 driver status (have not looked at it in years) and that is the old previous version for 4 thru MM AND it says No + No, but still works.

I do not care. It seems to be working now. Does Processing have to say yes? Android is strange and they keep screwing it up with every version and every security patch. Google is trying to control what it created a long time ago. I want my visual mods like 5.0 and before...LOL

THANKS!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)