[TOOL] Task 29 (format internal Memory) without drivers, without mtty.

Search This thread

agent_47

Jan 7, 2009
GÖTEBORG
i thought of re doing doloop's modd for TP2 :)
and here it is :) fully tested to be working :)

now we can mtty our X1 without having the need of MTTY and its drivers :)

INSTRUCTIONS:
- download and unzip
- run then ROMUpdateUtility.exe and wait for it to finish.....
- device will reboot but will neva go past the bootscreen coz there is no OS to boot :eek:
- take our batti and then flash a rom using mSD card or by taking device into bootloader and using customRUU to load ur favorite ROM :)

DOWNLOAD:
http://valkyrie.htc-files.com/downloads/roms/valkyrie/XPERIA/task29.zip

WHATS TASK29\MTTY
when u flash a rom, you are copying files onto the internal memory (like duh!) but if u repeatadly flash different roms, sometimes files from older version stays behind as when u flash a rom, you just copy and sometimes overwrite files without deleting the older ones. hence at times these older files may create bugs\instability. hardrest donot always fix it.so we use MTTY

read this post to know what made me such a firm fan of mtty.http://xdaforums.com/show...postcount=6085

but the thing is, mtty is and can be hard to use for new users. ... for me,, i was having the worst time installin the drivers needed to run mtty on win7 x64. so u i made this tool for me and for all

CREDIT:
all credit goes to doloop for coming up with the idea :)
Hi,

I hex edited RomUpdateUtility.exe so it runs task 29 right after flashing ruu_signed.nbh

As every one understand this command format the rom,

Just unzip and run task29.exe . You may replace ruu_signed.nbh with the radio of your choice.

After the phone reset itself, your old rom will be gone, so it won't boot: binfs has been formated, your phone memory is clean.
You'll need to power up in bootloader mode (press vol down right after power key), then use the leocustomruu.exe provided with your favorite rom package, or flash it from memory card using standard procedure.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5845908&postcount=1

Lex360

Mar 15, 2009
hey cool.. friend of mine just told me bout it.. he did it on his HD2 ^^

I'll give it a shot a soon as u release ur new Rom ^^

mobilkungen78

Mar 22, 2009
Unknown
this task29 messed up my phone now i can get past the se logo on the vakyrie 23540 rom....i did exactly what u sayd agent and then flashed ur rom and i
cant get passd se logo so now ill try to flash stock rom and then back to yours

agent_47

Jan 7, 2009
GÖTEBORG
this task29 messed up my phone now i can get past the se logo on the vakyrie 23540 rom....i did exactly what u sayd agent and then flashed ur rom and i
cant get passd se logo so now ill try to flash stock rom and then back to yours
did u flas a rom afterwards? if yes u need to use a different customruu, not this one....this one is only for mtty use
Thanks Agent, just one question. Can it be use for HD2 and HD?

Cheers.
no
but we hav the same app in the hd2 dev section

agent_47

Jan 7, 2009
GÖTEBORG
i know its fo the mtty use i flashe thrue sd card..and ur rom and it started to softreset by itself and would not get passed sony logo on boot
so now i have stock rom and i works perfecly

wat?? n comfused...

just to make surre...this is what you do.
1. flash the task29 folder (not from sd card...via active sync)
2.when done, flash any ROM using a different customRUU or via sd card

2wice

Nov 19, 2008
Good one Agent, mtty Win 7 x64 had too many loops for me to jump through.

dexteral

Aug 23, 2009
worked for me. thanks very much:)

1. run ROMUpdateUtility in task 29 folder when in boot screen
2. and then install any custom rom

Top Liked Posts