Can't send MMS with wifi enabled

Search This thread

xanderharris86

Aug 7, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
So I've seen this asked multiple times with no answer, hopefully someone knows something they haven't posted? (Or I didn't find?)

I can't seem to send MMS messages unless I disable wifi.

No, mobile data is not shut off, it is working perfectly fine. I can even receive MMS with no issue, but SENDING doesn't happen until I disable wifi. I can sit with it enabled for a few minutes, disable it, and it will immediately send. I tried the goSMS/Handcent trick, no luck.

I've had this issue for months, but honestly I don't send THAT many mms messages where it's an issue, so I forget to ask usually. Has anyone found a decent fix for this?

xnatex21

Jun 3, 2010
So I've seen this asked multiple times with no answer, hopefully someone knows something they haven't posted? (Or I didn't find?)

I can't seem to send MMS messages unless I disable wifi.

No, mobile data is not shut off, it is working perfectly fine. I can even receive MMS with no issue, but SENDING doesn't happen until I disable wifi. I can sit with it enabled for a few minutes, disable it, and it will immediately send. I tried the goSMS/Handcent trick, no luck.

I've had this issue for months, but honestly I don't send THAT many mms messages where it's an issue, so I forget to ask usually. Has anyone found a decent fix for this?

I have the same issue. I typically just toggle off wifi until it sends and then toggle it back on. Annoying, I know. But, I've done factory resets and had the same issue come back eventually which leads me to think an app that gets automatically downloaded is the culprit. I'm on 4.3 TW rooted w/ locked bootloader (god bless replacements).

xanderharris86

Aug 7, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
I have the same issue. I typically just toggle off wifi until it sends and then toggle it back on. Annoying, I know. But, I've done factory resets and had the same issue come back eventually which leads me to think an app that gets automatically downloaded is the culprit. I'm on 4.3 TW rooted w/ locked bootloader (god bless replacements).

I was able to find a fix after searching for a while... at least for MY version of the problem. I rebooted into TWRP and "fixed permissions" and then it started working fine again... at least for now.

Reactions: xnatex21

Blunt31

Aug 23, 2013
Chicago
If you're still having this issue, it could be your APN. That seems to be a common issue with mms not working properly.

I had the same issue with my GS3 after I installed MOAR. I tried everything including checking my APN with no success. Eventually I replaced my secmms.apk with a port from the Note 3 and it worked fine after that.

Are you rooted? Running custom rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I was able to find a fix after searching for a while... at least for MY version of the problem. I rebooted into TWRP and "fixed permissions" and then it started working fine again... at least for now.