DELETED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
W

Wambo_Bomb

I have the Slim Bean on right now and it runs just awesome.

What's the differences between these 2? Slimbean and CM?

Do you prefer one over the other?

Truly comes down to preference, but to me personally, CM runs more smooth with less issue, but as oodork stated, it is not as feature rich.

W

Wambo_Bomb

Yeah I wasnt crazy about CM/Trebuchet....... A little on the bloated side for me.... Nova runs well though.

PrO...

Feb 25, 2008
I can't seem to get instagram to work since I loaded this rom on my wife's phone. It freezes every time I press the blue button in the top corner after picking the filter. She keeps bugging me about it so I figured I'd bug you guys. ;)

chrisstl

Jul 23, 2012
St. Louis
chriswinnett.com
I can't seem to get instagram to work since I loaded this rom on my wife's phone. It freezes every time I press the blue button in the top corner after picking the filter. She keeps bugging me about it so I figured I'd bug you guys. ;)

That's a problem in most JB ROMs on the EVO from my experience. Slimbean & Instagram worked for me though.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Reactions: tkacer and PrO...

chrisstl

Jul 23, 2012
St. Louis
chriswinnett.com
Too much Cyanogen? lol
uploadfromtaptalk1367684694070.jpg
Great work on this ROM Wambo! Sorry it took me so long to flash it! :D

chrisstl

Jul 23, 2012
St. Louis
chriswinnett.com
The only real feedback I have on this is it seems like there is some slight lag in the window animations when compared to Slimbean and definitely compared to the AOKP ROM. However, the device has still been running cool and haven't had a single FC or hot reboot, so yeah this is great!

I'm curious, what does the update address that you're holding onto?? :D

chrisstl

Jul 23, 2012
St. Louis
chriswinnett.com
I don't know how, but on my phone, a straight install of this ROM is faster than overclocked AOKP and Slimbean (1036 vs 998) with other tweaks like app zip alignment, etc. Those ROMs have more settings, but I'm addicted to this ROM's speed.:D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Have you done A2SD or no? I'm to the point where I feel like the number of apps and SD lag is what's slowing me down.

What's also weird to me is the dev Bilgerryan released a CM10 ROM a while back that everyone said was smoother and faster than anything else, but my EVO ran it terribly. Maybe my OG just doesn't like CyanogenMod lol?

Last edited:
W

Wambo_Bomb

Most of the lag attributed to cm in my experience with it so far has been trebuchet. I put on Nova with zero animations and it zoom zooms. I although I haven't tried a2sd, so that 'may' also contribute.

bnasty06

Jan 16, 2012
Have you done A2SD or no? I'm to the point where I feel like the number of apps and SD lag is what's slowing me down.

What's also weird to me is the dev Bilgerryan released a CM10 ROM a while back that everyone said was smoother and faster than anything else, but my EVO ran it terribly. Maybe my OG just doesn't like CyanogenMod lol?

i had the same issue bilgerryan rom what i have found out about my phone is it doesnt run play very well with roms tht have the v6 supercharger integrated in them
you should have no problem with this cm10 its def worth a try

Reactions: chrisstl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We need to get wambo recognized developer status...

Sent from my slimed evo using xda app-developers app
    Even though I'm running Slim Bean, I couldn't resist this CyanogenMod homescreen... :D

uploadfromtaptalk1371785524310.jpg

I flashed w/ the newest radio for EVO from your post chrisstl (http://themikmik.com/showthread.php...-01-15-2-16-13&p=174916&viewfull=1#post174916) and 3G is still not working.

I then realized something: when i go to system settings>about phone>status, my IP address is "unavailable" and bluetooth address is unavailable when I'm off my wi-fi network. Could this be the cause of my problem not being able to connect to sprint's 3G data?

Edit: my bluetooth address became available when I turned BT on (duh)... and I also get an IP address when I connect to my wi-fi network.

So my question remains: is the sprint network unable to recognize my phone to grant me an IP address so I can get 3G access? Or does this issue have to do w/ the rom install?
    As was already stated, you have to be on a Sprint-based Sense ROM for the refresh signal to do anything. Booting up such a ROM and updating your data profile will fix you right up. There's no way to fix it while on an AOSP-based ROM.
    I don't think many people realize this thread moved sections. Bump
    Now that this latest build has settled in I gotta say it doesn't get much smoother than this for Jelly Bean on the OG EVO. There hasn't been any reboots and there's zero lag. I've been running official CM10.1 nightlies on my Galaxy Tab 2 for a while and this ROM feels just as smooth!