Aqtrans' CM-5.07 port for Kaiser/Vogue! [v1.2] [5/27]

Search This thread

deezy7

Oct 30, 2007
GTA
I had a freez while in idle (first time); mayb due to jit (gives always problems on G1)

I have had a few completely random resets. One today right in the middle of a phone call...

:(

After the sms situation with Incubus' build, and now this...I'm really thinking about purchasing a true Android phone. BUT, with all the current and frequent Android updates, and the rapid pace that phones are coming out at now, I just think it'd be crazy to do that :( :( :(

I guess the old adage that beggars can't be choosers is true though huh...lol

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
I have had a few completely random resets. One today right in the middle of a phone call...

:(

After the sms situation with Incubus' build, and now this...I'm really thinking about purchasing a true Android phone. BUT, with all the current and frequent Android updates, and the rapid pace that phones are coming out at now, I just think it'd be crazy to do that :( :( :(

I guess the old adage that beggars can't be choosers is true though huh...lol
I just did that a week ago (In a few months I will have a stable CM froyo release on my g1), but I'll miss my precious keyboard (really liked that, I even had a touch pro for about a week (didn't like the keyboard and buttons). I had a SE p990i before (very small keys, but was fine).

It's nice as a project, but in the end everyone will go for a real android phone (even myn who's porting warm donut that so many people like). But it's nice that it's here, it took me a while to get used to android and to see the huge advantages (Gapps, no interruptions on tomtom like in windows,...). Without this project I would still be using windows mobile.

Btw those ports (No one makes roms themselves for kaiser) had bad/very few updates compared to the original(not including the original updates).

And look at for example the kernel: others use 2.6.34, while the kaiser uses an old kernel.

The possibilities that the G1 has are amazing (like those options for recovery). On kaiser I hardly dare to erase dalvin cache (gives crashes).

You can find the G1 for around 150€ (I paid 120€) , I will wait till a good phone comes out (and not to expensive, I want to experiment and never buy new things (like cars, phones)) (not the motorola milestone (to expensive, there are hardly any roms, secured encrypted bootloader).

Last edited:

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
Got my G1 phone: has cm 4 on it (rooted already): this blows the kaiser away.

Screen is much better: responsive (feeling), clear, bigger and everything is really fast(wait max 1sec between switching between apps).

The phone is beautifull: looks very ugly on pictures on the internet.

deezy7

Oct 30, 2007
GTA
ooooh nice...congrats! How do you like the keyboard feel? When I tried it out, I wasn't too fond of the big space on the right cuz of the trackball and stuff, sorta like the Droid...

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
ooooh nice...congrats! How do you like the keyboard feel? When I tried it out, I wasn't too fond of the big space on the right cuz of the trackball and stuff, sorta like the Droid...
Keyboard isn't as good as the kaiser (I think I get used to it, I also had problems with the kaiser keyboard when I came from the SE P990i).
I hardly use the trackball (great multitouch touchscreen).

I paid 120€ (130dollars): included 8GB microSD+larger battery (2400mah)+covers+something to put it into (little, very handy bag).
If I had a lot of money (willing) to spend I'll still would buy the milestone.

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
Today this build crashed my phone completly: after a few weeks (doing nothing with it except calling and receiving sms and reading gmail, standard build, no additional apps installed).