[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4] OmniROM for GT-I9195 [2014-09-15]

Search This thread

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Sin+nombre.png

For your information

The goal of Omni is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality.
Omni is a chance to get involved, no matter who you are. Developers, whether you’ve been developing apps for a week, or ROM features for 3 years, you’re welcome. Users, we know you want to help out, and now you can – Omni actively encourages bug reports and feature requests, which can be added to our publicly accessible roadmap.
Omni is about flexibility and giving users what they expect – and we are excited to see where the community goes with it.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is developed for the LTE version of Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195), and tested when running I9195XXUCNE6 baseband.

I'll only support this model since it's the only one I own, if someone wants to attempt to port this ROM to his model feel free to take my tree as base.

Reporting Bugs

If you want to report bugs please read THIS HOWTO first. Please try to provide logs if you see errors (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to do that check google or ask people here to help you. Don't contact me directly.

Enabling logcat Logging (Windows HOWTO: How to logcat like a Pro!)
adb shell dmesg
How to use strace?

Download

You are storing very sensitive information on your phone. You always have to be careful what ROMs you flash and whom you trust. If you don't trust me then don't use my ROM or compile it from source by yourself.

You can download the ROM here.

If you are going to host my ROM somewhere else, please let me know that on this thread or over PM, so I can add the link here also :)

Credits

OmniROM Team
Arne Coucheron
Andreas Schneider
Team Canjica *
- Diego Porto
- Federico Melano
- Franco Rapetti
- Pablo Lunarenko

Last edited:

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Most Annoying Bugs

1 - FM Radio app doesn't work.

Changelog

2014-09-15
- Merged all upstream:
a) Updates from stock Kitkat
b) All the new features and bugfixes from Omni team
c) All the updates for kernel by arco
- Minor clean-ups.

2014-07-27
- Using in-kernel replacement for hotplugging cpus (intelliplug). Thanks to faux123!
- Added intellidemand governor. Thanks to faux123 again!
- Building FM Radio app, but it just doesn't output sound.
- Killed mpdecision and all of it's logspam.
- All upstream changes.
- Minor clean-ups.

2014-07-06
- First release.

Last edited:

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
The setup cant find any wifi networks, tried to wipe everything and factory reset.
Here it works correctly, I would never been uploading the build with such issue. I need more info about the issue
Wow! Cool! Waiting rom for serrano3gxx!
Read the thread mate, sadly I won't get involved on to building a ROM that I don't own. Is a no go to develop a device I don't own.
thank !

At the same time , there are the dev "Silesh.Nair" who have made the same rom on his thread ... :eek:

GT i9195 => http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53944982&postcount=83

GT i9190 => http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53950021&postcount=94
What a coincidence.

Last edited:

moonryder

Apr 24, 2014
southern
hi OliverG96,

i was a fan of your cm for s3 mini since it happened what happened ...
i get an s4 mini on december so i will check out your omni
Nice to see you again developing a ROM for another device ;)

m.

Here it works correctly, I would never been uploading the build with such issue. I need more info about the issue.

I have I9195 and there is nothing else to say about this issue, maybe the wifi signal is somewhat different here in my country ( Iceland )
Other roms pickup wifi at my home without problems, ( [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4] CarbonRom KitKat )
I maybe try Silesh.Nair Build later to see if I get the same issue.

Last edited:

ovisionario

Feb 14, 2013
please;;; Make a build for Gt-I9192 (dual sim) I used to flash this ROM on my s3 and it was the best!!!!!!!:good:

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
I don't own that variant, and I won't release untested software. But there's some guy that asked me for help and I guess he will be porting it ;)

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
It's exactly like any other AOSP ROM on they UI side. Just that there some cool features like OmniSwitch. I suggest to test it yourself, because no one will know better than you if you like it. Personally I'm having better battery life compared to CM, but of course the system is not so overloaded with many things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sin+nombre.png

For your information

The goal of Omni is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality.
    Omni is a chance to get involved, no matter who you are. Developers, whether you’ve been developing apps for a week, or ROM features for 3 years, you’re welcome. Users, we know you want to help out, and now you can – Omni actively encourages bug reports and feature requests, which can be added to our publicly accessible roadmap.
    Omni is about flexibility and giving users what they expect – and we are excited to see where the community goes with it.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is developed for the LTE version of Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195), and tested when running I9195XXUCNE6 baseband.

I'll only support this model since it's the only one I own, if someone wants to attempt to port this ROM to his model feel free to take my tree as base.

Reporting Bugs

If you want to report bugs please read THIS HOWTO first. Please try to provide logs if you see errors (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to do that check google or ask people here to help you. Don't contact me directly.

Enabling logcat Logging (Windows HOWTO: How to logcat like a Pro!)
    adb shell dmesg
    How to use strace?

Download

You are storing very sensitive information on your phone. You always have to be careful what ROMs you flash and whom you trust. If you don't trust me then don't use my ROM or compile it from source by yourself.

You can download the ROM here.

If you are going to host my ROM somewhere else, please let me know that on this thread or over PM, so I can add the link here also :)

Credits

OmniROM Team
    Arne Coucheron
    Andreas Schneider
    Team Canjica *
    - Diego Porto
    - Federico Melano
    - Franco Rapetti
    - Pablo Lunarenko
    Any schedule to get the FM Radio app for your OmniROM released?
    Will try to push a new build soon. But currently I'm messed trying to bugfix the cpufreq changes.
    I use push builds on weekends, but last one was my bday, so I just leave it :)
    Okeeeey, I new build have been pushed after two months of inactivity. TWRP update is giving me some more problems, will try to figure out what's going on tomorrow :)

2014-09-15
    - Merged all upstream:
    a) Updates from stock Kitkat
    b) All the new features and bugfixes from Omni team
    c) All the updates for kernel by arco
    - Minor clean-ups.
    A new build is up!
    But FM Radio is giving me a headache :crying:

2014-07-27
    - Using in-kernel replacement for hotplugging cpus (intelliplug). Thanks to faux123!
    - Added intellidemand governor. Thanks to faux123 again!
    - Building FM Radio app, but it just doesn't output sound.
    - Killed mpdecision and all of it's logspam.
    - All upstream changes.
    - Minor clean-ups.
    Any one having the 3G variant of S4 Mini should go to Silesh thread. I'll work over LTE one.