MIUI drops for nexus 5 Friday officially

Search This thread

theminigame

Feb 14, 2011
Albuquerque
It's probably gonna be a while, Porting miui is no easy task.. And the N5 and this device aren't similar enough to really make the port work any easier..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

muppetmaster916

Jul 31, 2013
Boston
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Just wondering because I came from the G2, d800, and didn't see any MIUI love on that phone, haven't had MIUI since my s3, didn't know if anyone was attempting to port it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

asianflavor

Oct 15, 2009
Momence
Just wondering because I came from the G2, d800, and didn't see any MIUI love on that phone, haven't had MIUI since my s3, didn't know if anyone was attempting to port it

The reason that the G2 didn't get MIUI because it only had CM11. There was a CM10.1 ROM but was too buggy to use as base. I'm not going to promise anything yet, but as soon as I get caught with my personal life, I'm going to start on MIUI on the M8. I'm waiting for Patchrom to update because I would love to use the GPE ROM as a base and have Sense feature with MIUI.

Reactions: muppetmaster916

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
My two cents but I wouldn't use MIUI, they ripped off xposed and refuse to give credit.
Plus they are falling behind in android updates, what once used to be a great Rom is turning into crap

asianflavor

Oct 15, 2009
Momence
My two cents but I wouldn't use MIUI, they ripped off xposed and refuse to give credit.
Plus they are falling behind in android updates, what once used to be a great Rom is turning into crap

That's funny because they have credited Rovo89 here. And it's not MIUI that created the program but BurgerZ. And the new base which the Nexus 7, Nexus 5 (beta) and RedMi3 are running 4.4.2. Your opinion is an opinion but not when you are posting false accusations.

muppetmaster916

Jul 31, 2013
Boston
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
The reason that the G2 didn't get MIUI because it only had CM11. There was a CM10.1 ROM but was too buggy to use as base. I'm not going to promise anything yet, but as soon as I get caught with my personal life, I'm going to start on MIUI on the M8. I'm waiting for Patchrom to update because I would love to use the GPE ROM as a base and have Sense feature with MIUI.

I agree that the gpe base would be ideal, thanks in advance.

asianflavor

Oct 15, 2009
Momence
I agree that the gpe base would be ideal, thanks in advance.

As soon as I am done moving, I'm going to build my android kitchen again since I lost everything when my job took my laptop. That was one of the reason that I stopped MIUI with the D2VZW. But I now have two beast machine and my ISP just upgraded me to 100Mbps line for free, I should have no problem building anything. But I need to get settled back into Android after everything that has gone on with my personal life. If porting with KK is close to same as JB was, I can hopefully come up with something quick with CM11 as a base...as long as MIUI is working with SELinux enforcing. :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Didn't really want an opinion battle about MIUI, just info related to who may or may not be working on it, thanks.