FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,610

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th November 2018, 09:36 PM |#27621  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank you for the great job you are doing
30th November 2018, 05:28 AM |#27622  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzenyoo

Try to flash Audio Modification Library after viper. That worked for me on Oreo and pie.

Nope. It doesn't work. I'm guessing this issue is only happening with ms
30th November 2018, 06:55 AM |#27623  
Flag llanelli
Thanks Meter: 448

More
Oh my days this is straight up wrecking my head now i have tried ao many different ways so many different apks im at a loss i really am, it really is making me want to not upgrade to pie purely because i have to use viper its sound is just far more superior than crappy sound alive.

Sent from my BadBwoi-S9+ using XDA Labs
1st December 2018, 03:44 AM |#27624  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Great app, wish I had known to try it 4 years ago...

Just installed it on my VZW Note 4. Makes a huge difference in making my SE215's sound good.
2nd December 2018, 06:23 AM |#27625  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I'm having a strange issue and I'm going crazy, I'm using the LG V20 H990, Android 7.0, Dirty Santa Root, D.O.T.S Kernel 1.4 issue happens on multiple Viper versions from Material 2.6 to the Classical viper 2.5.0.5 and the same issue happens on JamesDSP even which means it's probably not a Viper issue but I have no idea what might be causing this and I'm not sure where to ask for help.

The driver is working fine in Spotify but it keeps working and stopping. When I'm on a song it's working fine when I change the song it stops (processing goes to no), then if I change a song again it starts working again and it keeps doing this (processing and not processing).

I already tried to install Viper through Magisk, flash as a zip even do a manual install, set kernel to permissive, use Audio Modification Library and Audio Compatibility Patch.

*fixed this part, not related to my issue probably*
Then later trying to fix this first issue now Viper is also failing to detect the drivers (drive installs then I reboot and it asks to install driver again).
Checking Viper's files it's installing the .so file with the effects and even alterning the audio_effect.conf (and all paths to the .so files seem fine) but somehow it can't detect the driver.
The only Viper version that kinda works for me is the Viper FX material design 2.6 but even then I have to use it on compatible mode which causes stutters at every song's start.
2nd December 2018, 01:18 PM |#27626  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Is this all right.. processing is( no) .. earlier it was yes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181202-174626.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	4656675  
2nd December 2018, 01:36 PM |#27627  
Thanks Meter: 6,021

More
Yes is correct if playing.
No is not working.
3rd December 2018, 03:50 AM |#27628  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,987

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrolite_XYZ

The driver is working fine in Spotify but it keeps working and stopping. When I'm on a song it's working fine when I change the song it stops (processing goes to no), then if I change a song again it starts working again and it keeps doing this (processing and not processing).

I already tried to install Viper through Magisk, flash as a zip even do a manual install, set kernel to permissive, use Audio Modification Library and Audio Compatibility Patch.

Then later trying to fix this first issue now Viper is also failing to detect the drivers (drive installs then I reboot and it asks to install driver again).

Checking Viper's files it's installing the .so file with the effects and even alterning the audio_effect.conf (and all paths to the .so files seem fine) but somehow it can't detect the driver.
The only Viper version that kinda works for me is the Viper FX material design 2.6 but even then I have to use it on compatible mode which causes stutters at every song's start.

Not a solution, but it may help diagnose the problem and hopefully follow on with a cause, and possible provide a path for a solution.

When its in an almost working state, I would try setting the nice and the oom values for both the audio player and Viper, to their max (which is actually the lowest number) You can do it manually within the shell, or you could use the App i built at: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ation-t3806260

You can find "nice" in the menu, at: Application Info / Manage > Manage State > Nice >Nice an app to highest [-20] > *APP ID*
and OOM in the menu at: Application Info / Manage > Manage State > OOM > OOMM an app to Superman [-17] > *APP ID*

Set both of the above for both Viper and your music player (ie "*APP ID*"), and see if that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
3rd December 2018, 07:36 AM |#27629  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Not a solution, but it may help diagnose the problem and hopefully follow on with a cause, and possible provide a path for a solution.

When its in an almost working state, I would try setting the nice and the oom values for both the audio player and Viper, to their max (which is actually the lowest number) You can do it manually within the shell, or you could use the App i built at: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ation-t3806260

You can find "nice" in the menu, at: Application Info / Manage > Manage State > Nice >Nice an app to highest [-20] > *APP ID*
and OOM in the menu at: Application Info / Manage > Manage State > OOM > OOMM an app to Superman [-17] > *APP ID*

Set both of the above for both Viper and your music player (ie "*APP ID*"), and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help, I'll try that and see if it prevents Viper from dying.

I'm narrowing down my issues:
- I don't think it's leftovers from older installs in System since I had issues before only using Magisk.
- I don't think it's kernel since I didn't had these issues since day 1.

What I know about the issue:
- I think these issues started after some update with Magisk (I'm using 17 now, I heard it changed some stuff on how the .img is loaded and modules are located maybe it's related?
- LG V20 H990's root is very messy, maybe it's related on how I have to root it?
- Same issue happens systematically with other DSP, from Viper normal to Material and even JamesDPS, so there is something systematically killing or conflicting with my audio effects intermittently when I change a song.
- Effects don't work at all with offline music players (It only kinda works with Spotify but offline music players don't have the effect at all - some have built-in equalizers but even some without don't work as well).

Now I need to know if something is killing the process (will check that with your application) or if something is conflicting with the audio effects, I don't have stock equalizer, I had some non root equalizers but removed then, maybe some leftovers from them? Have no idea what could cause conflicts.
5th December 2018, 01:38 PM |#27630  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Processing: no
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_151532.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	4658792   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_151653.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	4658793  
5th December 2018, 01:48 PM |#27631  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 301

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helloziro

Processing: no

Play music and you should see yes.

If media player active, was there music being played when you took the screenshot?

Sent from my Ulefone Armor_X using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)