Originally Posted by DiamondJohn
Not a solution, but it may help diagnose the problem and hopefully follow on with a cause, and possible provide a path for a solution.
When its in an almost working state, I would try setting the nice and the oom values for both the audio player and Viper, to their max (which is actually the lowest number) You can do it manually within the shell, or you could use the App i built at: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ation-t3806260
You can find "nice" in the menu, at: Application Info / Manage > Manage State > Nice >Nice an app to highest [-20] > *APP ID*
and OOM in the menu at: Application Info / Manage > Manage State > OOM > OOMM an app to Superman [-17] > *APP ID*
Set both of the above for both Viper and your music player (ie "*APP ID*"), and see if that helps.
Thanks for the help, I'll try that and see if it prevents Viper from dying.
I'm narrowing down my issues:
- I don't think it's leftovers from older installs in System since I had issues before only using Magisk.
- I don't think it's kernel since I didn't had these issues since day 1.
What I know about the issue:
- I think these issues started after some update with Magisk (I'm using 17 now, I heard it changed some stuff on how the .img is loaded and modules are located maybe it's related?
- LG V20 H990's root is very messy, maybe it's related on how I have to root it?
- Same issue happens systematically with other DSP, from Viper normal to Material and even JamesDPS, so there is something systematically killing or conflicting with my audio effects intermittently when I change a song.
- Effects don't work at all with offline music players (It only kinda works with Spotify but offline music players don't have the effect at all - some have built-in equalizers but even some without don't work as well).
Now I need to know if something is killing the process (will check that with your application) or if something is conflicting with the audio effects, I don't have stock equalizer, I had some non root equalizers but removed then, maybe some leftovers from them? Have no idea what could cause conflicts.