[ROM] [Aug 9] [Dutty's WM6.5 Leo R1 Test] [CE OS 5.2.23008] ]CHANGELOG 1-5][RELEASE]

Search This thread

Pandemoniumone

Apr 5, 2008
Sacramento
Just had time to test a few known problems:
- Notes synchronization is fixed
- ROM feels smooth and fast, will have a better feel for it tomorrow.
- No issues with timezones

Its almost 5 am here, I'll be using R8 a lot tomorrow so I'll have a better feel for other things such as SMS & battery etc.

Good night everyone.

That's interesting as I still have a problem with my timezone. It's still three hours behind in my local city :confused:

Anyway, goodnight bro!

edwinlinkt

Mar 28, 2007
BSB
e-Sword Quit Automatically :(

The program, e-Sword (Bible Reader), quit automatically if i try to highlight/select the bible verse text. Else it works. No problem with viewing & scrolling.

Anyone of you come across this problem? Any solution? Thanks :confused:

jaypeev_9

Jul 30, 2008
California
That's interesting as I still have a problem with my timezone. It's still three hours behind in my local city :confused:

Anyway, goodnight bro!

I got problem with my time zone too... Note sychronization works fine. And no other problem with this great ROM!!! It's pretty fast, smooth and stable...

Thanks you as usual Dutty for this ROM! We'll report if I encountered some problem.

iori

Jul 23, 2008
Wow this thread is growing fast :D

I Used the R7 rom and it works fine except the messaging bugs
As i read this thread, seems like the messaging bug is fixed

Two questions:
1. What will be the difference between 23xxx and 219xx build?
2. Is this rom included 2D/3D driver or that driver need to be installed to upgrade graphic performance?

Testing right now

moshbeard

Nov 16, 2008
Another quality ROM, however I must complain about the Start Menu behaviour, after finding I needed to change a different file than usual to change the Start Menu layout in R6 I had no problems, now however I find that when changing the .cpr files the menu goes absolutely crazy with the background becoming a huge mess and icons being hard to see. In addition I find that when changing the wallpaper it no longer dims the image so text below icons is very difficult to read.

I know that Dutty wants to provide a complete package but I would much prefer just the default 6.5 Start Menu with no modifications and for the user to make changes since the way Tom's extender is set up makes it much more difficult to make alterations, which I feel I need to since the misaligned text below icons really bugs me.

Other than that I'm very happy with the new ROM.

Pandemoniumone

Apr 5, 2008
Sacramento
In R6, when I selected the dutty muchos file as my background wallpaper in the Today Settings the start menu has this background but in R8 it is still displaying the default, is this normal?

I've found in order for the background change to take affect you have to soft reset. This wasn't the case in R6 but it works for me.

sexpest

Jul 13, 2006
Staffordshire
possible fault.

another gr8 rom. aimed at bug reporting. after I add or associate more than 4-5 contacts to my facebook contacts list, it seems to not let me add any more. an even crashed once whilst doing so. just thought I'd share.thanks Damien

Auxarius

Mar 8, 2008
Poznan
Works for me.. All Tab and tab icons too :D (See screen shot)

You using latest HDWall 2.24?
Try set it to TF3d 2.1 All Tabs "No Compression" :D

Works nicely - looks like there's some problem with CFC compression. With CFC enabled it's messing up background, tested on HDWall versions 0.22b and 0.24b. Tho since it works I guess the problem is solved ;)

Not sure I quite understand what you mean by unlocking "without standby". I've set my device to auto lock after 1 min for testing purposes. I'm not having an issue with the backlight not returning to its normal state after unlocking.

Have you installed any 3rd party apps or tweaks?

After 35 seconds without activity device goes to auto-lock (WM6.5 default one) and shuts down backlight. Now after tapping on it and/or unlocking it, it doesn't light up. I have to go through standby (as in press power button) and only then I get backlight again.
The same problem was present in previous 6.5 releases.
I'm activating 6.5s default locker by editing HKCU - ControlPanel - BackLight - AutoDeviceLockEnable (0->1). Before do so backlight works fine.
*Has an idea*
Well, I've poked with settings a bit and the only solution I found to this problem is to untick backlight auto off. Chaining AutoLockTimeout doesn't work - it's either not showing longer or shows immediately after backlight goes off.

Last edited:

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
timezone affects some cities only. E.g. I added Liverpool, Houston, San Francisco, Grenoble as the cities in the world time screen, the timezone/clock are all correct for the respective cities. But Geneva came out wrong (same timezone as San Francisco instead), so I think it's not something that affect all cities.

