Xposed experience with MediaTek MT6592 / Aliyun OS

Search This thread

superstone

Jan 29, 2011
Update 15.02.2015:

- Works also with official Kitkat Update from Kingzone (4.4.2)...

- Step 1,2 deleted, as Unreal Deodexer doesnt need JDK and SDK. (i worked with other deodexer tools before which needed JDK + SDK...). Thanks to Eben80 and other guys for the hints....

- Step 4+5 corrected and added by some better command lines from Eben80. (Cheers!)

.... and finally some additional comments due to questions:
a) I'm not very busy on XDA, so please be patient with low support from my side...
b) i cannot upload any video tutorials nor any complete ROMS as my connection bandwith allows no big upload files nor do i want to as i normally work 12h/day and have some other duties as well....

... thx for understandig.....

Update 15.02.2015:

Hi Folks,

i just wanted to give my experience with my new Kingzone K1 Turbo which is running with a MediaTek MT6592 processor.

I experienced bootloops before going deeper into the forums and the web and it took me 4-5 days to solve the problem.

The main problem was to find a deodexer tool to deodex the apks and the framework files for the stock rom (i was eager to run it on the rooted stock rom as it provides support for the QI Wireless Charger Flip Cover and Air Gestures)

Here is my solution which worked very good and easy (after 5 days of finding the right deodex tool!). I used a WinXP computer with the rooted phone via USB connected.

Preconditions:
rooted phone, USB Debugging enabled on phone, ADB available on your connected WINDOWS computer.

1.) o b s o l e t e - deleted on 15.02.2015

2.) o b s o l e t e - deleted on 15.02.2015

3.) Use a specially modified Tool Chain with adjusted smali/baksmali for the MTK MT6592 / Alyiun OS called "Ureal-Deodexer". See https://code.google.com/p/smali/issues/detail?id=199 (use DL-Link in Post#16)

4.) after deodexing apks and framework put new deodexed files from app + framework folder of Unreal-Deodexer on your SD Card on the phone in following folders :
/done_app
/done_framework

5) after having copied app + framework folder contents from unreal deodexer tool to /done_app and /done_framework on your phones sdcard open a command prompt window in windows with the phone connected via USB and enter following command lines:

Code:
adb remount
adb shell
stop
cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app/
rm /system/app/*.odex
rm /system/app/*.jex
cp /sdcard/done_framework/* /system/framework/
rm /system/framework/*.odex
rm /system/framework/*.jex
echo dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast >> /system/build.prop
reboot recovery

5a.) Now phone should be in Recovery mode.
Wipe cache + dalvik cache in recovery. (Important to delete both caches! Otherwise phone might be stuck @ reboot...)

6.) reboot the phone (now deodexed rom needs quite a while for the first startup....)

7.) JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.......

8.) now i was able to install Xposed Framework and all my favorite Xposed modules.

Now my Kingzone K1 Turbo runs like hell and much faster than before. And the best: With Xposed Framework and all downloaded modules (e.g. Gravity Box) fully working.

I think this will also help with other phones with a MTK MT6592 / Aliyun OS but of course i cannot guarantee as i could not test on other phones.
Try on your own risk.....

Cheers,
Superstone

Last edited:

Mrjas1789

Dec 19, 2012
Hi Folks,

i just wanted to give my experience with my new Kingzone K1 Turbo which is running with a MediaTek MT6592 processor.

I experienced bootloops before going deeper into the forums and the web and it took me 4-5 days to solve the problem.

The main problem was to find a deodexer tool to deodex the apks and the framework files for the stock rom (i was eager to run it on the rooted stock rom as it provides support for the QI Wireless Charger Flip Cover and Air Gestures)

Here is my solution which worked very good and easy (after 5 days of finding the right deodex tool!). I used a WinXP computer with the rooted phone via USB connected.

1.) Install newest Java JDK on the computer and link the installation path with the Win system / user variables. (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2374008 Post#9)

2.) Install Android SDK. Be sure that the correct repositories for your Android Versions are also installed. If not install (e.g. for my Android 4.2.2. Version i needed all API 17 resources...)

3.) Use a specially modified Tool Chain with adjusted smali/baksmali for the MTK MT6592 / Alyiun OS called "Ureal-Deodexer". See https://code.google.com/p/smali/issues/detail?id=199 (use DL-Link in Post#16)

4.) after deodexing apks and framework put it onto the phone via Android.SDK. (see e.g. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2374008 Post#1 how to do this)

5.) after that modify /system/build.prop by adding a line with
Code:
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

6.) reboot the phone (now deodexed rom needs quite a while for the first startup....)

7.) be sure that all .jex files and .odex files are removed from /system/app and /system/framework. (i did it with a file explorer with root access for /system directly on the phone) Reebot again in case you have to delete.

