BOUNTY: unlock bootloader for CDMA Moto G at [$250]

Search This thread

motrinHD

Nov 30, 2011
Requirements to Receive Bounty
To earn the bounty, you simply have to find the exploit which will allow the following. You do not have to develop a recovery, or a kernel or a ROM, but you must provide with a working proof of concept, i.e. with a way which allows us to verify that the bootloader has been completely unlocked and that other developers can use this method to install recovery, kernel and ROMs.​

Other owners of the MOTO G XT1028 will then test your method, that when we give the bounty to who earns after we successfully test.

WE HAVE $250 for and unlocked bootloader and $60 for ROOT

Last edited:

motrinHD

Nov 30, 2011
The following people have pledged the following amounts for an unlocked bootloader unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Triumph750 -- $20

DragonRyderX -- $20 to 30

tstivers1990 -- $20

NWKENT -- $75 for Unlocked, $30 for Root exploit

luna_joao -- $20

d4rk3 -- $20 to $50

pfroo40 -- $20 For Root

motrinHD -- $20

mvnsnd -- $20

shorenster -- $20

hexed6 -- $25

JooseyJay -- $10 for Unlock, $10 For Root

SO FAR WE HAVE $250 for and unlocked bootloader and $60 for ROOT.

Last edited:

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
Honestly, I'm just interested in root without unlocking the bootloader. And we need to leave something open for the possibility of a work around, such as the bootstrap methods used on other phones.

redking117

Nov 3, 2009
Honestly, I'm just interested in root without unlocking the bootloader. And we need to leave something open for the possibility of a work around, such as the bootstrap methods used on other phones.

I almost want to say it's not worth it because you can buy the unlocked version for $100 more...

Then again I'd rather my money go to the devs, and it's pretty silly to have to pay to be able to free your phone from the grips of a greedy corporation.

motrinHD

Nov 30, 2011

you know, I kinda agree. but unlocked but loader would open so many doors. this is good, we need to discuss our goal. if more people agree with you I would change bounty.

I almost want to say it's not worth it because you can buy the unlocked version for $100 more...

Then again I'd rather my money go to the devs, and it's pretty silly to have to pay to be able to free your phone from the grips of a greedy corporation.

I agree with you in the sense of giving money to devs,but I say it is worth it because the gsm version can unlocked. sure they pay a little more, but they can also switch carriers

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010

Except for the fact that the only truly reliable network in my area is Verizon. Frankly, I'm tired of getting screwed with this stuff just because I'm rural.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

motrinHD

Nov 30, 2011
i am also always stuck with locked bootloadrs, thats why i wanted to start this.

so are the CDMA community simply not seeing this thread, or do you not care? please post.

ADonovan

Feb 13, 2014
Are we strictly talking the Verizon CDMA version?

I know that Boost and US Cell are both selling the Moto G. I would be interested in having detailed instructions for rooting and unlocking the bootloader for a Boost version

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
Are we strictly talking the Verizon CDMA version?

I know that Boost and US Cell are both selling the Moto G. I would be interested in having detailed instructions for rooting and unlocking the bootloader for a Boost version

Yes, this is just the Verizon version. I believe I've seen posts from people on boost that unlocked the same way as gsm.

Shawnsch

Jul 13, 2012
I'd be in on this the ability to flash Roms would be awesome. Unlocked boot loader would be really nice but root would be a good start to

motrinHD

Nov 30, 2011
so you guys think that root would be a more attainable goal?

Also, about boost Mobile Version. I didn't mention because i was reading through a thread and it sounded like many users were able to unlock their bootloader.

Mar 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
so you guys think that root would be a more attainable goal?

Also, about boost Mobile Version. I didn't mention because i was reading through a thread and it sounded like many users were able to unlock their bootloader.

The Boost mobile version version of the Moto G XT1031 has an unlockable bootloader but its not listed as supported on Motorola's website.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Triumph750

Nov 28, 2013
New Hampshire
Unlocked Bootloader for Verizon much needed

I would definitely make a donation of 20$ to get my bootloader unlocked. If I had known at the time of purchase I NEVER would have bought this phone!! I NEED Root. never had this problem with any other phone or carrier :(

Reactions: motrinHD

motrinHD

Nov 30, 2011
nice to see more people are on board!

Root would definitely be easier to achieve, perhaps edit the title to something like:

"BOUNTY: Unlock Bootloader and/or Root for XT1028"

I think the bounty should be clear. we should ask for root or bootloader, not both. MORE MEMBERS chime in on this please.

also when you post, let's also discuss the method we are going to raise money. In the OP I mentioned three.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
Personally, I'd rather pledge, then pay the person who does it. I know not everyone will go through with it, but I will.

DragonRyderX

Jun 26, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I am on board!

I would be down for donating 20 to 30 bucks for some ROM flashing abilities. Allow the XT1028 to have a recovery and I will show my gratitude monetarily. Bonus if someone could mimic the DROID3's safestrap "ROM slots" ability. Swap roms almost instantly is awesome. Where is HASHCODE when we need him!?

MMcCawley

Jan 30, 2014
Sorry, probably a dumb question but would this allow the Boost version of the Moto G to be unlocked as a GSM phone as well or just CDMA?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requirements to Receive Bounty
    To earn the bounty, you simply have to find the exploit which will allow the following. You do not have to develop a recovery, or a kernel or a ROM, but you must provide with a working proof of concept, i.e. with a way which allows us to verify that the bootloader has been completely unlocked and that other developers can use this method to install recovery, kernel and ROMs.​

Other owners of the MOTO G XT1028 will then test your method, that when we give the bounty to who earns after we successfully test.

WE HAVE $250 for and unlocked bootloader and $60 for ROOT
    I'll pledge $120 for unlocked bootloader
    Put me down for 20

We need this I miss Xposed
    Oh "LOOK" a couple XT1028 users..I thought I'm the only one on XDA with the 1028..adore this device, worth every cent..

Sent from my 4.3_14.14.14
    (Unlocked) XT1028 Moto G
    http://waynekent.com/page6.html

This whole thread is ABOUT the XT1028

okay this thread has been around a while its time i start taking names and pledges. Like the post above this one. IF you want to participate state how much you'll be willing to dish out to the cause.

lightningdude: thank you, for being active in all of this