I just swapped to this ROM from a recent CM7 nightly (39 I think...I was getting ok batt. life initially on it, but it continues to get worse. I was not running the flashable gps lib revert, so I'm not sure what was causing my problem there).
At any rate, I have DT a2sd running on this rom. Here are the steps I used to get here:
1) Download ROM zip from first post in this thread to linux PC: http://hoxnet.com/droid/hoxnet_liberated_hfr003b.zip
2) Download modified boot.img zip file attached to post #246 of this thread to linux PC:
3) Extract modified boot.img from zip onto PC
4) Open (do not extract) ROM downloaded in step 1 with archive manager on PC
5) Use archive manager "add file to archive" tool on PC to import the modified boot.img file you extracted to the ROM
6) Download DT a2sd newest beta to PC: http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2s...a04-signed.zip
7) Copy ROM file (already modified with updated boot.img) and the DT a2sd file downloaded in step 6 to the root of your SD card for your device
8) Boot into recovery and make a NANDROID backup of whatever you were running before
9) wipe data/factory reset; wipe cache partition; advanced>wipe dalvik cache
10) choose install zip from sd, and flash the modified ROM image you just made
11) now flash the DT a2sd file you just downloaded - it will run through and say it is installed.
12) now flash the DT a2sd file AGAIN. It iwill run through the process again. (this is a trick I learned using it on CM7 early builds before s2e was around)
13) reboot device. Here's where it gets a little scary, the reboot process is very weird...mine went like this: white HTC screen for 1 minute or so (maybe less). then a vibe/reboot to white HTC screen again. this second one lasted maybe 2-3 minutes (I thought I had a boot failure and was about to pull the battery). this long HTC screen was followed by another vibe/reboot. Back to white HTC screen for a third time. This one also lasted about 1 minute, then I got the normal bootsplash with Gene's Aria Liberated message.
I am just now in the process of re-installing all my apps, so we will see how storage space goes. My experience of going from CM6 to CM7 is that Gingerbread seems to be more efficient at dumping apps to ext. partitions on SD than froyo is (no one has been able to explain why to me, and I have no clue) but with the same app load using apps to ext, I had about 25MB internal storage free on CM6, and about 45MB free internal on CM7 (with the same initial available space when clean)
One other thing to mention: I switched to using DT's beta 4 at the same time I went to CM7 - I never had to do the double flash with beta 2 or 3 on CM6, so you might want to try beta 3 instead. I just happened to have 4 handy.
Anyway, sorry for the long post guys, but it seems some people are having trouble with a2sd on this ROM.
OK, I finally got a modified framework-res.apk to work. All I did was change the text color in the new TextView filed of status_bar.xml to color red (#FFFF0000) and reinstall. It changed the message "No SIM card" to red, but when I rebooted with a valid sim card, the ATT dropdown still shows up and in the same color text (white on black) so this approach is barking up the wrong tree.
I used the above procedure (using a Linux computer) to replace the boot image in the latest ROM version 05b. Upon flashing, phone boots fine, but Wifi displays "error" as status and doesn't work at all!
I tried rebooting phone and reflashing (I checked the md5sum to be sure) and same problem. Wifi worked well when I didn't substitute the boot image in the ROM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|