FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] ROCKET ROM - v23 - GB - LC1 [Update 29/03] - JKay Mod 13.6.1 - MIUI Style Theme

4,940 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,302

By eybee1970, Senior Member on 7th December 2011, 10:48 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
15th December 2011, 08:45 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sorry for my noob question, But how can I update from an older version to a new one without loosing my data?

15th December 2011, 08:51 AM |#502  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 346

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demang

Sorry for my noob question, But how can I update from an older version to a new one without loosing my data?

the same way you used the old version but this time NO wipe is needed !! which doesn't touch all apps and data remains prior to upgrade so when upgrading from old to new version just select install from SD card thats it again dont choose wipe cach or factory reset !!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mahmood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mahmood Ad-Free
15th December 2011, 09:57 AM |#503  
Flag Beograd
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason370

Can someone tell me how to change the lock screen pic?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Setting>Display>Screen u can found it there...
15th December 2011, 10:53 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
When I'm trying to make a call a pop up message is displaying asking me to add a VOIP account. How I can disable this function?

OK. I solve it. It was an app that cause the problem. I delete it.
15th December 2011, 12:19 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Have a problem with v8.
The deleted emails appear again,they are only locally deleted. After sync theyre there again. Have also full wiped before.
Using imap account and itbhas worked on stock

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
15th December 2011, 02:16 PM |#506  
Flag Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 85

More
I solved the issue with *device is getting to hot and charging expect 2 times longer then stock Rom... also the heavy battery drain*

It seems to me that the problem is the Kernel and theme...

My workaround:

- load abyss kernel
- load ics theme
- load call rec mod
- load brightness mod

Install abyss kernel via CWM... Reboot... Install ics theme (mowo) via Cwm ... Reboot
Install call rec via Cwm... Reboot
Install brightness mod via Cwm... Reboot

Now... Rom doesn't drain the battery and everything is fine. 10% in 4 hours.. Calling ca. 20 min... 6 Sms... Whatsapp and WLAN connected surfing inet... Data Mode gsm.. Driving with navigation ca. 35 min with Bluetooth and Music connected to the car cradle...

15th December 2011, 02:29 PM |#507  
Flag Caleta Olivia
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Lightbulb Wipe vs no wipe
I installed this rom as soon as it was up... (no wipe, lazy me )
(I was using sheep rom, with abyss kernel 1.5)
As soon as it booted, started to randomly freeze, reboot, status bar dissapeared.
Managed to get it to work for a while, Titanium backup, sms backup
-> full wipe -> reinstalled
Everything works GREAT.
Installed abyss kernerl 2.1
Now it's really fast, excellent battery life.

So, my advise... DO FULL WIPE.
15th December 2011, 03:00 PM |#508  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13,302

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neunzehn77

I solved the issue with *device is getting to hot and charging expect 2 times longer then stock Rom... also the heavy battery drain*

It seems to me that the problem is the Kernel and theme...

My workaround:

- load abyss kernel
- load ics theme
- load call rec mod
- load brightness mod

Install abyss kernel via CWM... Reboot... Install ics theme (mowo) via Cwm ... Reboot
Install call rec via Cwm... Reboot
Install brightness mod via Cwm... Reboot

Now... Rom doesn't drain the battery and everything is fine. 10% in 4 hours.. Calling ca. 20 min... 6 Sms... Whatsapp and WLAN connected surfing inet... Data Mode gsm.. Driving with navigation ca. 35 min with Bluetooth and Music connected to the car cradle...

if you do that, you screw up everything...changing framework-res.apk 3 times, SystemUI 2 times, phone.apk 2 times....I made changes to these apps, which are now no longer persistant and also themes are mixed up when u do that....and why? Cause YOU think thats a common problem and somehow related to parts of the theming? Don't confuse people with your so called Workaround! Maybe changing kernel will have positve effect for some users, but for sure NONE of the other things you did!
15th December 2011, 03:04 PM |#509  
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eybee1970

if you do that, you screw up everything...changing framework-res.apk 3 times, SystemUI 2 times, phone.apk 2 times....I made changes to these apps, which are now no longer persistant and also themes are mixed up when u do that....and why? Cause YOU think thats a common problem and somehow related to parts of the theming? Don't confuse people with your so called Workaround! Maybe changing kernel will have positve effect for some users, but for sure NONE of the other things you did!

yep u r right theming has nothing to do with overheating ! or slow device all has to do with kernel like some were using abyss 2.0 which had caused overheating problems and that was solved in abyss 2.1 so people using abyss must upgrade to abyss 2.1 and when coming from another custom rom and using this one ALWAYS ALWAYS do a FULL wipe and factory and data and cach full wipe and then problems could be solved.
15th December 2011, 03:09 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Been following this thread for quite awhile!
Currently using v8 with abyss 2.1.

Occasionally the phone will lag awhile maybe just wake up! But after that everything is smooth!

Anyway I wish to thanks eyebee for the hard work!

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

I experienced over heating issue when flashing. Be it the rom or kernel. But I just let it run for awhile after that no more issue!
15th December 2011, 03:28 PM |#511  
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmetbox

Been following this thread for quite awhile!
Currently using v8 with abyss 2.1.

Occasionally the phone will lag awhile maybe just wake up! But after that everything is smooth!

Anyway I wish to thanks eyebee for the hard work!

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

I experienced over heating issue when flashing. Be it the rom or kernel. But I just let it run for awhile after that no more issue!

because wakeup CPU is low so when u start then it lag but thats with all ferarri en lumberginos right ??? they start slow and in seconds they are super sonic !
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sprintuser swallows
Previous Thread Next Thread