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Once Again Dutty, congrats on ur amazing progress. Downloading and Flashing now. Can anyone please provide me with a HD Wall Cab that will work on Duttys New R8.

Thanks

You can get the cab here. Mahe sure to set the profile to Manila 2.1 without compression and it works perfectly.

Hi Thanks for the Rom. been upgrading last few of Dutty's roms, there awesome.

I am not getting the Duttys Muchos wallpaper theme on all the Minilla tabs. Its only showing on the first tab after I changed it in the wallpaper setting. Is there a fix for the tom and bottom curtains as well.

thanks

Vik

Use HD Wall (see link above).

Cabs for No Top & Bottom curtains attached below.

In R6, when I selected the dutty muchos file as my background wallpaper in the Today Settings the start menu has this background but in R8 it is still displaying the default, is this normal?

+1. I am also having a problem trying to change the Today/Menu wallpaper. I used to be able to go to Start\Multimedia\Pictures and Videos and right click on the picture and set as Today wallpaper. This only seems to change the background of the top taskbar and not the wallpaper. (NB! I am referring to the 6.5 menu background and not Manila as I have no problems changing this with HD Wall.)

another gr8 rom. aimed at bug reporting. after I add or associate more than 4-5 contacts to my facebook contacts list, it seems to not let me add any more. an even crashed once whilst doing so. just thought I'd share.thanks Damien

No problems here, I managed to link about 30 - 40 profiles without issues.

Attachments

• topbar.cab
    34.4 KB · Views: 74

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
Another quality ROM, however I must complain about the Start Menu behaviour, after finding I needed to change a different file than usual to change the Start Menu layout in R6 I had no problems, now however I find that when changing the .cpr files the menu goes absolutely crazy with the background becoming a huge mess and icons being hard to see. In addition I find that when changing the wallpaper it no longer dims the image so text below icons is very difficult to read.

I know that Dutty wants to provide a complete package but I would much prefer just the default 6.5 Start Menu with no modifications and for the user to make changes since the way Tom's extender is set up makes it much more difficult to make alterations, which I feel I need to since the misaligned text below icons really bugs me.

Other than that I'm very happy with the new ROM.

there is alot of changes since then in the new builds with 23008 and 23009 there is a difference in the cpr files so ur old ones will not work, these work now as the 219xxx series and u have to edit ur old ones by adding this line in it.

<Image ID="Background" Left="0" Top="0" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="ConfettiPlus::WallpaperBitmap"/>

I like the rom as it is at the moment and I cant please everyone and for me its almost perfect so I will not much make or stray away too much now

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
I got problem with my time zone too... Note sychronization works fine. And no other problem with this great ROM!!! It's pretty fast, smooth and stable...

Thanks you as usual Dutty for this ROM! We'll report if I encountered some problem.

thanks for ur feedback bro, some issues are still relating to manila sms and time zones, I havent no control of unfortunately

rb0135

Mar 20, 2008
Sydney
timezone affects some cities only. E.g. I added Liverpool, Houston, San Francisco, Grenoble as the cities in the world time screen, the timezone/clock are all correct for the respective cities. But Geneva came out wrong (same timezone as San Francisco instead), so I think it's not something that affect all cities.

I added Sydney (where I am) and it was correct.

Added New York and Los Angeles and they have the same time when in fact they shouldnt be..

So, yes, I agree that probably a good deal of cities are right, and a good deal wrong.

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
Dutty, I just tested the alarm and it still only works if you have the reminder tone set the same as the alarm tone. I personally prefer a shorter tone for my reminders. Do we have any Idea as to what the cause is for the alarm not working as it should? I know in Miri's latest v.25 this bug isn't present. This bug is one that I would really like to see fixed as I don't use third party apps for the alarm.

I'm still not sure but I will have a look at next to be fixed in my to do list:)

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london

I'm trying to replicate ur bug with adding or linking facebook contacts and havent this bug, just added 10 contatcs without manila crashing.

adamoses

Mar 7, 2008
Hi Dutty, your new ROM is awesome and I didn't think v3.9XT could be bettered. You are truly the Master.

To the point, I tried rearranging the folders in the start menu and did a soft-reset. Now when I click on a folder (say "settings") the icons of that folder are printed on those of the initial start menu. they still work but only if you remember their positions.

Just thought I'd mention it. I couldn't workout a way to fix it so I just re-flashed again and stayed away.

Thanks again for the gr8 work. Has anyone else noticed this?