[ROOT] One Click HTC One X (AT&T/Rogers/Others) (Win/Mac/Linux)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

catfarm

Feb 22, 2011
Works great

Thanks for this, now to figure out how to disable the capacitive touch button lights. Anyone else have swype beta installed and found that it shrunk quite a bit after this? I sort of like it smaller, though it is kind of ugly. *shrug*

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
already thanked you on the OP, Kenneth, but wanted to say thanks again after getting home and having absolutely no problems with it :)

joshuaadude

Feb 19, 2009
LA
I am utterly and completely lost on how to root this with my Mac. I understand that I need to install ADB but I dont get anything I just read in there. Nothing works for me.

jtwlbz

Apr 29, 2012
Earth
just rooted mine. really easy. i see SU app instealled. so i think mine went well.
then now i don't know what to do with this rooting. lol

joshuaadude

Feb 19, 2009
LA
I'm not sure how to get it working on mac (I used my Windows 8 BootCamp partition) but you don't have to install ADB. ADB is included in the root.zip folder

I am trying it on a PC right now (winXP) and I am getting adb errors. I installed the drivers and the phone is recognized, but I dont have adb or htcsync installed. When I run the command, I see that adb.exe pops up on the task manager but it keeps coming back every time I kill the process. I also tried typing in "adb kill-process" in cmd and it didnt work.

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT I THINK IM IN!

Last edited:

kizax

Mar 28, 2012
Belgrade
The mac script is saved in Win format and needs a couple other tweaks... However running each command individually worked a treat for me on my MBP / AT&T HOX. Unless someone beats me to it I'll tweak the script and PM it to you kennethpenn for your approval.

"You have our gratitude"

hi, do you have the the script for the mac?

ratchetjaw

Jan 26, 2009
So glad I checked XDA before I shipped back my One X to AT&T :D

Thanks to those for the exploit and kenneth for the tool. ;)

Yeah I should have. Took mine back thus morning lol. It's okay though. My International one should be here tomorrow and already have Roms ready to load after I root

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Doesn't appear to work on mac or linux. The script is written to run from kenneth's home directory.

I could totally be wrong, but thats how it appears if the scripts are opened in text edit.

LOL, don't know much about coding, do you? The line, "kenneth=adb-linux" means that typing $kenneth on future lines is the equivelent of typing "adb-linux". I'm sure he's faster at typing his name than he is at typing adb-linux over and over.

I got this method to work on my Ubuntu Linux box. Instead of dos2linux or whatever, I just opened the linux-root.sh file, copied everything in it, and created a new root.sh file with the same contents. Then I set the permissions with "chmod a+x root.sh" and ran the file with ./root.sh. Everything worked perfectly! I think I saw that Kenneth had updated the Mac and Linux scripts, but if not, try what I did.

Thanks to everyone that made this root possible! I really appreciate it!

Billy

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Oh, as far as the TAMPERED flag... could somebody try checking for the flag in between reboots so we can see what actually triggered the flag? This would need to be somebody that can root it manually, instead of letting the script run

If we find out exactly what triggers the flag, then we've got a much better shot at turning it off or avoiding it all together.

Thanks,
Billy

sparkym3

Dec 31, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7 (2013)
Reactions: kennethpenn

SEscobedo

Apr 3, 2010
Well I did the root and it rebooted around 4 times. The third time after it rebooted, the cmd prompt closed. The phone finished booting up and then rebooted a 4th time. After it rebooted again, the power to my laptop died (ugh). My phone came back up like normal. I see the SuperSU in my Apps. But when I go to install the FMRadio from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1632238, it gives me a 'application not installed' message. So I'm guessing it didn't fully root???

albmob

Dec 7, 2007
Clifton N,J

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-09-19-53-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-09-19-53-58.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 258

Yze

Feb 2, 2006
just did it on my windows machine. worked flawlessly. opened up the app area and saw SU. opened it and it asked to update it, did so and everything is working smoothly.

ran titanium backup and it is working like a charm. froze all the bloat!

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CNZ3d.png
    What will this do?
    This will root your One X, install Busybox, and install the SuperSU application for rights management.​
    Instructions

1. Download and install the HTC mobile phone drivers. [Windows]
    2. Download the mod edit: link removed
    3. Extract root.zip into a directory on your computer.
    4. Plug your HTC One X into your computer via USB. Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.
    5. Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X. Settings >> Developer Options >>USB debugging (checked)
    6. Double click root.bat/root-linux.sh/root-mac.sh to run the script.
    7. Congratulations! Your device will reboot a number of times and then you will have full root access.
    Who do I thank?
    Don't thank me. Thank sparkym3 for this exploit. Thank crisis187 for testing it out first! Thanks viperboy for the primetime tool!​
    Linux/Mac untested. Should be working now. Let me know if there are problems.
    Now it should work. File host problem. My bad guys!
    Tips:

-Disable HTC Sync when you do this
    -Make sure the port is open
    -kill existing ADB.exe processes

otherwise you can get adb server out of date messages and a few other errors
    Another quick question (and maybe something that should be mentioned in the OP for other folks), does this reset the device? Any backup of settings/apps needs to be done prior?

No it does not.

Edit: heading to bed (5:36 AM) so I'll be up in 8 or so hours for more questions and support.
    Tips:

-Disable HTC Sync when you do this
    -Make sure the port is open
    -kill existing ADB.exe processes

otherwise you can get adb server out of date messages and a few other errors

Should already do that with adb kill-server command.