[Recovery] Clockworkmod for LG P970 Optimus Black

Search This thread

SensationStyler

Apr 16, 2011
is it possible, that we get the next time a cwm with key kombination, because i have fear that i make a mistake and can't acces cwm anymore :/

SensationStyler

Apr 16, 2011
The keycombination isn't at CWM... it's at bootloader.

Nova ROM inludes a way to access from boot using a physical key... but stock ROM doesn't... no way at the moment.

Ok thank you :)

if i install clockworkmod now, is it easy to make anything false?
-irst i have to get root (i am on v10e, and have unfortunatelly no root yet,but later i will have)
-then i have to install cwm and take the nova rom and wipe 1.3 to my sd card and boot into recovery

- than i have to wipe all (should i do a backup?)
- delete all user data
- install the nova rom and reboot or?

there is nothing with s-on or o-ff or? it's onlyon htc or?

saku4388

Aug 11, 2011
Stange Problem

Hello Friends,

Today i installed Nova 3.1 on my Black, everything seems to working fine.

But encountered a strange problem, i cant install Clockworkmod on m device.

The USB Debunging MOD Bug is not appearing on my Bar, but when i checked ion the settings it is clicked.

So i cant backup my Rom by "Rom Manager App" it always says to install a Recovery.

And gives me some models number, but Black is not there so i choose the Optimus 2X.

after that my fon stuck on the LG Logo, no matter how many times i restart it.

After this i recover it using the LG Software, and after it it wont gives me permission to instal the apps, so i factory reset the phone.

Now i m able to install the apps:) but it wont let me boot into the recovery mod and stuck on the LG LOGO on Boot.

Now when i update the software or reinstall the OS (with KDZ updater), nothing is erased, all the software are there and settings remained.

I tried to update the Firmware to V11B_00.kdz (Bouygues Telecom) -- but strange it installed the latest OS but all the apps and settings are still there.

Now i need to install the Nova again on my black, but i cant do it bcoz my phone is not going in recovery mood.

Guyz Pls help me :(

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
You made almost all you must not do...

But luckily you have an easy way now. Just root with Gingerbreak and then use the package on this post to install recovery, then Anreboot to reboot in recovery and wipe, then flash.

DO NOT use ROM MANAGER for anything.

:)

Enviado desde mi LG-P970 usando Tapatalk

saku4388

Aug 11, 2011
One more thing.

Now i m using NOVA v3... But there is no USB DEBUGGING icon is showing on when i connect the USB.. and it is already ticked in the applications > Development.

Is there nay problem with the Nova V3 or i m missing something?

Update: Anyway I just install the latest version with Purple theme and its working.

Last edited:

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
One more thing.

Now i m using NOVA v3... But there is no USB DEBUGGING icon is showing on when i connect the USB.. and it is already ticked in the applications > Development.

Is there nay problem with the Nova V3 or i m missing something?

Update: Anyway I just install the latest version with Purple theme and its working.

Noejn removed usb debugging icon because it's enabled by default and he said "icons are for *******" hahaha. Usb debugging works, but without icon in notification bar.

:)

Enviado desde mi LG-P970 usando Tapatalk

lesp4ul

Hahaaha come on, *******? Usb debugging on and off could cause a problem. perhaps thiis was a software prob. Happened on my galaxy ace (2.2.3), if usb debug option ticked, the phone won't let you enable usb mass storage and no option on notification drop down.

I know this don't occur on P970.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

WitchMX

Feb 2, 2011
Hey all,

Help here, please.

I plugged the phone with USB debbuging ON, opened the install_recovery.bat file and then a DOS window appeared showing:

C:\Users\User\Documents\CWM_Install\CWM_Install>adb.exe wait-for-device

And it stays there. No prompt for root acces whatsoever.

Tried with mass storage on and then off... same result...

Any directions here are most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

edit: Yes, my phone is rooted

Last edited:

WitchMX

Feb 2, 2011
\Have You installed phone drivers on Your Windows computer ?

It says errors in Android Platform Sooner Single ADB Interface. The rest of the options like "LGE Android USB Device" say Ready to Use

UPDATE: Tried in another laptop and installed successfully. Thanks

Last edited:

Pdud Kronos

Feb 24, 2011
Seoul
My phone is bricked..how can i access to the CWM recovery? my phone is in bootloop and cannot access to anreboot...any ideas?

capocorp

Jul 27, 2011
I agree with u, it's pointless.
It happened the same to me, i installed nova rom, by flashing it trough nova recovery. Before of that i did a backup (in recovery) just in case. Then i saw that i dont like nova rom, so i tried to restore the backup of stock rom from the recovery... the procedure went well, but after reboot i was stucked on the black screen for 30 mins, so i plugged to pc, runned the lg software updater and did an emergency recovery. i unbricked it finally!
btw i dont understand why "restore" option in the recovery didnt work well at all, i did a wipe data before flashing the backup... waht i did wrong?

rgabi88

Jan 11, 2011
Constanta
I agree with u, it's pointless.
It happened the same to me, i installed nova rom, by flashing it trough nova recovery. Before of that i did a backup (in recovery) just in case. Then i saw that i dont like nova rom, so i tried to restore the backup of stock rom from the recovery... the procedure went well, but after reboot i was stucked on the black screen for 30 mins, so i plugged to pc, runned the lg software updater and did an emergency recovery. i unbricked it finally!
btw i dont understand why "restore" option in the recovery didnt work well at all, i did a wipe data before flashing the backup... waht i did wrong?

Flash v10a, root with gingerbreak, install cwm, reboot in cwm recovery, restore...
Beware!!! Nova uses ext4 and stock firmware uses ext3.
That's all.
Cheers.

Sent from my LG-P970

Reactions: iamwyim

Top Liked Posts