Thanks Meter: 192

By PavelX1, Senior Member on 25th January 2009, 03:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th April 2009, 05:07 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuxuka

Yes i did.it became an .image file (APP_SW_X1i_GENERIC_UK_CDF1215-1832_KOV_R2AA010.image) then i renamed it and put it on the card...

Hmm, in that case ... the last possible reason I can think of is: the SD card is not formatted as FAT32.
Plug your X1 in your computer and look at the Storage Card properties, look at the "File system" and see what it says.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SD properties.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	178084  

20th April 2009, 02:04 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
well thanks....but it is Fat32 formatted.....i have no idea ;/ what the hell am i doing wrong....
20th April 2009, 05:13 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hmm I was hoping for you that the SD card wasn't FAT32 formatted because that can be easily fixed. There must be a vital step you're missing, which I kinda doubt, but it is still possible. Everything has a reason

I'm not sure which of the (many!) tutorials you're following, but I used this one myself: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=446070

Check it step by step, you might stumble upon something that you may have forgotten to do.
21st April 2009, 04:43 AM |#1004  

More
i need help. i'm in the USA.

My device information:

Rom version: 1.02.931.3
software version R1AA017
customization version: R15A
custimization variant: Generic_UK

so do i download the uk version update or the united states update?
on the other forum someone said to download the uk version because it got more features?. so should i go with uk ?
21st April 2009, 06:28 AM |#1005  
Flag Concepcion

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkrs

i need help. i'm in the USA.

My device information:

Rom version: 1.02.931.3
software version R1AA017
customization version: R15A
custimization variant: Generic_UK

so do i download the uk version update or the united states update?
on the other forum someone said to download the uk version because it got more features?. so should i go with uk ?

First of all welcome....
There is NO other forum this is the forum............
And by the way you shouldt try it both and see by yourself with rom fit your expextative better that my advice.......
Remember just an advice....
I have try myself more than 20 roms so far...
Official and custom....
23rd April 2009, 11:18 AM |#1006  

More
Russian ROM Update?
May be know, when new release Russian Rom for X1?
23rd April 2009, 10:32 PM |#1007  

More
Going to flash soon but I really dont know what my original rom is if I want to get it back. My firmware is RIAA017 I found the firmwares on the pages but how do I found my firmare? no one is from Sweden, can I take like from the uk or what should I do? Please explain for a little noob!
26th April 2009, 03:47 AM |#1008  
Flag Concepcion

More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2zani

Going to flash soon but I really dont know what my original rom is if I want to get it back. My firmware is RIAA017 I found the firmwares on the pages but how do I found my firmare? no one is from Sweden, can I take like from the uk or what should I do? Please explain for a little noob!

Maybe read this thread before flashing....
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=462926

And BTW
And advice to know the exact rom you have is to look in configuration/System/Device Information
And look for Rom version...Something like this 1.03.947.15
That one is the right number to search for in Pavels Thread inside the rapidshare account...And so write the hole name and searched
for similar but named like R2AA***

Trust me...
Pavels Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=475482

Hope i helped you....
29th April 2009, 05:59 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i tried to download the swedish version of the firmware but i got an corrupt file error message when unpacking everything
anyone have the same problem?
1st May 2009, 01:55 AM |#1010  

More
Flashed my X1i GENERIC_UK ROM from R2AA008 to R2AA010 without any problems. Aesthetically, no difference between the two versions but there is noticable improvement in performance (faster opening apps and boot time)

Just remember to press the Reset button (back of the X1, right side, round hole where the stylus is held, press it with the stylus also) after it says "Update Successful" because I think this is where some users have promblems after flasing thier X1's as they just remove the battery after the flashing process (just my opinion, not totally sure)

Looking forward to the R3 ROM version...

Cheers!
2nd May 2009, 01:23 AM |#1011  
Flag Houston TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuxuka

Hi,
I`ve got the Xperia with generic german and i want to install the UK one(i downloaded it from the link you gave).The thing is that when i switch the phone on ,holding the minus and power button ,the lines appear,than says "loading" and then-"no image file" and it stops!what did i do wrong?pls help!
Regards,Stefan

I have the same "no image file!" problem. Any suggestions/solutions for this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)