US Cellular Variant Offical Thread

Search This thread

clothednblack

Apr 27, 2011
Crescent city california
You need to download Odin and the sg3 stock odin file, I used L1,I will see if I have a link on my phone....

Ridin the Mystic jellybean unicorn on my blazing SG3

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

m.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00049096&fm_seq=53670

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

But Odin is a better idea, I will upload the stock file in the morning and link it for you, if you can't find it by then.

Last edited:

blueandigo

Dec 2, 2012
I have odin already on my pc. I downloaded the L1 file yesterday. It was 665 mb or something like that.

clothednblack

Apr 27, 2011
Crescent city california
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1979290

The other way is turn your phone off, hold down volume down/home/power buttons to get into download mode and flash with odin the stock file. Just open odin, boot into download mode, plug in usb, click pda on odin, and insert your stock file, make sure auto reboot is checked, and start it. PM me if you have more questions

razor1

Dec 13, 2007
You need to download Odin and the sg3 stock odin file, I used L1,I will see if I have a link on my phone....

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

m.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00049096&fm_seq=53670

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

But Odin is a better idea, I will upload the stock file in the morning and link it for you, if you can't find it by then.

I could use the stock firmware if you wouldn't mind providing the link please. Thanks

regularjordon

Aug 22, 2012
According to Google News we are getting jelly bean on Friday the 21st

Sent from my SCH-R530U using xda app-developers app

papa54

Mar 6, 2011
i wondered about what US Cellular was close to and was told it was actualy an AT&T ... now thats the buzz i got at an AT&T store

jrzx10r

Feb 16, 2009
The phone is pretty much just like Verizon I got a gs3 usc from a friend of mine and am using it on Verizon now. But if someone could help me with this would be greatly appreciated . I have the phone rooted and now I would like to put a stock Verizon build on it. To get the 4g working and some I can get my contacts back on here. Any help with this?

mrRobinson

Dec 20, 2010
root66 for US Cellular R530UVXALK5

I was grabbing some stock files to compare CSC's so figured I'd post up a pre-rooted stock USC R530UVXALK5 (Jelly Bean 4.1.1).

This is the same thing I post for the Verizon Galaxy S III in this thread except for US Celluar but if you have questions they could more than likely be answered by reading there. This should not wipe data.
Download root66_USC_R530UVXALK5.7z

Also here is an ODIN flashable stock recovery from the same base: USC_recovery_R530UVXALK5.tar.md5

Enjoy US Cellular people....

Last edited:

magicman22

Dec 27, 2012
am i correct about the above U.S. Cellular files posted above from mrRobinson:

the root66_USC_R530UVXALK5.7z file has su binary and SuperSu app injected into it to give root and the other file listed:

USC_recovery_R530UVXALK5.tar.md5 would get me back to stock without root?

Thanks

mrRobinson

Dec 20, 2010
am i correct about the above U.S. Cellular files posted above from mrRobinson:

the root66_USC_R530UVXALK5.7z file has su binary and SuperSu app injected into it to give root
yes
and the other file listed:

USC_recovery_R530UVXALK5.tar.md5 would get me back to stock without root?
No. This is just the stock recovery. Many will flash a non stock recovery or maybe achieved root with the non stock recovery and now would just like to go back to complete stock maintaining root. This is a quicker flash than the full image to give you stock recovery back from cwm or twrp.

Reactions: magicman22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    root66 for US Cellular R530UVXALK5

I was grabbing some stock files to compare CSC's so figured I'd post up a pre-rooted stock USC R530UVXALK5 (Jelly Bean 4.1.1).

This is the same thing I post for the Verizon Galaxy S III in this thread except for US Celluar but if you have questions they could more than likely be answered by reading there. This should not wipe data.
    Download root66_USC_R530UVXALK5.7z

Also here is an ODIN flashable stock recovery from the same base: USC_recovery_R530UVXALK5.tar.md5

Enjoy US Cellular people....
    My successful d2usc roms

I have tried several flavors and kinds but my favorite so far is SlimKat.

CM11 M10 to M12 - Android 4.4.2-4 - Installed just fine. No network. No signal. Abandoning all hope as APN does not resolve issue or flashing current baseband of R530UVXUBMJA (4.3 Jellybean Baseband)
    • Download
    • N/A

SlimKat: Slim-d2lte-4.4.4.build.7.0-OFFICIAL - Android 4.4.4 - Installed just fine (used CWM Recovery). Network and data alright! Excellent battery life (almost 13 hours on one charge). Dark UI. NOTE: Build 9.0 breaks network and data but 7.0 is really good.
    • Download
    • Cannot post URLs... wah wah

LiquidSmooth: LS-LP-v4.1-2015-05-14-liquid_d2usc - Android 5.1.1 - Installed easily. Took a while to set up but runs very nicely. Lots of changes between 4.4.4 and 5.1.1. Not great battery life but better than stock. MMS is not workind for me (did not try to hard to fix it though, just reverted to SlimKat Build 7). Uses Layers to theme device. Used Inversion UI for Layers.
    • Download
    • Cannot post URLs... wah wah

RESULTS:

1. SlimKat: Most stable, longest battery life, Dark UI.
    2. LiquidSmooth: Most up to date with Lollipop.
    3. CyanogenMod: Lost all network capabilities. Old. US Cellular not being actively supported.
    Is there any way to disable RUIM on JZ054K (4.1.2) build? My coworker recently moved from USCC territory to where we are now, and USCC told him he has 30 days to port out because he is roaming 24/7. I've tried DFS & CDMAworkshop but neither will make RUIM NVONLY setting stick. I have yet to try QPST/QXDM.

use one of these password on DFS

Sprint: 01F2030F5F678FF9 or 2012112120131219 (2013+)
    USCC: 2010031619780721
    Verizon: 2009031920090615 or 2010031619780721

and then set to NV Only ( I clicked write several time, and it sticks! )
    The kernel source has been released for the SCH-R530U (aka the USCC version) on opensource.samsung.com. It's really up to a developer now to do some building.
    Has anyone rooted this phone yet? Can we get our own section?