[Q][Help] No service after rooting my Galaxy S3?

Search This thread

pcTw3aker7788

Jul 30, 2012
I haven't been able to find a solution to this yet. I rooted my phone last night and after that, I lost my signal. All I get in the top corner is the circle with the line through it in place of the signal bars. I've tried everything I can think of. I've re-downloaded the files and re-flashed my phone twice. I've even unrooted my phone and put the stock rom back on there and still nothing. I'm kind of at a loss right now and could use some advice on how to fix this. So if anyone knows a solution to this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

colddonkey

Jun 18, 2010
KALAMAZOO
No service...bummed

If you're on stock try ##72786# in the dialer

I am having this same issue...sadly :confused:

I've never had this happen with any of my other devices. Will I have to unroot back to stock, or can I use a stock rooted ROM? Because after dialing ##72786# in the dialer, it rebooted, and now says "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" every two seconds...and still no service.

I'm worried, but am confident someone should be able to help me out on xda. I'm so impressed at all of the work that takes place on here. I wish I had the time to be able to learn how help others like myself in situations like this. :highfive:

Thanks to whoever can help.

Reactions: dc5ftw

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State

I've never had this happen with any of my other devices. Will I have to unroot back to stock, or can I use a stock rooted ROM? Because after dialing ##72786# in the dialer, it rebooted, and now says "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" every two seconds...and still no service.

I'm worried, but am confident someone should be able to help me out on xda. I'm so impressed at all of the work that takes place on here. I wish I had the time to be able to learn how help others like myself in situations like this. :highfive:

Just flash stock recovery, when done with service menu, flash CWM. Have to have stock recovery temporarily just for service menu.

this message brought to you by my GalaxyS3 running Phantom's Blazer v1.6

colddonkey

Jun 18, 2010
KALAMAZOO
Just flash stock recovery, when done with service menu, flash CWM. Have to have stock recovery temporarily just for service menu.

Ugh! It didn't work. The com.android.phone has stopped error kept popping up and interrupting the service menu. So, I turned on airplane mode to stop error message...able to run service menu...but when it rebooted there still was no service...

This sucks...

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

It appears to be a complete network failure...

I did a factory reset, then tried the service menu again. Rebooted to the same issue...UGH!!

I'm at a loss...

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Ugh! It didn't work. The com.android.phone has stopped error kept popping up and interrupting the service menu. So, I turned on airplane mode to stop error message...able to run service menu...but when it rebooted there still was no service...

This sucks...

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

It appears to be a complete network failure...

I did a factory reset, then tried the service menu again. Rebooted to the same issue...UGH!!

I'm at a loss...

Out of curiosity what happens when you do *#06# in the dialer? U still get a imei? Phone for closing is intriqing. Make a nadroid, wipe data/factory reset and format /system as well then reflash ur rom. If ur good after that advance restore the /data from ur nandroid

Last edited:

colddonkey

Jun 18, 2010
KALAMAZOO
RESOLVED

Yup if u odind stock and did the ##72786# u might have an issue. Take it back

Hey...I found out why I didn't have service and was able to fix it. When I had flashed AOKP, there is a setting in the Mobile Networks screen to change the CDMA subscription to RUIM/SIM. Somehow (probably playing around) I changed it from the NV to RUIM/SIM. THEN, I nandroided back to stock, and had no service. As far as I know, that CDMA Subscription option isn't on the STOCK ROM...so I was baffled. Good thing I remembered what I did.

Thanks for all of your help.

Can anyone direct me to a link to alleviate an issue with only getting 1x data with AOKP? I can't seem to find a fix for it yet...I think I might not even have data actually...

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Hey...I found out why I didn't have service and was able to fix it. When I had flashed AOKP, there is a setting in the Mobile Networks screen to change the CDMA subscription to RUIM/SIM. Somehow (probably playing around) I changed it from the NV to RUIM/SIM. THEN, I nandroided back to stock, and had no service. As far as I know, that CDMA Subscription option isn't on the STOCK ROM...so I was baffled. Good thing I remembered what I did.

Can anyone direct me to a link to alleviate an issue with only getting 1x data with AOKP? I can't seem to find a fix for it yet...I think I might not even have data actually...

I humbly say... Stay away from aokp stuff at least until jb is official... try out the Freegs3 model of roms... It's got aroma! :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

muhammad.ali123

Apr 20, 2011
I have same problem on my s3. It shows circle with diagonal line instead of signal.
I upgraded my firmware from rooted LE8 to official LH1 through kies firmware initialisation menu. because kies gives me message " cannot use kies to update ".
But after update i got this problem .
Any ideas. I am fully stock now.
Tried factory reset but it did not work

[

Echodawg

Jun 18, 2010
Boston
Thanks!!! Worked for me!

I did the same thing, Thanks for remembering and posting this fix!

I tried everything I could think of and I was about to go to a sprint store and beg for help.
Thanks again Colddonkey!

Reactions: afterthought325

fotoflojoe

May 7, 2010

Heh, I did the EXACT SAME thing!
Fumbled around for a couple hours trying to fix the issue - thought I killed my S3 until I stumbled across this.
Thanks for posting, it saved my butt!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RESOLVED

Yup if u odind stock and did the ##72786# u might have an issue. Take it back

I`m having same problem on a i9305

Did you attempt my method?
    I cant see how you can update prl/profile without a signal. couldve told u that wouldnt work.
    Try what ive posted above if you didnt already

If that dont work you need to reflash the stock rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904099) and do the ##72786# trick

Man, I tried the ##72786# and I get the following message:
    Connection Problem or invalid MMI code

I'm loosing signal, when I try to call it doesn't complete the call and even with my S3 showing signal when I call to it's on the mail box...

any clue?

I lost signal after flash a custom rom. I tried to get back to the original twice, full wipe and stuff but nothing... signal keeps dropping...

Thanks
    No service...bummed

Try this. It s a dialer reset code

https://twitter.com/pof/status/250540790491787264
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app