11th May 2011, 03:36 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Perfect! Thanks Gene.

11th May 2011, 05:47 AM |#502  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 67

More
question , i want to do the same as you did. i just flash it using CWM . as an update?
can you OC over 806 mhz? plz write back ?
11th May 2011, 05:49 PM |#503  

More
Yeah, I just flashed it in clockwork recovery.
11th May 2011, 07:37 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
DT boot image causes wifi error with new rom 05b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrumheller

I just swapped to this ROM from a recent CM7 nightly (39 I think...I was getting ok batt. life initially on it, but it continues to get worse. I was not running the flashable gps lib revert, so I'm not sure what was causing my problem there).

At any rate, I have DT a2sd running on this rom. Here are the steps I used to get here:

1) Download ROM zip from first post in this thread to linux PC: http://hoxnet.com/droid/hoxnet_liberated_hfr003b.zip

2) Download modified boot.img zip file attached to post #246 of this thread to linux PC:

3) Extract modified boot.img from zip onto PC

4) Open (do not extract) ROM downloaded in step 1 with archive manager on PC

5) Use archive manager "add file to archive" tool on PC to import the modified boot.img file you extracted to the ROM

6) Download DT a2sd newest beta to PC: http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2s...a04-signed.zip

7) Copy ROM file (already modified with updated boot.img) and the DT a2sd file downloaded in step 6 to the root of your SD card for your device

8) Boot into recovery and make a NANDROID backup of whatever you were running before

9) wipe data/factory reset; wipe cache partition; advanced>wipe dalvik cache

10) choose install zip from sd, and flash the modified ROM image you just made

11) now flash the DT a2sd file you just downloaded - it will run through and say it is installed.

12) now flash the DT a2sd file AGAIN. It iwill run through the process again. (this is a trick I learned using it on CM7 early builds before s2e was around)

13) reboot device. Here's where it gets a little scary, the reboot process is very weird...mine went like this: white HTC screen for 1 minute or so (maybe less). then a vibe/reboot to white HTC screen again. this second one lasted maybe 2-3 minutes (I thought I had a boot failure and was about to pull the battery). this long HTC screen was followed by another vibe/reboot. Back to white HTC screen for a third time. This one also lasted about 1 minute, then I got the normal bootsplash with Gene's Aria Liberated message.

I am just now in the process of re-installing all my apps, so we will see how storage space goes. My experience of going from CM6 to CM7 is that Gingerbread seems to be more efficient at dumping apps to ext. partitions on SD than froyo is (no one has been able to explain why to me, and I have no clue) but with the same app load using apps to ext, I had about 25MB internal storage free on CM6, and about 45MB free internal on CM7 (with the same initial available space when clean)

One other thing to mention: I switched to using DT's beta 4 at the same time I went to CM7 - I never had to do the double flash with beta 2 or 3 on CM6, so you might want to try beta 3 instead. I just happened to have 4 handy.

Anyway, sorry for the long post guys, but it seems some people are having trouble with a2sd on this ROM.

DD

I used the above procedure (using a Linux computer) to replace the boot image in the latest ROM version 05b. Upon flashing, phone boots fine, but Wifi displays "error" as status and doesn't work at all!

I tried rebooting phone and reflashing (I checked the md5sum to be sure) and same problem. Wifi worked well when I didn't substitute the boot image in the ROM.
11th May 2011, 08:28 PM |#505  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Poole

OK, I finally got a modified framework-res.apk to work. All I did was change the text color in the new TextView filed of status_bar.xml to color red (#FFFF0000) and reinstall. It changed the message "No SIM card" to red, but when I rebooted with a valid sim card, the ATT dropdown still shows up and in the same color text (white on black) so this approach is barking up the wrong tree.

I have some strange information from my test.
There are 3phone providers which i have sim cards in Thailand AIS,DTAC(Most Use),TOT3G

With AIS & TOT3G Sim there are no carries name display on that area! but when i switch back to DTAC it come again
11th May 2011, 11:37 PM |#506  
Flag nyc

More
Poppustopa, with the new kernel did the rom and stability improved ???
12th May 2011, 01:43 AM |#507  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateral18

Poppustopa, with the new kernel did the rom and stability improved ???

It's basically the same (in my opinion) as the HK Kernel that ATTN1 provided, just with trackpad wake and overclocking.
12th May 2011, 02:48 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 511

More
Officially made the switch from CM7 to this. It finally has trackpad wake, and is way faster than gingerbread. Thanks gene.

Sent from my HTC Aria using XDA App
12th May 2011, 03:40 PM |#509  
Flag Jefferson City, MO
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acimmarusti

I used the above procedure (using a Linux computer) to replace the boot image in the latest ROM version 05b. Upon flashing, phone boots fine, but Wifi displays "error" as status and doesn't work at all!

I tried rebooting phone and reflashing (I checked the md5sum to be sure) and same problem. Wifi worked well when I didn't substitute the boot image in the ROM.

Same results here for me (although done on a Win7 computer with 7-zip). Any ideas on how to get this to work?.

It would be super awesome if DT-A2SD 2.5.7.2-1 (last stable version) was built-in to the ROM, but disabled by default. My only other wishlist item would be to add support for ext4, and of course get rid of the annoying AT&T dropdown.

Thanks for keeping this alive.
13th May 2011, 03:56 AM |#510  
Flag nyc

More
popustoppa
Hey I did it . It works fine all my apps are there and working . Right bow is stable OC at 826 mhz . To how much do you have set up to .??
I'm thinking in trying the whole Rom, I do see a tiny bit of improvement.
Again thanks to gene for this development. Muchas gracias de verda .
13th May 2011, 10:50 PM |#511  
Flag nyc

More
gene is there anyway , to be able to send bigger messages , bigger than 300 kb. or just download a messaging app from the market?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)