Xperia X2 Leaked

Search This thread

nevermind

Jan 25, 2007
Prague
of course, can't imagine Winmo device without reset button LMAO
And don't think such device exists..

By the way, the TV OUT works fine, seamlessly. But for serious movie watching on TV, you need good TV ;)

Accelerometer pissess me off a bit, because it works everywhere. Including the homescreen.. Feels bit too touchy..

Last edited:

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
of course, can't imagine Winmo device without reset button LMAO
And don't think such device exists..

By the way, the TV OUT works fine, seamlessly. But for serious movie watching on TV, you need good TV ;)

Accelerometer pissess me off a bit, because it works everywhere. Including the homescreen.. Feels bit too touchy..

Well I assume there will be OFF feature of accelerometer.

I will turn it OFF ASAP!!!

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
Nevermind, would you be able to tell us any information in changing the design of the X2?

I hate the design so much. What's the point in an 8.1 megapixel camera without an adjustable lens cover?

Why not make a gigantic optical joystick?

Why not have a bigger screen and therefore have EVEN bigger keys or MORE keys.

Why not LED indicators.

I can see why people want this thing because of these small steps upwards.

But by gradually (I mean slowly) making things better SE is being a big ****.

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
Nevermind, would you be able to tell us any information in changing the design of the X2?

I hate the design so much. What's the point in an 8.1 megapixel camera without an adjustable lens cover?

Why not make a gigantic optical joystick?

Why not have a bigger screen and therefore have EVEN bigger keys or MORE keys.

Why not LED indicators.

I can see why people want this thing because of these small steps upwards.

But by gradually (I mean slowly) making things better SE is being a big ****.

It has a bigger screen actually, and better keys too.
It also has LED.

Why the hell more keys???
I'm happy it doesn't look like TPro!!!

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
It has a bigger screen actually, and better keys too.
It also has LED.

Why the hell more keys???
I'm happy it doesn't look like TPro!!!

Better key's that it. Look at the Touch Pro2. Type on the Touch Pro2. It is the BEST keyboard. You need a number key row instead of a unaligned dial pad. You need function and caps indicators.

The screen is 3.2 inches, and that's not an upgrade. What the **** do you get out of a .2 inch larger screen? Nothing. Not a good size for videos and definitely not a good size to be finger candy.

The Led seems to be a downgraded Led and the X1's LED sucked and lacked good software for it.

Even the Touch Pro's keyboard is better than X2. The only thing the X2's keyboard has to offer is better buttons and ctrl key. The layout is vomit. The colors are vomit.

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
Better key's that it. Look at the Touch Pro2. Type on the Touch Pro2. It is the BEST keyboard. You need a number key row instead of a unaligned dial pad. You need function and caps indicators.

The screen is 3.2 inches, and that's not an upgrade. What the **** do you get out of a .2 inch larger screen? Nothing. Not a good size for videos and definitely not a good size to be finger candy.

The Led seems to be a downgraded Led and the X1's LED sucked and lacked good software for it.

Even the Touch Pro's keyboard is better than X2. The only thing the X2's keyboard has to offer is better buttons and ctrl key. The layout is vomit. The colors are vomit.

I propose to vomit all the way.

But jokes aside, well, you don't have to like it.
I had TouchPro before X1. Would not put these devices in the same line.

Honestly, when I look at TP and TP 2 I also like to do what you just described. This design sucks for me, disgusting.

As for X1 keyb I like it and looks like X2 will really rock comfort-wise.
It's definitely a personal thing. Plus no too much rows - I don't need this HTC chaos here. The only nice things are those arrows for navigation.
And I will miss the mechanical navipad.
As for num-pad: well I thank SE to NOT implement stupid numbers in one line. No profi device uses such pattern. Happy to have them like it is!

The funniest thing you wrote about a screen. Well I wouldn't like to have a brick in my pocket, but anyway to me 3.5 inch versus these 3.2 is not any major killing difference for movie watching: none of these mobile devices give any real watching comfort, it's just too small. Don't be funny.

