Bootloop after recent Android OTA Update

Search This thread

pangyaaaaaa

Nov 28, 2012
Hello Community,

i have a Problem after the installation of the newest android Update (OTA).
The A2 just Boot till the white AndroidOne Logo and it hangs there after a time it seems it shut down itself.

My Device:
-USB Debugging is disabled, its a new testing device.
-I cant boot in recovery mode (vol-UP+Power) just boots to the white androidOne Screen and there it hangs
- I can enter fastboot(VOL-Down+power) mode and the device is listed when i type fastboot devices in my terminal on pc
- when i fire up MiFlash tool it list my device after clicking refresh, if i want flash the latest FW (http://en.miui.com/download-353.html) i get the error:
error:"Flash bluetooth_a error"
- My bootloader is locked.

Question:
How can I flash a offical Android with a locked bootloader?
is it a good idea? or better send it back for a warranty solution (i dont want wait)
is there another way to solve my problem? i really dont know whats the problem is. i did not rooted the device or anything.
would be lovely if someone could help me. with an instruction what i can try.

Thank you very much and have a nice day

Regards :cowboy:

Reptant

Jun 5, 2015
If you have enabled 'OEM Unlock' setting in Developer settings, you will probably be good, you can unlock bootloader(oem/flashing/critical) and flash the official ROM ( as per now, 10.0.2.0 )

If not, you have 2 options
-Boot into EDL using short points and flash from there
-Warranty

Same thing happened to a friend's phone, it wasn't touched and just went brick after 10.0.2.0 OTA.
Guess everyone should enable 'OEM Unlock' in case this happens(Data Encrypted anyway, worst case stolen phone better than the chance of brick every time an OTA comes)

edit: If you want to save your data, you obviously shouldn't try the bootloader unlock way...EDL flashing allows flashing without wiping data, but haven't tested that personally

Last edited:

pangyaaaaaa

Nov 28, 2012
wow really? that are bad news...

thank you anyway :crying:

maybe someone other got a idea?

regards:cowboy:

UnlimitedBB

Nov 3, 2011
Lot of users faced this after today's update including myself. Since my bootloader is locked, only option left is EDL flashing by connecting motherboard test points.

Reactions: Onilink90

Abrilabr

May 16, 2014
Just an advice for everyone reading this message from a Xiaomi Android One device: ALWAYS KEEP UR BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED, IT DOESNT MATTER IF USB DEBUG ISNT ACTIVE, JUST UNLOCK BOOTLOADER

sorry for caps, is just an important thing, i also had the issue but with unlocked bootloader i solved it easily

pangyaaaaaa

Nov 28, 2012
Just an advice for everyone reading this message from a Xiaomi Android One device: ALWAYS KEEP UR BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED, IT DOESNT MATTER IF USB DEBUG ISNT ACTIVE, JUST UNLOCK BOOTLOADER

sorry for caps, is just an important thing, i also had the issue but with unlocked bootloader i solved it easily
Yea, but if you want use it as enterprise Device the open Bootloader is a problem.

Just flash using fastboot

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

that seems not possible with a locked Bootloader (very new phone)
or can you provide a working solution with a locked bootloader? i wont use this EDL thing because its just new and i dont want open it.

Thank you all anyways

xotob

Dec 18, 2017
With Xiaomi mi flash tool, you can re active bootloader protection !
Simple flash with this tool with the option "clean and lock critical"
Works for me !

Cizzle4

Nov 25, 2013
With Xiaomi mi flash tool, you can re active bootloader protection !
Simple flash with this tool with the option "clean and lock critical"
Works for me !

you had bootloader unlocked, i dont, i cant flash nothing with bootloader locked and i have unchecked the option in debug menù.

Last edited:

boonc

Feb 22, 2011
Pathumthani
If you have enabled 'OEM Unlock' setting in Developer settings, you will probably be good, you can unlock bootloader(oem/flashing/critical) and flash the official ROM ( as per now, 10.0.2.0 )

-Warranty

Same thing happened to a friend's phone, it wasn't touched and just went brick after 10.0.2.0 OTA.
Guess everyone should enable 'OEM Unlock' in case this happens(Data Encrypted anyway, worst case stolen phone better than the chance of brick every time an OTA comes)

edit: If you want to save your data, you obviously shouldn't try the bootloader unlock way...EDL flashing allows flashing without wiping data, but haven't tested that personally
After got OTA update to 10.0.3.0 and Today i try to unlock bootloader but I can't unlock_critical and I can't flashing unlock

UnlimitedBB

Nov 3, 2011
I think if your bootloader is not unlocked, the only possible solution left is to shorting the test points on motherboard. Those who have warranty can return the unit for claim. Yet another mess up from Xiaomi and this will be my last phone from them.

Reactions: miA2_problem

pangyaaaaaa

Nov 28, 2012
I think if your bootloader is not unlocked, the only possible solution left is to shorting the test points on motherboard. Those who have warranty can return the unit for claim. Yet another mess up from Xiaomi and this will be my last phone from them.

I can understand that. I will claim warranty because its new and i dont want do that test point thing.
on private i would buy and recommend xiaomi anyways but if you want these hardware for some enterprise things then better not.

Iam out of this Thread now but if you want talk here some more feel free.. maybe somebody can bring a solution for all you guys who face this problem but i think its not possible without a open BL or the TestPoint Method. :(

Regards and have a nice day :cowboy:

alek_dimitrov

Aug 16, 2018
Sofia
Xiaomi 12
Hi. I'm with locked bootloader. I received new January update. No change - stock variant updated to Pie. So it's safe to update or waiting for new one? Mi A2 4/64 micron ram

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello Community,

i have a Problem after the installation of the newest android Update (OTA).
    The A2 just Boot till the white AndroidOne Logo and it hangs there after a time it seems it shut down itself.

My Device:
    -USB Debugging is disabled, its a new testing device.
    -I cant boot in recovery mode (vol-UP+Power) just boots to the white androidOne Screen and there it hangs
    - I can enter fastboot(VOL-Down+power) mode and the device is listed when i type fastboot devices in my terminal on pc
    - when i fire up MiFlash tool it list my device after clicking refresh, if i want flash the latest FW (http://en.miui.com/download-353.html) i get the error:
    error:"Flash bluetooth_a error"
    - My bootloader is locked.

Question:
    How can I flash a offical Android with a locked bootloader?
    is it a good idea? or better send it back for a warranty solution (i dont want wait)
    is there another way to solve my problem? i really dont know whats the problem is. i did not rooted the device or anything.
    would be lovely if someone could help me. with an instruction what i can try.

Thank you very much and have a nice day

Regards :cowboy:

-Warranty

Some users reported that getting in and out of fastboot mode while the phone is connected to the charger fixed their bootloop after january ota update.

Same problem here. Tried all your advises since several hours. Nothing worked so far.

I unfortunately updated the phone in the morning. The phone just boots until Android One appears. Nothing else.
    I tried almost everything and actually I am really pis**d right now because XIAOMI does not seem to be interested in all the people having the same issue with this update.

On my phone USB Debugging is disabled, I bought it a week ago - and actually why should I activate USB debugging?
    I cant get into recovery mode. I just can enter FastBoot (Vol down and power buttom) or Android One Logo appears where it stucks all the time.
    I cant either use MiFlash nor Mi Unlocker, XiaoMiTool or MiPCSuite as the device gets always error messages in all applications due to Lock State and not activated USB debugging.

How can we fix this bug???