Anyone modded original Atrix lapdock with the bionic?

Search This thread

spiderjerusalem

Jan 26, 2005
Yeah they still had refurbs for 75 last I looked and the mod is super easy, I did 3 in an hour.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

ar7654321

Nov 9, 2007
Super easy takes 10 min all you need is a number 0 phillips screw driver

spiderjerusalem

Jan 26, 2005
I know this is not the right spot but figured some of you still wanted one, I have an extra already modded, pm me if anyone wants. I and switching to the nexus today

harpdoc

Aug 1, 2008
My $75 refurb lapdock is working great now. I had to use the dremel to significantly file down the right side of the dock. Still had some issues connecting well after that so I filed down the raised portion of plastic around the connectors. This did the trick.

z0mghii

Oct 9, 2011
I love my refurb! I have it modded with webtop2sd and webubuntu, it's running xfce4-desktop damn fine!

faiz23

Jul 13, 2007
refurb mod bionic atrix...wtf are you guys doing here

look what I got for a cool $54 OTD

photo12.jpg

photo13.jpg

AGE3RD

Jun 18, 2012
Using Bionic on Atrix Lapdock

I followed all of the instructions to turn over the Atrix connections to work with my Bionic and that went well. The screen only stays active for less than 10 seconds before going either black or the Motorola emblem drifting around the screen. Any suggestions. I did not know how to start a new post.

AGE3RD

AGE3RD

Jun 18, 2012
Atrix to Bionic

I performed all the steps correctly and the connection between the Bionic and lapdock only lasts about 10 seconds before the screen goes black. Any suggestions?

AGE3RD

Jun 18, 2012
Cradle Dock Picture

Here's the picture. Any help you can give me would be very helpful.

ArtCIMG0021.JPG

silversonic1

Apr 26, 2008
Grove, OK
Okay. Open it up again and try connecting the cables without the leads being pushed through their holes. This will tell you if they are simply seated too shallow or if you need to clean anything.

Reactions: AGE3RD

rickyhfc02

May 22, 2011
To anyone still interested I purchased a lap dock for the ATRIX and spent about $20 on a set of male to female micro USB and micro HDMI cords about 6 inches long on amazon. Those cables were listed for the ATRIX also but that gave me ability to connect the photon or bionic easily. Only problem was clearance on the lap dock ports but if you remove the top piece of plastic magically there is room :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Koragus

teshgnex

Apr 12, 2012
Just bumping this thread as i just received and am modding my dock, ran into a problem - the bionic I'm using on this atrix lapdock is connected with the wires pulled from the housing, the hdmi output is activating the webtop software but the mouse and keyboard are not showing up (the mouse pad light is on and responds to the double tap on the pad to toggle)

Any suggestions? I've restarted the phone with the usb connected and hdmi disconnected, have not had the chance to try an aux mouse or keyboard yet

Had anyone had an issue where the usb/keyboard and mouse aren't withheld

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Andy_in_Indy

Apr 18, 2009
indianapolis<IN
Just bumping this thread as i just received and am modding my dock, ran into a problem - the bionic I'm using on this atrix lapdock is connected with the wires pulled from the housing, the hdmi output is activating the webtop software but the mouse and keyboard are not showing up (the mouse pad light is on and responds to the double tap on the pad to toggle)

Any suggestions? I've restarted the phone with the usb connected and hdmi disconnected, have not had the chance to try an aux mouse or keyboard yet

Had anyone had an issue where the usb/keyboard and mouse aren't withheld

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

My bionic is touchy about the Micro USB port - it will not work if the plug is in too far as well as too shallow. Try moving the plug in and out a very small amount and then rechecking your connection. I flipped the connectors in an Atrix Lapdock, and I'll have the keyboard drop out because the phone has been shifted by a small amount.
If that does not work, you may have pulled the snap connector loose inside the base unit - check there by pushing down hard and see if your finger can wiggle the connector.

-Andy in Indy

jigglywiggly

Jan 10, 2013
external display

can you use this lapdock as an external display or does drm kick in? As in, it goes black after 10 seconds, I know the atrix one doesn't do this, but does the bionic?

I wanted to hook up a ps3 to this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At&t has the original atrix lapdock for $50 ! Can the connectors be modded to allow the bionic to work on this or will it not work with the webtop os on the lapdock?
    I've ordered one too.

There are a few positive reports in the photon thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1223032&page=12

C
    got mine modded. here are some quick pics. too lazy to do good ones ;)

Screenshot-2011-12-08_19.16.29.png

webdock.

Screenshot-2011-12-08_19.16.47.jpg

back, flipped out.

Screenshot-2011-12-08_19.17.02.png

extended battery/case piece removed

Screenshot-2011-12-08_19.17.36.png

on the side there's a little black adhesive sticker covering a screw. remove that and the screw on both sides.

Screenshot-2011-12-08_19.18.17.png

like so.

Screenshot-2011-12-08_19.18.34.jpg

popped open.

Screenshot-2011-12-08_19.18.50.png

there is a metal piece holding the connectors in place. remove it.

Screenshot-2011-12-08_19.19.14.png

note the rubber piece in between connectors.

Screenshot-2011-12-08_19.19.37.png

the connectors come right out. I used a knife and trimmed the outside plastic so I could flip it.

Screenshot-2011-12-08_19.20.12.jpg

I found the extended battery cover doesn't play well. I had to sand down the part where it actually docks.

Screenshot-2011-12-08_19.20.53.jpg

and here we go!

I sanded the right side of the dock down, as the connectors didn't seat deeply enough.

that's all!

Craig
    got mine modded. here are some quick pics. too lazy to do good ones ;)

<IMAGE SNIP>

I sanded the right side of the dock down, as the connectors didn't seat deeply enough.

that's all!

Craig

Great pictures! Can you take one of the finished outside of the dock?
    Great pictures! Can you take one of the finished outside of the dock?

Screenshot-2011-12-09_14.51.54.jpg

mine looks messy but it works. basically I just needed to make more of the usb connector exposed.
    I used a knife.. will dremel it and make it nice when I get home!

Craig