Have to see a real device, launched. Don't take it personally, these are my personal preferences.

nevermind

Jan 25, 2007
Prague
poetryrocksalot: i'm not the designer and I'll just get the device, report problems, bugs. But that's all. Eventhough I may report that I don't like the shape, design,......... unless it's a problem, they won't change it.. So that's it.

doministry+poetryrocksalot: well, I don't think there is a huge difference between 3.2in and 3.5in display for watching movies. Both are tiny for movies and it's just about compromise. Simple math says that 3.5-3.2 = 0.3in (to imagine more easily for European users, 0.3in is about 7.62mm!! That is less than 1cm).
So as doministry said, " 3.5 inch versus these 3.2 is not any major killing difference for movie watching: none of these mobile devices give any real watching comfort, it's just too small". Which is very true.
So for movie watching, I'd recommend getting a PSP, Cowon S9 or other similar devices with huge screen. But of course, it'll be always best to watch the movie fullscreen on your TV.

Myself, I don't see any point in hunting megapixels, megahertz, Ghz, tenths of inch.

Ganondolf

Nov 16, 2008
poetryrocksalot: i'm not the designer and I'll just get the device, report problems, bugs. But that's all. Eventhough I may report that I don't like the shape, design,......... unless it's a problem, they won't change it.. So that's it.

doministry+poetryrocksalot: well, I don't think there is a huge difference between 3.2in and 3.5in display for watching movies. Both are tiny for movies and it's just about compromise. Simple math says that 3.5-3.2 = 0.3in (to imagine more easily for European users, 0.3in is about 7.62mm!! That is less than 1cm).
So as doministry said, " 3.5 inch versus these 3.2 is not any major killing difference for movie watching: none of these mobile devices give any real watching comfort, it's just too small". Which is very true.
So for movie watching, I'd recommend getting a PSP, Cowon S9 or other similar devices with huge screen. But of course, it'll be always best to watch the movie fullscreen on your TV.

Myself, I don't see any point in hunting megapixels, megahertz, Ghz, tenths of inch.

for me a 3.2" screen is about right, i dont want a 4" screen so the phone turns into a pda brick. All i want is an amazing phone, why anyone would want to watch a film on there phone is beyond me.

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
Agreed above. X2 screen is enough for me too, as well as X1.

Me personally - I would watch a movie on X1 or X2 screen. I just wanted to say, that GENERALLY whether it's TP2 or X1, the difference is not really so huge in terms of movie watching. PSP - that's bigger...

orelsi

Jan 1, 2009
The funniest thing you wrote about a screen. Well I wouldn't like to have a brick in my pocket, but anyway to me 3.5 inch versus these 3.2 is not any major killing difference for movie watching: none of these mobile devices give any real watching comfort, it's just too small. Don't be funny.

for me a 3.2" screen is about right, i dont want a 4" screen so the phone turns into a pda brick. All i want is an amazing phone, why anyone would want to watch a film on there phone is beyond me.

Agreed above. X2 screen is enough for me too, as well as X1.

Me personally - I would watch a movie on X1 or X2 screen. I just wanted to say, that GENERALLY whether it's TP2 or X1, the difference is not really so huge in terms of movie watching. PSP - that's bigger...

BULL****!!!!!!!!

Every single inch matters.

Bigger screen = better overall experience, better movies/videos, better web browsing for frack's sake, more finger friendliness, etc.

The fox and the sour grapes much are we???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes

sa7640

Jul 22, 2009
Personally, 3.2" is too small... I can read eBook comfortably when I am walking on street or I am traveling on bus using CLIE NX73V (3.8 inch display) comfortably. However, for XPERIA X1, it is a bad experience if I attempt to read eBook with it. The screen is just too small. You have to switch to larger font as a compensation.

I used to think that a smaller screen doesn't hurt as it is more handy and portable. However, after some real experience of using a large screen, I do not think that a 3.0" or 3.2" screen is suffiently large enough anymore... Sorry... I guess I can now only accept any screens that are at least 3.5"... If you do not believe me, you may try it out yourself if you get a chance... Of course, still, some people may have a different value on the trade-off between a more handy and portable device and the better experience brought by a larger screen...

