[ROM] AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5! - SONY | JellyBean | CM10 BASE | Beats Audio

Search This thread

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
Maybe I'm wrong but I believe your going to have to call Tmo & get it from them.

well the Puk2 number you do but that message dissapeared it happened after i tried n failed a few times to guess the FDN default pswrd but then the next day the prompt for the PUK2 had dissapeared and it was back to asking for the default FDN # to enable speed dial ( weird by the way this is the first rom ive ever seen that required a password to use speed dial )

That being said they tmo rep I talked to looked up the FDN # for mt4g s and he said it was 1234 but that didnt work and said maybe its because it was a custom rom and told me to go back to the dev thread an ask here?

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
well the Puk2 number you do but that message dissapeared it happened after i tried n failed a few times to guess the FDN default pswrd but then the next day the prompt for the PUK2 had dissapeared and it was back to asking for the default FDN # to enable speed dial ( weird by the way this is the first rom ive ever seen that required a password to use speed dial )

That being said they tmo rep I talked to looked up the FDN # for mt4g s and he said it was 1234 but that didnt work and said maybe its because it was a custom rom and told me to go back to the dev thread an ask here?
WOW! If that's the case then I wouldn't even begin to tell you what it is or where to begin. I ported the ROM over from another device but I didn't build it from source. Even if I had, that's a long way from creating the source code to compile. You might could trace this back to the original developer & ask him BUT this is a port that was developed for the EVO 4G and considering the files I had to swap out for this to work, it may not have even stayed. It may have been overwritten. If that's the case, it may think it's an EVO 4G down at that level. I just couldn't begin to tell you.

Reactions: Some_dude36

nicholasb

Nov 7, 2006
Oregon

Ya know, if you google: tmobile FDN default

The first result returned had a good explanation....

FDN is "fixed dialing number" and it means that when it's on, your phone can only dial numbers that are in it's phone book. Usually the password default is the last 4 digits of your phone number, or 0000, 1111, or 1234. It depends on the phone.

So... its a setting, prob just needs to be turned off.

That said... This does not appear to be a rom issue. Please ask your question in the appropriate section for better assistance.

My first response would be to go back to a stock rom and start over.

Reactions: WeekendsR2Short

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
Ya know, if you google: tmobile FDN default

The first result returned had a good explanation....

So... its a setting, prob just needs to be turned off.

That said... This does not appear to be a rom issue. Please ask your question in the appropriate section for better assistance.

My first response would be to go back to a stock rom and start over.

Well ....thats strange. So is there no option for speed dial then? I looked all over the rom and couldnt find it .
And also whats the average batt life for this rom with data and location servc off ? Im getting 1 day 8 hrs with 17% left from a fresh wiped install .

And thinking this was a rom specific problem I thought I was in the right section .

Last edited:

DoomGaZer

Jan 29, 2009
Way to go Weekends, very sweet ROM! One oddity. I went into KernelTuner and it attempted to "start all the cpus". It appeared as though it thought I had four cores (0-3 were enumerated). I hit the back button before it really got started, so I have no idea what could have happened.

sent from my tablet

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
Way to go Weekends, very sweet ROM! One oddity. I went into KernelTuner and it attempted to "start all the cpus". It appeared as though it thought I had four cores (0-3 were enumerated). I hit the back button before it really got started, so I have no idea what could have happened.

sent from my tablet
Yeah, it does that sometimes. It takes a little tinkering with kernel tuner to get used to it. What it'll usually do at that point is realize you don't have 4 & default back to cpu-0, which is usually all that runs on the DS without making it run 2. Then you just hit the bar at the bottom & turn on cpu-1. Then hit the cpu button and set your governor & your set. It takes messing with like I said but it seems to work great. Even then it won't hold sometimes but if you go into setting up at the top there's a selection under general that's a workaround for that on HTC One devices that'll stick it for ours too.

egypro

Jul 22, 2011
NY-USA
hi everu one
i just install it on my slide 4g , everything is good except , google play
everytime i try to install any appor even when it try to update , luncher restart right away and after then it fail to download or install apps
i cant install any app period

any help??

