Slow Data Speed After Custom Rom Note 3 N900W8

Search This thread

Antoni0_23

Dec 18, 2012
Ponce
Hello all. I have my Note 3 flashed with NoteX 10 and it is working flawlessly. The battery life, speed and customization is second to none. Thanks a lot to polish_pat on posting this method to retain knox and let us flash custom roms,root and kernels. However, I'm having sluggish download speeds when using my data plan. I'm not certain if this has to do with the kernel or the modem and I'd like some help on this. My phone is from Claro PR and I'm using the kernel/modem from the NoteX 10 ROM. I tried extracting the ROM from the Official Claro PR Firmware but when I try to flash it ODIN freezes. If anyone can help me it will be greatly appreciated.

bibo979

Jun 2, 2013
Hello all. I have my Note 3 flashed with NoteX 10 and it is working flawlessly. The battery life, speed and customization is second to none. Thanks a lot to polish_pat on posting this method to retain knox and let us flash custom roms,root and kernels. However, I'm having sluggish download speeds when using my data plan. I'm not certain if this has to do with the kernel or the modem and I'd like some help on this. My phone is from Claro PR and I'm using the kernel/modem from the NoteX 10 ROM. I tried extracting the ROM from the Official Claro PR Firmware but when I try to flash it ODIN freezes. If anyone can help me it will be greatly appreciated.

Hey,

Im using the same phone (N900W8) and had similar problems with the same rom. What worked for me....

1) Using the latest version of TWRP I made a full backup of the stock rom to sd card.
(incase you didn't make a backup go HERE to get stock files)

2) Format internal storage & flash xnote 10 rom with desired settings. (After flashing rom, I had to flash the WIFI Fix)

3) In TRWP menu I then restored only the efs and Modem from the stock backup I made earlier.

After the restore my signal strength increased quite a bit. I find that the Network Signal Speed Booster app also helps!

Antoni0_23

Dec 18, 2012
Ponce
Hey,

Im using the same phone (N900W8) and had similar problems with the same rom. What worked for me....

1) Using the latest version of TWRP I made a full backup of the stock rom to sd card.
(incase you didn't make a backup go HERE to get stock files)

2) Format internal storage & flash xnote 10 rom with desired settings. (After flashing rom, I had to flash the WIFI Fix)

3) In TRWP menu I then restored only the efs and Modem from the stock backup I made earlier.

After the restore my signal strength increased quite a bit. I find that the Network Signal Speed Booster app also helps!

I did everything you said and I succesfully backed up the efs and modem . Now I'm having problems reinstalling TWRP since it doesn't seem to install. I currently have CWM installed with no issues. I've tried to flash TWRP with Odin (like I did to backup my EFS and Modem), flash it via GooManager and Install it through CWM with no luck at all. It seems to install and after rebooting it says loading recovery, loads a black screen, vibrates and reboots itself. Any help with this ?

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
I did everything you said and I succesfully backed up the efs and modem . Now I'm having problems reinstalling TWRP since it doesn't seem to install. I currently have CWM installed with no issues. I've tried to flash TWRP with Odin (like I did to backup my EFS and Modem), flash it via GooManager and Install it through CWM with no luck at all. It seems to install and after rebooting it says loading recovery, loads a black screen, vibrates and reboots itself. Any help with this ?

If you have 4.4 bootloader, then you have to flash this instead. The one for N900W8 doesn't work ( at least for me ) on 4.4 BL.

Antoni0_23

Dec 18, 2012
Ponce
SOLVED: "if you run a nandroid backup on the new phone, compare the numbers for that backup with the numbers for the old backup you want to restore. they will be different numbers. i had this issue before and changing the numbers from the old backup to the same numbers of the new backup fixed the problem. then TWRP will see the nandroid for you to restore. the folder inside "TWRP" then the folder inside "BACKUPS" that is the folder you want to rename. it will be a number like.....mine is 9202f5d1. thats the number specific to that exact phone. good luck. "

Antoni0_23

Dec 18, 2012
Ponce
SOLVED: "if you run a nandroid backup on the new phone, compare the numbers for that backup with the numbers for the old backup you want to restore. they will be different numbers. i had this issue before and changing the numbers from the old backup to the same numbers of the new backup fixed the problem. then TWRP will see the nandroid for you to restore. the folder inside "TWRP" then the folder inside "BACKUPS" that is the folder you want to rename. it will be a number like.....mine is 9202f5d1. thats the number specific to that exact phone. good luck. "

I restored the efs and the modem and I'm still having issues with slow internet connection. I looked up the APN settings and they are correct.

Reyland

Nov 6, 2009
Bayamon
I think the problem is that we, Claro Puerto Rico users don't have the proper 4.4.2 modem since there is no update yet for us.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app