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
BULL****!!!!!!!!

Bigger screen = better overall experience, better movies/videos, better web browsing for frack's sake, more finger friendliness, etc.

???

Speak for yourself.

For you every little difference matters,
for me not. But don't call somebody's personal opinion a bull****,
since yours can be called the same.

And I hope you don't think you're always objectively right, do you?

BTW
"Every single inch matters."
Sure, since we talk about app. 3inch screens.

Ganondolf

Nov 16, 2008
BULL****!!!!!!!!

like i said i have no interest in watching films on my phone and for web use its not too bad for the minimal amount i use it. maybe finger friendliness u are right but i dont have a problem with finger friendliness on the x1 so the slightly bigger screen of the x2 will be as good if not better. i have seen and played with the toshiba tg01 and it has a 4" screen but the handset is way to big for a everyday phone and everyone i know who was played with it says its to big.

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
You guys have to understand that, THAT IT IS STILL OUR OPINION AS WELL.

We are mad that SE is making what you guys want. But they aren't making what we want.

If they made an X2 for your tastes and another X2 for our tastes then we'd be happy.

I come from a very stingy family, and every inch matters. For example, when we go to a buffet we stuff our stomach, because we have to maximize what we get (until we become super rich and eat like spoiled brats).

And sure if I was super rich I could buy one PSP with the big screen for movie and entertainment and one slim Pocket PC Phone for business activities, then wouldn't I have to carry two portable devices? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Our reason to want as many inches as possible and still have it fit in our pocket is because if we maximize all features to the highest specifications than we get an all in once device. And maybe one day I will get rid of my REAL GARMIN GPS and finally use a Pocket PC Garmin GPS. The Xperia's screen is too small, the turn by turn directions isn't loud enough. So I have to buy a freaking bluetooth stereo unit? Are you kidding me?

As far as I know 4 inches is the maximum size for our pockets, but it is the perfect size.
And 5 inches is also a perfect size but the screen has to be very narrow but long like the LG Chocolate 4.

btw, the PSP's screen is not much bigger than 4 inches and the PSP's resolution is very low, the device is much bigger than a phone with a 4 inch screen, and it doesn't tilt like the Touch Pro2 for an easier portable movie experience. It doesn't have a phone on it. It doesn't have a GPS. You have to use physical buttons ONLY in order to control the playback. You would seriously want two separate devices? Sigh...

Anyways, to the people who agree with me (so far just Orelsi), I don't think the companies will make everything absolutely all-in-one...atleast any time soon. What will happen to these companies if they can't sell standalone GPS units anymore? What if they can't sell MP3/Movie players anymore? That's bad for business and I don't think other companies like that.

Last edited:

informatico

Aug 11, 2008
munich germany
I dont understand you guys when u say i dont want to watch a movie on my phone ... .nobody would watch a movie on his phone ... would be boring but only in some situations. Like games, u cant compare gaming in mobile devices with an xbox or whatever but when u are travelling have nothing to do .. is great just to play a game or watch some funny clips ... and 3.5" makes a huge difference. if u think that is just 0.5" more you are wrong ... the old nokias had 2.4" that is uncomparable with our 3" of X1 and is just 0.6" more. So ... my point in all this is we dont need 0.5" more to make it a movie device or gaming device ... but to increase the overall user experience, like web browsing ... navigation, reading etc. I use my laptop to browse the web ... but i use my xperia to browse on the move for a short time ... and i can tell now that i have also n97 that the browsing experience is much better. Immagine it like this ... u can make a bank transaction with a se k750 xperia x1 or a n97 ... u can do it with all the devices but your experience and speed would change drastically. we need best experience without having to carry a big brick in our pocket. and i think a slim 3.5" device with few spaces around the screen is ok for my pocket ... otherwise i would go for a netbook.
I hope SE makes the right decisions.