8.) now i was able to install Xposed Framework and all my favorite Xposed modules.

Now my Kingzone K1 Turbo runs like hell and much faster than before. And the best: With Xposed Framework and all downloaded modules (e.g. Gravity Box) fully working.

I think this will also help with other phones with a MTK MT6592 / Aliyun OS but of course i cannot guarantee as i could not test on other phones.

Cheers,
Superstone

Can you backup your rom with mtkdroidtools and share it on needrom.com, it will be nice for people who want a stock rom with xposed working.

superstone

Jan 29, 2011
Sorry to say, but my current upload bandwith to upload a whole rom would take me hours as i have a very rural ADSL connection.

I processed these steps now also with another phone (a doogee dg550 -also with a MTK MT 6592) within family and it also worked. Took me about 1 hours there with all tools allready installed on PC.

Deoxeding with the ureal deodexer is just a one click process.

U just need a bit to download and to integrate JDK and Android SDK on your PC.

Sent from my K1 turbo using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: abdsamie

JRapsky

Sep 5, 2013
Hi Folks,

1.) Install newest Java JDK on the computer and link the installation path with the Win system / user variables. (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2374008 Post#9)

2.) Install Android SDK. Be sure that the correct repositories for your Android Versions are also installed. If not install (e.g. for my Android 4.2.2. Version i needed all API 17 resources...)

4.) after deodexing apks and framework put it onto the phone via Android.SDK. (see e.g. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2374008 Post#1 how to do this)

5.) after that modify /system/build.prop by adding a line with
Code:

7.) be sure that all .jex files and .odex files are removed from /system/app and /system/framework. (i did it with a file explorer with root access for /system directly on the phone) Reebot again in case you have to delete.

Cheers,
Superstone

Hi,

thank you for shareing your solution. I just tryed it and it seems to work fine. One question left for me, what about the *.jex files frome the /system/framework/ folder? Have you removed them?

kind regards
Joern

superstone

Jan 29, 2011
Yes. I have removed ALL .jex files after deodexing, putting all files on the phone in /system/app and /system/framework and the first reboot afterwards. I think i also cleared the complete dalvik cache afterwards again. I cleared dalvik cache several times via TWRP recovery.

One thing i have discovered with the doogee dg550,but this is really the only thing. Everything else works like a charm:
After all these steps performed there is a force close when i go to system settings/display (e.g. for changing the display timeout until lockscreen). Its not a killer because i can also change relevant settings via gravity box.
Anybody has any idea why?
With the kingzone k1 turbo phone dont have this problem. Absolutely no problem here.

Last edited:

JRapsky

Sep 5, 2013
Yes. I have removed ALL .jex files after deodexing, putting all files on the phone in /system/app and /system/framework and the first reboot afterwards. I think i also cleared the complete dalvik cache afterwards again. I cleared dalvik cache several times via TWRP recovery.

One thing i have discovered with the doogee dg550,but this is really the only thing. Everything else works like a charm:
After all these steps performed there is a force close when i go to system settings/display (e.g. for changing the display timeout until lockscreen). Its not a killer because i can also change relevant settings via gravity box.
Anybody has any idea why?
With the kingzone k1 turbo phone dont have this problem. Absolutely no problem here.

Are you sure you removed all the *.jar.jex files after deodexing? Most of the *.jar.jex files are bigger then their *.jar files! Changing Display settings is working without problems with my Kingzone K1 turbo. Xposed Framework and GravityBox JB are also working with no problems :good:

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

the *.jar.jex files are only in the Framework folder. You have to remove them one by one on your rooted phone or you have to remove them with ADB and the "rm" command.

4.) after deodexing apks and framework put it onto the phone via Android.SDK. (see e.g. http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2374008 Post#1 how to do this)

This step was not mentioned in this link, so I guess you still have the jex files still in your Frameworks folder. This is no problem if they have to stay there, I just want to know.

Last edited:

superstone

Jan 29, 2011
I can confirm that i removed all .jex files in the /system/framework folder after the first phone reboot with deodexed files in /system/app and /system/framework. (More or less Step No.7)

That means i pushed all deodexed files via adb on the phone (including .jex). Rebooted. And afterwards deleted all .jex files with x-plore (a file Explorer available in play store) which i habe given root access in the settings (is a must. Otherwise the file Explorer on the phone wont habe access to /system folder)

ATTENTION: DO NOT REMOVE THE .JAR FILES IN /SYSTEM/FRAMEWORK after pushing deodexed files in system folder!!!

Last edited:

superstone

Jan 29, 2011
Are you sure you removed all the *.jar.jex files after deodexing? Most of the *.jar.jex files are bigger then their *.jar files! Changing Display settings is working without problems with my Kingzone K1 turbo. Xposed Framework and GravityBox JB are also working with no problems :good:

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

the *.jar.jex files are only in the Framework folder. You have to remove them one by one on your rooted phone or you have to remove them with ADB and the "rm" command.

