[RADIO] Flash OFFICIAL Radios without ENG HBOOT

Search This thread

GutterIsATool

Jun 23, 2010
Tulsa
Alright, I'm going to cash in my monthly noob question card. How can I check which radios I'm currently running?

Edit: Nevermind. Found it. Bootloader.

Last edited:

motumbo

Aug 7, 2010
Anybody has some other radios to try out? I'm having issues with my local network provider it gives me an error in logcat saying invalid radio technology.

I'd like to try radios because phone works ok with other providers.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

rfarrah

May 30, 2008
OKC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Anybody has some other radios to try out? I'm having issues with my local network provider it gives me an error in logcat saying invalid radio technology.

I'd like to try radios because phone works ok with other providers.

It would be nice to see a simple Radios thread with all/any that are out there. I could be wrong, but I think the problem is that I think there are only two: original and new.

Reactions: phuckwithfire

Ajj915

Jun 18, 2010
Tampa
Is there a reason that we cant just flash radios in recovery?

rlewis312010

Feb 16, 2011
Been trying to get an answer, posted this on the eng hboot thread also (few days ago). I have eng hboot, can I just flash "radio.zip" and move on? Or must I fastboot it like in this thread's OP. Was also wondering if I could recover as long as I did not mess with the eng hboot. Like if I tried a radio and it was not going to work, or was flashed incorrectly? I came from a Droid Bionic. LOCKED, could not flash this stuff, COULD try roms using "safe strap" which was okay. If somebody would clarify this for me I would appreciate it.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Been trying to get an answer, posted this on the eng hboot thread also (few days ago). I have eng hboot, can I just flash "radio.zip" and move on? Or must I fastboot it like in this thread's OP. Was also wondering if I could recover as long as I did not mess with the eng hboot. Like if I tried a radio and it was not going to work, or was flashed incorrectly? I came from a Droid Bionic. LOCKED, could not flash this stuff, COULD try roms using "safe strap" which was okay. If somebody would clarify this for me I would appreciate it.

AFAIK people with external sdcard's are the only ones who can flash zips with radio's and stuff in recovery or bootloader, like if you notice when you boot into bootloader you don't see it checking for files like htc devices with sdcards do

rlewis312010

Feb 16, 2011
AFAIK people with external sdcard's are the only ones who can flash zips with radio's and stuff in recovery or bootloader, like if you notice when you boot into bootloader you don't see it checking for files like htc devices with sdcards do
Thanks. About recovery from bad flash? Anything should be recoverable as long as hboot remains, correct? Or, will a radio flash error cause a hard brick?

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Thanks. About recovery from bad flash? Anything should be recoverable as long as hboot remains, correct? Or, will a radio flash error cause a hard brick?

yea, if you have ship hboot everything should be good , i think flashing a bad hboot could cause a brick but im not sure havent had a bad flash (*knock on wood*) but I dont usually mess with that stuff, set once and done kind of thing

goinflyn

Jun 25, 2011
yea, if you have ship hboot everything should be good , i think flashing a bad hboot could cause a brick but im not sure havent had a bad flash (*knock on wood*) but I dont usually mess with that stuff, set once and done kind of thing

When I flashed the radio, only the following radios installed - 0,36,73 and 100. Is that what should have flashed or is it missing other radios?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all, Let me start this off first by saying I am in no way shape or form a developer. I am just providing the Guide/Steps to install only the new radio without needing the Engineering Hboot. It also skips the steps of reflashing your boot.img and recovery image that get over written if you flash the firmware.zip

Items you will need before installing radio
    -ADB and Fastboot connectivity
    -S-OFF
    -Radio.zip in file location that you will be executing the fastboot commands (ie. c/DNA/DNA Unclock/)
    Thanks to lazarus2297 for compiling the radio zip into a fashable form to eliminate the need to reflash BOOT/Recovery

Radio ZIp- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30538029/radio.zip

STEP 1- Verify ADB connectivity with your PC

C:\android\DNA Unlock>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    FA2B9S503169 device

STEP 2- Rebot Bootloader

C:\android\DNA Unlock>adb reboot bootloader

STEP 3- execute Fastboot OEM RebootRUU command

C:\android\DNA Unlock>fastboot oem rebootRUU
    (bootloader) Start Verify: 0
    OKAY [ 0.159s]
    finished. total time: 0.160s

STEP 4- Fastboot Flash radio.zip

C:\android\DNA Unlock>fastboot flash zip radio.zip
    sending 'zip' (18514 KB)...
    OKAY [ 1.989s]
    writing 'zip'...
    (bootloader) zip header checking...
    (bootloader) zip info parsing...
    (bootloader) checking model ID...
    (bootloader) checking custom ID...
    (bootloader) start image[radio] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,0
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,9
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,18
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,27
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,36
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,41
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,50
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,59
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,68
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,73
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,82
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,87
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,95
    (bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,100
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,radio,0
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,radio,36
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,radio,73
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,radio,100
    (bootloader) ...... Successful
    OKAY [ 6.913s]
    finished. total time: 8.904s

STEP 5- Reboot

C:\android\DNA Unlock>fastboot reboot
    rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.047s

STEP 6 VERIFY BASEBAND

Thanks to JCase, DSB, Beaups and all the real developers who made S-OFF possible on the DNA
    NVM, I figured it out. I do have a question. Why can't we just flash this zip in CWR now that we have S-OFF? I thought that was one of the benefits, at least it was on my Galaxy Nexus.

I don't think so.. this zip was not designed to be flashed in recovery.. there are no scripts in the zip just the android info txt file and the radio.img
    Was told these steps would eliminate my Wifi issues.

If you took the OTA, then you already have these radios.
    Your WiFi issues are likely related to improper flashing of kernel/modules. When you flashed your last ROM, what kernel did you use? The 2 most popular around here are DSB's Cubed kernel, and Elkay's kernel.
    You must unzip the kernel files into their own dedicated folder so you can access them.
    These kernels come with a 'modules' zip file that must be flashed separately in recovery before everything will function correctly. If you're only flashing the boot.img, then there is your problem.

To flash the boot.img, you should use the IMG Flash GUI app (in Android), or via fastboot, and then immediately reboot to recovery and flash the modules.
    I always also wipe cache and Dalvik cache too.

Sent from my HTC DNA
    Does anyone have the md5 of the radio . zip?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

This is what i have for the md5
    42A32022381C70E060E1B5671A2E5C70
    like anything that you would flash in the bootloader

usually you would put it in a P83IMG.zip file (on the root of the sdcard) and then the bootloader would say press up to flash press down for no

like to update the radios

im just asking becaues on all other HTC devices ive owned you could do this before

instead of flashing them through fastboot oem rebootRUU

No SD card, correct.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium