I'll make a fix and upload it within the hour

Uploaded!

It will hopefully fix it.. Lemme know! Sorrys about this :p
Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: txnr70

ridethisbike

Sep 30, 2011
You should add another profile: Notification Clicked. I'm using your app until i can figure out why I can't get the xml to work properly (catching errors left and right and the position of scenes are off). While trying to get the positioning just right, I had to keep sending myself text messages. Easiest way to get back in to your app to adjust settings was by clicking on the notification. Not a big deal, but most people expect to be able to click on an apps notification and it take them to the app.

EDIT: Not sure if it's just me, but info text doesn't change size with actual popup. Sender name and time are two different sizes.

Also, another request... possible to make it slightly less transparent? Hard to read the text against some backgrounds.

Awesome job with this though. I hope I can figure out why the errors are occurring. I'd like to add the msg read stuff into it.

Last edited:

ibCurlyFry

Oct 1, 2011
You should add another profile: Notification Clicked. I'm using your app until i can figure out why I can't get the xml to work properly (catching errors left and right and the position of scenes are off). While trying to get the positioning just right, I had to keep sending myself text messages. Easiest way to get back in to your app to adjust settings was by clicking on the notification. Not a big deal, but most people expect to be able to click on an apps notification and it take them to the app.

EDIT: Not sure if it's just me, but info text doesn't change size with actual popup. Sender name and time are two different sizes.

Also, another request... possible to make it slightly less transparent? Hard to read the text against some backgrounds.

Awesome job with this though. I hope I can figure out why the errors are occurring. I'd like to add the msg read stuff into it.

I'll add the notification click and look over the other things I the next couple of days :)

ridethisbike

Sep 30, 2011
I'll add the notification click and look over the other things I the next couple of days :)

Sweet deal.

I'm slowly working the kinks out (task priorities were mixing up. ie Element Visibility was getting performed before the scene was even created). Next hurdle is figuring out why the "Compose On" task is failing (Compose scene isn't showing.) And also to figure out why I can't edit the scenes... That is a weird one...

This is exactly what I've been looking for though. The amount of work you put in to this is astounding. I thought my "take appointments from SMS and put it in the calendar at the right time" was complicated. It seriously pales in comparison to what you've done. My hat is off to you, sir!!

When I get to the right point, would you mind if I PM'd you to talk about placement of the msg read scripts? You know this thing better than I ever will. It would be a huge help to have your insight.

ibCurlyFry

Oct 1, 2011
Sweet deal.

I'm slowly working the kinks out (task priorities were mixing up. ie Element Visibility was getting performed before the scene was even created). Next hurdle is figuring out why the "Compose On" task is failing (Compose scene isn't showing.) And also to figure out why I can't edit the scenes... That is a weird one...

This is exactly what I've been looking for though. The amount of work you put in to this is astounding. I thought my "take appointments from SMS and put it in the calendar at the right time" was complicated. It seriously pales in comparison to what you've done. My hat is off to you, sir!!

When I get to the right point, would you mind if I PM'd you to talk about placement of the msg read scripts? You know this thing better than I ever will. It would be a huge help to have your insight.

Haha thanks! Yeah I'll be happy to work with you

TidusWulf

Sep 21, 2010
Seattle, WA
Cool to have an SMS notification as a tasker action. I like that. I like having fewer apps instead of more.

Edit: The app works, the XML does not. Not sure why, as I didn't make any changes o the Tasker profile. I'm running a rooted stock VZW HTC One btw. (4.2.2)

Last edited:

ibCurlyFry

Oct 1, 2011
Cool to have an SMS notification as a tasker action. I like that. I like having fewer apps instead of more.

Edit: The app works, the XML does not. Not sure why, as I didn't make any changes o the Tasker profile. I'm running a rooted stock VZW HTC One btw. (4.2.2)

I'm investigating why the xml isn't working :)

EDIT: if you haven't already, after importing the xml, go into the project and run the task called "ibPopup" which will give you a menu to activate the Popup.

Last edited:

TidusWulf

Sep 21, 2010
Seattle, WA
I'm investigating why the xml isn't working :)

EDIT: if you haven't already, after importing the xml, go into the project and run the task called "ibPopup" which will give you a menu to activate the Popup.