This step was not mentioned in this link, so I guess you still have the jex files still in your Frameworks folder. This is no problem if they have to stay there, I just want to know.

ATTENTION: TO AVOID ANY MISSUNDERSTANDING. DO NOT REMOVE THE .JAR FILES after pushing deodex files in system!!!
Only remove .jex files in /system/framework via ADB rm command or via a root access given file Explorer on the phone.

Last edited:

knightzero07

Sep 3, 2013
I have a problem using the unreal deodexer. It stops pulling the framework whenever framework.jar is already pulled. So I manually placed the framework files and apps in the folder. The next problem is when deodexing the files. It keeps saying that "System\app not found"
How do I fix it?

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

nvm. i got it working now. I downloaded the unreal deodexer from your link. Solution to path not found was in the instructions. There should be no spaces in the path.

jaw2floor

Jan 8, 2012
when I move deodexed apps
Code:
cp /storage/sdcard0/done_app/* /system/app/
I get lots of errors. Many apks are listed, with the error either 'Invalid argument' or 'No space left on device'. there is plenty of space left on device.

Phone hangs at boot

I followed all previous steps, with no other issues occurring.

Does anyone know what I should do?

Phone is Jiau G6, also running Aliyun OS

Thanks.

update:
In the op it states to move deodexed files to device via android.sdk
I just tried it via a flashable zip, and after deleting .jex and .odex, phone was stuck in boot again.

Last edited:

superstone

Jan 29, 2011
Are files really deodexed sucessfully on pc? Any folder (including all subfolders) with a empty space in the name?

Do you have root access to your phone? Check if you are able to Copy any other file via ADB shell (maybe a simple txt file) to your /system folder. If not root access is missing.
Any error message while entering the 'su' command via ADB shell? Is USB debugging enabled on the phone? Are your apks really on sdcard0 or maybe in sdcard1? Check in ADB shell with

cd /storage/sdcard0
ls

If files are really there.
If not change the source folder in CP command.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaw2floor

superstone

Jan 29, 2011
update:
I just tried it via a flashable zip, and after deleting .jex and .odex, phone was stuck in boot again.

Have you modified your built.prop with the additional command line before deleting .odex and .jex files?

Code:

Which Android version do you have?

Is Xposed Framework already installed @ your stuck reboot?
If it reboots again completely by repeatingly shortly pressing a volume key @ startup (4 times pressing a button in startup sequence stops xposed framework to start - promted by a vibration or tone) then your should remove xpossed framework and reebot again and check if you are really running completely deodexed. and install xposed again.

Maybe a dalvik cache wipe via recovery would also help. (i did that also several times)

Cheers,
Superstone.

Last edited:

jaw2floor

Jan 8, 2012
Are files really deodexed sucessfully on pc? Any folder (including all subfolders) with a empty space in the name?

Do you have root access to your phone? Check if you are able to Copy any other file via ADB shell (maybe a simple txt file) to your /system folder. If not root access is missing.
Any error message while entering the 'su' command via ADB shell? Is USB debugging enabled on the phone? Are your apks really on sdcard0 or maybe in sdcard1? Check in ADB shell with

cd /storage/sdcard0
ls

Have you modified your built.prop with the additional command line before deleting .odex and .jex files?

Code:

If it reboots again completely by repeatingly shortly pressing a volume key @ startup (4 times pressing a button in startup sequence stops xposed framework to start - promted by a vibration or tone) then your should remove xpossed framework and reebot again and check if you are really running completely deodexed. and install xposed again.

Maybe a dalvik cache wipe via recovery would also help. (i did that also several times)

Cheers,
Superstone.

I think i may have forgot to add the build.prop when i tried the second time, using the .zip method. I defo have root and the folder locations are correct etc. I will try the whole procedure again tomorrow.

Is there a reason you mention in the OP to push deodexed files by android.sdk and not by .zip?

Android version is 4.2.2 and xposed was not already installed.

Thanks,

superstone

Jan 29, 2011
You should modify your build.prop by adding the command line (i added it just after other dalvik command lines) before your first reboot without .jex files.

I prefered the ADB Methode to copy deodexed files from SD card to system folder because while stopping the system via ADB you still can check by cd + ls commands if files are really copied in the relevant folders and do a manual reboot after check..

Last edited:

jaw2floor

Jan 8, 2012
Tried again on a different computer, d'loaded all files again. Still got errors in pushing deodexed files, then phone hangs at boot.

Here's the errors im getting

NWxbZzp.png

I complete the other commands still, and they dont give any errors

superstone

Jan 29, 2011
Hmmm.