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
hi everu one
i just install it on my slide 4g , everything is good except , google play
everytime i try to install any appor even when it try to update , luncher restart right away and after then it fail to download or install apps
i cant install any app period

any help??
Yeah, that was my mistake. I should have just preloaded the Gapps without the market. Go to Tbalden's CM10 thread & scroll down to his Non-Updating Market App & flash that & thank him while you're there. Then flush Dalvik & fix permissions on your way out & you should be good to go.

SORRY......my bad.

Nevermind. Just go here.....http://d-h.st/eon

Last edited:

egypro

Jul 22, 2011
NY-USA
Yeah, that was my mistake. I should have just preloaded the Gapps without the market. Go to Tbalden's CM10 thread & scroll down to his Non-Updating Market App & flash that & thank him while you're there. Then flush Dalvik & fix permissions on your way out & you should be good to go.

SORRY......my bad.

Nevermind. Just go here.....http://d-h.st/eon

thank you so much
u mean wipe dalvik , right? , i will do that now , but one more thing , screen is too dark when i am outdoor , very hard to c, outdoor, in the sun, so i tried every thing to increase brightness but its on maximum is there anything can be done
also why u dont put this note in the 1st post , with the rom installation link
------------------updates-----------
i did what u said still same thing , may be i did some thing wrong, i flush then wipe dalvik and fix permissions and same thing reboot when installing anything from google play

Last edited:

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
Since I now DO know what I did wrong, give me a bit & I'll repost the ROM. Sorry about the hassle. I'll rezip it & let you install the Gapps. At the time I thought I was doing something to save people some trouble but found out I was wrong.

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
Since I now DO know what I did wrong, give me a bit & I'll repost the ROM. Sorry about the hassle. I'll rezip it & let you install the Gapps. At the time I thought I was doing something to save people some trouble but found out I was wrong.
OK. The OP has been updated With all the Gapps removed And are now listed as separate downloads below the ROM. I'm terribly sorry for any confusion I may have caused by trying to make the download all inclusive. Oh well, a lesson learned....

Reactions: josh2020glacier

josh2020glacier

Jan 5, 2012
baltimore/md
OK. The OP has been updated With all the Gapps removed And are now listed as separate downloads below the ROM. I'm terribly sorry for any confusion I may have caused by trying to make the download all inclusive. Oh well, a lesson learned....
I don't know why you had so many problems with gapps pre installed in the ROM. OK about top release a build of miui like that now. I installed so many times just to make sure I did it right and I guess I did lol. Sorry to hear about the luck. You'll get it next time

But other then that very nice port:D

TEAM US!™

Reactions: WeekendsR2Short

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
I don't know why you had so many problems with gapps pre installed in the ROM. OK about top release a build of miui like that now. I installed so many times just to make sure I did it right and I guess I did lol. Sorry to hear about the luck. You'll get it next time

But other then that very nice port:D

TEAM US!™
Thanks Bro. I just didn't forsee that the playstore wouldn't overwrite the one in the Gapps. That is unless it was installed after booting up the Gapps. I really should have run more trials and I DO now. Oh well, live and learn I guess. I just hate that it caused this confusion & even MORE so that I didn't get it corrected before now. It's a damn tight ROM & I hope it didn't spoil it for folks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCING TO THE DS FROM THE EVO 4G THE ALL NEW

Solar Flare Series 5
    Sony Walkman (With Visualizers Coming!) / Google Maps World MOD / Awesome Beats / JB 4.1.2 / Bravia / Nova + Bazooka + Sony Erickson Launchers / Video Playback / 8MP Working Cam / EXTRA Goodies​
    PLAY GAMES YOU COULDN'T SEE BEFORE IN THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE WITH THE SONY XPERIA X10 SPOOF!
    PIONEERED Android 4.1.2 Development Research​

Gapps, Market, Fixes & Extras all Pre-Loaded

Whats is inside AlienMOD Solar Flare Series V!​
    Unique New Theme with liquid battery look

Samsung Galaxy S3 Power Notification Toggle Theme

App2SD Options Baked In!
    -How to Enable:
    1) Open terminal (found in the app drawer)
    2) Type "su" (then press enter)
    3) Accept su
    4) Type "a2sd" install (then press enter)
    5) Go through prompts (Keep Tapping Enter Until Complete)
    6) Reboot

1242/96 Mhz Default CPU Setting

Bootanimation selector enabled

Mixed Mason sourced modules

SuperSU!

