(car audio) Parrot ASTEROID Smart

223 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By qs504792, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 06:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th June 2013, 05:37 PM |#561  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Gotta say I am really glad the new update included the BT Pairing updates and the instant tuner on feature.
Not too happy about the removal of the safety precautions disable but since I grounded the parking brake wire, it doesnt affect me anymore.
7th June 2013, 07:09 PM |#562  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Hmmm.... I happened to use the SWC before "full" boot and after "full" boot they work. If I let it boot without using them at all they don't work without a reset.
7th June 2013, 10:12 PM |#563  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanesn

I have 2011 WRX with resistive controls. I just thought about this and i might have an idea of what it is. It might work fine during the boot but it might get disable when I start the car during that quick reboot. I will check later and report.

So are the swc not working with the new update? I have a forster and am going to be installing soon.
8th June 2013, 01:28 AM |#564  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
hmm after the upgrade i lost the possibility to choose norwegian language.. Even on the keyboard.. Wtf.. Clicked on the Norwegian flag and all..
8th June 2013, 02:24 AM |#565  
Flag Tarragona
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyzw

Not too happy about the removal of the safety precautions disable but since I grounded the parking brake wire, it doesnt affect me anymore.

How do you ground the brake wire? I imagine you use the green wire but where do u connect the wire tip?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
8th June 2013, 03:03 AM |#566  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoundreltgn

How do you ground the brake wire? I imagine you use the green wire but where do u connect the wire tip?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Just connect it to the black ground wire. It is that simple!
8th June 2013, 03:34 PM |#567  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solviken

Just connect it to the black ground wire. It is that simple!

Yeah just did that yesterday ..works like a charm
8th June 2013, 09:14 PM |#568  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe333x

So are the swc not working with the new update? I have a forster and am going to be installing soon.

They work but in my case if i let the radio boot before i start the car during the start it restarts the radio and unika is disabled in the settings so i have to go enable it which is annoying.
The way i overcame the issue is to start the car before parrot gets to the bout animation.
8th June 2013, 11:29 PM |#569  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Here a pic of the volume knob, I ordered an actual knob for it as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1370730570549.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	2027749
9th June 2013, 12:35 AM |#570  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanesn

They work but in my case if i let the radio boot before i start the car during the start it restarts the radio and unika is disabled in the settings so i have to go enable it which is annoying.
The way i overcame the issue is to start the car before parrot gets to the bout animation.

And that didnt happen before the update? Also did the update allow the unika to reconize all the buttons or do the voice command and answer call button still do the same thing?
9th June 2013, 02:50 AM |#571  

More
Anyone here using spotify? Can they confirm that the asteroid wont sync local files from computer even if they are on the same wifi? (dont show up in devices on spotify client either)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)