Looking at the Screenshot i assume that all files up to quicksearchbox.apk are copied and from the beginning of quicksearchbox u have a problem right?

It seems that u have no space left on the root folder also right?

a) check manually if all files are correctly available in /scdard/done_app before pushing into /system/APP by cp command and if all are bigger than 0kB by

cd /sdcard/done_app
ls

If not u try to copy from a folder which is not available. Some phones have differences in the real scard folder. Some phones need /sdcard0 or /scdard1 depending on mount config from Rom.

Check by cd + ls commands if source folder is correct and if destination folder is ok.

Regarding disk space. How much space is left in /root?
Do u use a newly flashed Rom? Did u perform a full wipe via recovery before procedure?

hey guys.

i got some trouble with deodexing the stock rom of my zopo zp980+. i have no idea what the problem is. there are no issues while the whole procedere. but when i try to reboot the phone after deodexing the app and framework files and replacing theme with adb, it stucks on the bootscreen.
i am not sure, but maybe there are problems with the .odex files. as i tried it with flashing the deodexed files with the sample-file it worked. but after deleting .odex and .jar.jex files and rebooting the phone, it again stucks at the bootscreen.

has anybody expirience by deodexing zopo-roms? or an idea, because of what i get these issues?

i hope you understand what i'm trying to tell you - the years in school with english-lessons are a long time ago. :D

superstone

Jan 29, 2011
I understand that phone freezes after you copied files sucessfully from sdcard to /system folder during the reeboot afterward, Right?

Did you modify your built.prop like described before the reebot after copy files to /system?

If yes try to wipe dalvik cache.

On the first reebot after putting deodexed files in system and modifying built.prop the phone can need a long time for first startup because it has to rebuilt dalvik cache.

Reactions: uncle-sam
i found on a russian the deodexed latest stock rom, so my problem is theoretically solved.

but i dont understand why it doesn't worked. i've tried to wipe dalvik and copy the files again but the phone freezes again at the bootscreen.

i've added the build.prop line
"dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast"
before i deodexed the rom, but i tried to wiped the dalvik cache before rebooting.

the phone was freezing for 10 minutes after that, then i went back to recovery and flashed the russian deodexed rom.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 15.02.2015:

- Works also with official Kitkat Update from Kingzone (4.4.2)...

- Step 1,2 deleted, as Unreal Deodexer doesnt need JDK and SDK. (i worked with other deodexer tools before which needed JDK + SDK...). Thanks to Eben80 and other guys for the hints....

- Step 4+5 corrected and added by some better command lines from Eben80. (Cheers!)

.... and finally some additional comments due to questions:
    a) I'm not very busy on XDA, so please be patient with low support from my side...
    b) i cannot upload any video tutorials nor any complete ROMS as my connection bandwith allows no big upload files nor do i want to as i normally work 12h/day and have some other duties as well....

... thx for understandig.....

Update 15.02.2015:

Hi Folks,

Preconditions:
    rooted phone, USB Debugging enabled on phone, ADB available on your connected WINDOWS computer.

1.) o b s o l e t e - deleted on 15.02.2015

2.) o b s o l e t e - deleted on 15.02.2015

4.) after deodexing apks and framework put new deodexed files from app + framework folder of Unreal-Deodexer on your SD Card on the phone in following folders :
    /done_app
    /done_framework

5) after having copied app + framework folder contents from unreal deodexer tool to /done_app and /done_framework on your phones sdcard open a command prompt window in windows with the phone connected via USB and enter following command lines:

Code:
    adb remount
    adb shell
    stop
    cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app/
    rm /system/app/*.odex
    rm /system/app/*.jex
    cp /sdcard/done_framework/* /system/framework/
    rm /system/framework/*.odex
    rm /system/framework/*.jex
    echo dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast >> /system/build.prop
    reboot recovery

5a.) Now phone should be in Recovery mode.
    Wipe cache + dalvik cache in recovery. (Important to delete both caches! Otherwise phone might be stuck @ reboot...)

7.) JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.......

Cheers,
    Superstone
    Sorry to say, but my current upload bandwith to upload a whole rom would take me hours as i have a very rural ADSL connection.

I processed these steps now also with another phone (a doogee dg550 -also with a MTK MT 6592) within family and it also worked. Took me about 1 hours there with all tools allready installed on PC.

Deoxeding with the ureal deodexer is just a one click process.

U just need a bit to download and to integrate JDK and Android SDK on your PC.

cd /storage/sdcard0
    ls

update:

Code:

Cheers,
    Superstone.
    You should modify your build.prop by adding the command line (i added it just after other dalvik command lines) before your first reboot without .jex files.

I prefered the ADB Methode to copy deodexed files from SD card to system folder because while stopping the system via ADB you still can check by cd + ls commands if files are really copied in the relevant folders and do a manual reboot after check..