Windows Mobile 7 for HD2, it will happen

Search This thread

Shasarak

Aug 7, 2009
London
Well, WM6.5 has been tested also on Xperia X1 and finally there didn't come any update. I think that it is normal that the developers test it on phones that are able to work with the new OS, but it doesn't mean that HD2 will definetly get an official update - though I pray for it...
It being tested on the HD2 certainly doesn't mean there will be an official HD2 release; but if there is a test version and it is leaked then that significantly increases the chances of there being an unofficiial "cooked" ROM based on it made by one or more of the "chefs" here at XDA.

liamR

Feb 14, 2007
Maybe I'm a skeptic, but the only thing I believe from that statement is that WM7 is scheduled for release in November. I wouldn't be surpsied if like most CS reps he was a bit confused and didn't realize that MS/HTC is probably going to push out 6.5.3 to the HD.

More than likely 6.5.3 will be released as a free download
WM7 will start appearing in Nov (on new devices though)

And since I've never seen HTC develop 2 OS updates for a device, I don't see it happening now, unless times are changing and that WM7 license is free or something.

You are wrong. Did you forget about the HTC Advantage? Against all odds it got an official upgrade from WM5 to WM6...

sonus

Jan 25, 2007
You are wrong. Did you forget about the HTC Advantage? Against all odds it got an official upgrade from WM5 to WM6...

And? that's one update... I've had other HTC phones get WM6 updates. Its not as if the Advantage got a WM6 update and then a WM6.1 update. I'm saying that the HD2 will like all past phones get one update. Unfortunately for the HD2, that'll be 6.5.3/6.6 because the HD2 was release with 6.5.

freyberry

Dec 27, 2009
6.5.3 is just an AKU of 6.5, not a new Windows Mobile. It won't even be called 6.6 probably, unless MSFT's PR department decides otherwise.

Why all the useless speculation? Just wait and see what happens.

If you don't just want to wait, writing to HTC and requesting a WM7 upgrade is probably the best you can do.

doj1978

Oct 29, 2008
Hi,

I have recently received an enquiry about a post I made saying that I contacted HTC about a month ago asking if WinMo 7 will be made available for the HD2, and if it will be a free download. I have found their response so have decided to post it on here:-

"Dear Toby

Thank you for your enquiry about HD2

What we do it ROM Upgrades from our website, however 6.5 windows mobile has only been out 2 months and windows mobile 7 hasn't even been developed. This wont be out until next november at the earliest. But when it is available it will be a free download.

If these steps have not helped, please let me know by responding using the link provided and I will be happy to check again for you.

Best regards,

Terry Snelling
HTC customer support team
HTC Corp. Global Service Division
http://www.htc.com/europe/CA_Hotline.aspx"

any update now? I heard HD2 doesn't run wm7.

artaken

Jun 19, 2010
does anyone have an update on if win7 will be available for hd2, maybe know of someone working on a hack.

win7 is very nice, would love to run it im not feeling this win 6.5.

azlan96

Sep 7, 2010
Ampang
Ill probably not get install it on my HD2, I bought my HD2 just because of Garmin, there will never be a Garmin for WP7