Crazy bug. It says "task FIX! doesn't exist."

well it obviously does. and when I click THAT it says "Task Clear All doesn't exist" and it's a never ending chain of nonexistent task errors :/

I use Tasker for a lot of things, included a couple other imported projects, and I've never ran into this issue before. Not only that, but there's no red triangle that usually shows up when a task isn't properly put together.

EDIT: I tried changign the variables for %ACTIVATION and %NOTIFY to On. It shows the incoming msg, but doesn't allow a response :(

Last edited:

ibCurlyFry

Oct 1, 2011
Crazy bug. It says "task FIX! doesn't exist."

well it obviously does. and when I click THAT it says "Task Clear All doesn't exist" and it's a never ending chain of nonexistent task errors :/

I use Tasker for a lot of things, included a couple other imported projects, and I've never ran into this issue before. Not only that, but there's no red triangle that usually shows up when a task isn't properly put together.

EDIT: I tried changign the variables for %ACTIVATION and %NOTIFY to On. It shows the incoming msg, but doesn't allow a response :(

I think it may be because I'm on Android 4.3 using a different version of Tasker..
I'm really busy lately so I don't have the time to troubleshoot this yet :/

Edit: Ima just upload another xml and a tasker backup and you guys can see if that works.
Uploaded. Backup your own Tasker and projects before you try to restore my Tasker.. And idk if it will work haha.

2.3.2 uploaded

Last edited:

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
I downloaded the one in the dropbox. The 232 one and it doesn't work. I click on the app and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Or which one should I get?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ibPopup
    Floating Unobtrusive SMS Popup

Most other popups:
    - Displays in the middle of the screen, blocking all other activities.
    - Requires the user to close the popup to interact with other apps.
    - Interrupts any other activities that are present at the time of the popup.

Floating and unobtrusive popups:
    + Does not interrupt or block existing activities when it is displayed.
    + Allows interaction with both the popup and underlying applications at the same time.
    + Floats at the top of the screen enabling users to operate other apps as if it wasn't even there.

Other features:
    Reply from within popup.
    Swipe to cycle through texts.
    Swipe to close.
    Press enter to send option.
    Holo colors and design.
    Ability to resize all text.
    Ability to move the vertical position of popup.
    Allows scrolling through long texts.
    Handles multiple texts from multiple people.
    Option for persistent notification.

App Info:
    .apk
    I created this app using Tasker in conjuction with Tasker App Factory
    You do not need tasker to run this app.
    I have provided a .apk file that can be installed if you enable the option "Install From Unknown Source" in system settings.
    .xml
    I have also provided the project's .xml which can be imported into Tasker and used through Tasker, just as it would in app form.
    Once imported, the project is able to be edited and customized to your needs.
    By all means, make any modifications you like, BUT if you do many any edits and post it publicly, please refer back to this thread, site it appropriately and give me credit for what i have created.
    How to import.

Known Bugs
    *When using the "Press Enter to send" option, a new line is shown when enter is pressed, though the blank line is not actually sent in the message.*
    *When two texts are received within half a second, the second text may not display correctly.*
    *Screens with different resolution/dpi/size will cause the popup to have a different size/location.*
    It can only handle texts from up to 5 different people.
    *Only able to scroll down through text in the center of popup (sides are reserved for swiping through texts)*
    Compose window displays differently on full screen.
    Importing the .xml project into tasker is borked for some people.

*Cannot be fixed at the moment due to Tasker limitations*

Links:
    Tasker Website
    Tasker Google Play
    Tasker App Factory Google Play
    Popup 7 (An app that is my inspiration which has similar features and is available through Google Play)

Press Thanks!

kb6e86.jpg

2la7ll1.jpg

2zisqo1.jpg

Press Thanks!
    Downloads

Last Updated 10/23
    Version 2.3.2

-Notification Click
    -Empty Compose Fix
    -various fixes

Files:

Dropbox ibPopup Folder
    Thanks! Didn't mean to sound rude, this is a lovely app and I'll probably use it forever!!! Thanks :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Np haha
    New version coming tonight or tomorrow
    -persistent notification option
    -start on boot
    -new tutorial
    -various fixes

Version 2.3 uploaded!

Should I re-download or reinstall?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

No I think the file went bad on the server, I'll re-upload momentarily sorry for inconvenience

Uploaded version 2.3.3
    Lemme know
    Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk