[MOD] [CM10.1] Softkey Enabler (tbalden CM 10.1 B3)

Search This thread

kibaa12

Sep 27, 2010
Coffs Harbour
Update for Latest Nightly

Should persist through a few Nightlies will update when needed or when i have time if any one wishes to take over this Let me know and i shall close this tread once you have a new one going i recently started working so have a smaller amount of time to keep this updated

Reactions: theDroidfanatic

qvert

Oct 10, 2008
thank you very much
my touch buttons stopped working because of a drop :) d'ohh

but with this i can keep using my phone!

is there a way how i can switch of button brightness?
there is a setting in display -> brightness
but when i put a 0 in every lightning sensor step it's still lightning

Last edited:

kibaa12

Sep 27, 2010
Coffs Harbour
there is a way if u look back a bit there is a script posted unfortunatly i cant put this into the update.zip for some reason as it wont stay

Zardox

Feb 5, 2009
hay

sorry for my question, but i don't really understand what Softkey is, have been looking and asking my self. but i can't understand ;P

So what does Softkey enabler do? Softkey?? :crying:

kibaa12

Sep 27, 2010
Coffs Harbour
The softkey are the key that appear on scree on like on the Samsung Nexus Phone to adapt it for the XL would be to have the framework-res.apk from the cyanogen mod rom for that phone as well as the keylayout in USR

nerodante80

Oct 11, 2009
I install this on CyanogenMod 10 - Endeavor Unleashed | 028 | UNIFIED HBOOT | 4.2.1 and my phone doesnt boot. I'm on 1.36 hboot.

Last edited:

kibaa12

Sep 27, 2010
Coffs Harbour
this enables to softkeys on screen does not add any optino to turn it on and off but in the end it is most likely not going to work with the current versions considering it was last updated in september...i currently do not have a One X due to water dmg thus why i have not updated or touched so prolly best to have thread closed for now.

kibaa12

Sep 27, 2010
Coffs Harbour
Updated to CM 10.1 Test release mainly on usefulness of the Cap App and also the Bar size.

Double Update updated for B1 release

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Semi- Useful Softkey mod is back from the dead....SEMI I present a Alpha version of the previous mod i offered with Cap button brightness app also thrown in to disable to lights atm this is a alpha build so please let me know how this goes.

p.s let me know if the bar is to small.

Bug existing of pressing physical buttons still causes the screen to freeze

Instructions:
    Flash Through CWM and Reboot ^_^

CM10.1
    DfwH6A0l.png

Current:
    Soft Key Enabler B3
    Soft Key disabler B3

Changelog:
    Updated for B1 release. Disabler is labled B1.2 due to playing with updater script trying to remove the Cap light app(If any one is able to help me here would be great)

Previous
    Soft Key Enabler A9
    Soft Key Disabler A9
    Soft Key Enabler B1
    Soft Key Disabler B1.2

Code:
    OLD INFO
    I Present a small tweak to Enable the soft keys on CM10/AOKP while also disabling the Capacitive buttons plz let me know if you find any issues with this mod. Am unable to disable the cap backlight as it seems that it is beyond my ability as a newb modder if any one else can get them disabled plz let me know the location to control backlight is in services.jar in the PowerManagerService

Also seems on AOKP the Softkeys have some controls in Rom Control e.g transparency making it look like a black bar while also giving the ability to EDIT what is on the bar

HEADS UP: This Will Disable the Extra feature added in settings>system (tho once u have on screen why would you want to modify the hardware keys)

Glitch: pressing the disabled Capacative keys while trying to use touch on screen becomes unresponsive reverted the second you un touch the cap keys tho seems to slightly happen with th capacitive keys enabled and soft key disabled as well to a degree

[SIZE="1"]Old Version:
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9q9jctbfu2fcn38"]Soft Key Enabler Alpha 1[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pvoae6cafq3e55k"]Soft Key Disabler Alpha 1[/URL]

Changelog:
    Nightly Version Added
    11: Updated for Preview 11 
    9: Updated of Preview 9
    8: Updated for Preview 8 
    7.10: Weeded out the wrong selections disabled
    7.1: Disabled all capacitive keys
    [/SIZE]
    p.s Big Cheer to mattmanwrx for helping me out ALOT

Note this should continue to work through the Nightlys but i will keep an eye for when anything big changes to framework that needs me to fix/update.
    Unfortunately the capacitive keys are not disabled I will look into it in the mean time and will make a version for removing the keyboard back to none. Tried to disable backlight on the keys but the usual method seems to not work

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Updated: added soft key Disabler for preview 7 and also informed of beta version with 2 of 3 keys disabled on capacative

Personally I kinda like it still gives me a physical menu key sorta giving a 4th key

You are my hero!!!

How do you install the mod and are the capacitive keys disabled?

Thx
    Just flash via CWM
    Keep up your great work, thanks for your help too.

One thing, is ir possible to disable the black bar on the lock screen? :)

Thanks

the black bar on lock screen is part of the on screen keys if u drag the top bar down on lock screen its gives you options
    Updated for Preview 11 Enjoy