Help Root my D802 - newbie here

Search This thread

zaonpt

Mar 14, 2014
Hi there.

I never rooted a phone in my life.
1) I am scared cuz everyone tells "you can do this but at your own risk". What risk they talking about? I know i lose warranty, np.
Can i lose my phone forever? If its so risky why so many ppl doing it? (i do wanna, but....)

2) Can i take precautions in case something goes wrong or I just don't like a rom to go back to my stock android?

3) There's a million roms. What rom should i pick. I just want root, not pimp my phone. If possible with kitkat, cuz its awesome.

4) What things should i do, and what things should i avoid to do.

5) <F1> me please :)

Zaon

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Hi there.

1) I am scared cuz everyone tells "you can do this but at your own risk". What risk they talking about? I know i lose warranty, np.
Can i lose my phone forever? If its so risky why so many ppl doing it? (i do wanna, but....)

2) Can i take precautions in case something goes wrong or I just don't like a rom to go back to my stock android?

3) There's a million roms. What rom should i pick. I just want root, not pimp my phone. If possible with kitkat, cuz its awesome.

Zaon

1)obviously it's at your own risk they cannot be held responsible for your own mistakes, now some of these risk involve bricking your device which means yes goodbye phone and so many people doing it because it makes a phone a lot more interesting among other things

2)yes there are many ways ways for one don't flash something that isn't for your device and it's always good to have nandroid

3)well you don't necessarily have to flash a custom rom you can just root and remain stock and as for kitkat tell me what model do you have and I may be able to help with that

4)you can do whatever you want just make sure you always read through before you flash anything and avoid anything that is not for your device

5) in my laptop f1 is help so I can do so if you mention what model your g2 is

Reactions: zaonpt

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I did on title :p its D802 european free from any operator (i dont know how you call it- non blocked to operator....dont know)
:)

still need <F1> :)

oh well I feel stupid now, well if you want kitkat goodness then this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2681205 will help you root install custom recovery and get kk but if not that you root http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48709232&postcount=869 and use freegee from the play store to install custom recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there.

Zaon

1)obviously it's at your own risk they cannot be held responsible for your own mistakes, now some of these risk involve bricking your device which means yes goodbye phone and so many people doing it because it makes a phone a lot more interesting among other things

2)yes there are many ways ways for one don't flash something that isn't for your device and it's always good to have nandroid

3)well you don't necessarily have to flash a custom rom you can just root and remain stock and as for kitkat tell me what model do you have and I may be able to help with that

4)you can do whatever you want just make sure you always read through before you flash anything and avoid anything that is not for your device

5) in my laptop f1 is help so I can do so if you mention what model your g2 is