MX Player for Videos

Latest Android Play Store

Videocam Illusion

Vignette Camera (Awesome)

Xperia Wallpapers

Galaxy S3 & Droid sounds

Added Back DS JB Camera

ICS Gallery

Awesome Beats

Google Maps v6.10.0 MOD- World Navigation

Blue Plazma v2 Bootanimation by JaeKar99

Sony Notes

Bravia Engine 3

Sony World Clock

Sony Timer Widget

Xperia Wallpapers

Nova Launcher in place of Trebuchet

Removed Cyanogenmod wallpapers

Removed unnecessary videos clutter in media folder

Google Now!

INCREDIBLE Crystal Clear SOUND!!!

Fully working Sony Walkman music player
    (With Visualizers Coming)! [PORT]

Fixed Symlink on install Errors

Super Stable / Smoother / Better / Just Sweet!

Further testing on other devices as well as input from several users has indicated that this ROM will not run properly without you being formatted to ext4. This procedure can best be accomplished with TWRP Recovery by SilverL. It is my understanding that it has a user friendly option there for bringing your device up to speed. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused & my oversight in not catching this before now. (4/16/2013)
    EASY How to Install AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5:
    1) Wipe Data / Factory Reset

2) Wipe Cache

3) Wipe Dalvik Cache

4) Install Solar Flare

5) Reboot Enjoy!​

Be Sure and Reboot and Go Back to Pickup Your Gapps and flash Them after Initial Boot. Reboot Again After Gapps Setup and Pickup Playstore, Flash it and Boot Back Up. It Should Run Fine Just as It's Supposed To If This Guideline is Followed.
    One thing I need to mention is there seems to be an issue with the newest update for the Nova Launcher. When I updated I started getting widget crashes & FC's but as soon as I went back & removed the update everything was peachy again.

Features:​
    HUGE THANKS TO RGSGROUP2005 for his work in porting this ROM to the EVO and his permission to share his work with you here.....​

Thanks to Jmztaylor for CM10 brought to the Evo

KPTNK for Black Phone / Contacts / MMS

Awesome Beats Audio by Awesome

Smooth touch technology

Ultra sensitivity modification

Home locked to memory

App to SD capable

Better battery management

Sony xLoud

Sony Bravia

Faster boot

8MP Camera working

GAPPS Baked right in

Sony Xperia Spoofed! (Unlock Sony games and Apps) "It really thinks it is a Sony!" Look at game shown in picture and try to download
    it without this rom! Apps not seen before for the Evo as well as the DoubleShot are now revealed

ENJOY!
    *Team S.W.a.R.M.*
    for Justin Kase and some Screenies

As added to the OP:

Further testing on other devices as well as input from several users has indicated that this ROM will not run properly without you being formatted to ext3 or ext4. This procedure can best be accomplished with TWRP Recovery by SilverL. It is my understanding that it has a user friendly option there for bringing your device up to speed. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused & my oversight in not catching this before now. (4/16/2013)​

*VERY Special Thanks to Nicholasb & Butch87402 for Bringing This to My Immediate Attention*
    REQ:cLock widget :)

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Oh, it would appear that all widgets crash :(

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda app-developers app
    They crash on the updated version of the Nova Launcher. What you'll have to do is go in and uninstall the update you put on it. Once you do, all will be gravy once again. Did the very same thing with me.
    As added to the OP:

Further testing on other devices as well as input from several users has indicated that this ROM will not run properly without you being formatted to ext3 or ext4. This procedure can best be accomplished with TWRP Recovery by SilverL. It is my understanding that it has a user friendly option there for bringing your device up to speed. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused & my oversight in not catching this before now. (4/16/2013)​

*VERY Special Thanks to Nicholasb & Butch87402 for Bringing This to My Immediate Attention*

Thanks for the shoutout!

When i check the output from mount, everything is listed as ext4.

Perhaps it is my slightly older version of CWM 5.0.2.7 - haha, ok i'll update it today and reflash.