Galaxy tab 3 7.0 WiFi update?

Search This thread

kailin63

Sep 6, 2011
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

I just got this tablet from my wife for christmas and don't get me wrong it suits my need for a tab, but is it ever getting an update? Currently it runs android 4.1 which is massively outdated. I see the carrier versions are running at least 4.2.2. I've looked all over and have found nothing other than 1 article with the tab 3 listed for maybe getting kitkat.

Deeeno

Jan 6, 2014

I just got this tablet from my wife for christmas and don't get me wrong it suits my need for a tab, but is it ever getting an update? Currently it runs android 4.1 which is massively outdated. I see the carrier versions are running at least 4.2.2. I've looked all over and have found nothing other than 1 article with the tab 3 listed for maybe getting kitkat.

So if it suits your needs why mess with it?
I have a Tab 3 T-211 that I rooted, and installed CWM - But other than that the stock 4.1.2 firmware works just fine.

On my Galaxy S3 I tried a variety of ROMs - Seemed like it was a constant battle getting everything to work right.
Finally settled on a stock variety de-bloated ROM with root, and called it good enough.

I'm sure updates and / or a stable aftermarket firmware will become available soon enough for Tab 3's with patience.

kailin63

Sep 6, 2011
Actually thats why I haven't rooted it. I'm not big on games and mostly just wanted a tab for casual use. Still, it does wake me wish they would release some new official firmware updates. Daydream, profiles, lock screen widgets would all be a nice bonus. I would really love to have apps to SD because my biggest issue is you only get about 4gb of open memory after system files.

Last edited:

Harjan112

Oct 16, 2011
Actually thats why I haven't rooted it. I'm not big on games and mostly just wanted a tab for casual use. Still, it does wake me wish they would release some new official firmware updates. Daydream, profiles, lock screen widgets would all be a nice bonus. I would really love to have apps to SD because my biggest issue is you only get about 4gb of open memory after system files. * Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

I just recently purchased a Tab3 7.0 wifi and I too had the same reaction as you do, I then thru searching here on XDA found Rockettab, yes it is still 4.1.2 but the difference between "out of the box" and Rockettab is absolutely amazing, you can either get the "lite" version or if you choose so you can later install the "full" add on package, I myself am running the "Lite" version and added the APK's I use the most to the zip file and flashed it and within 5 minutes I was back up and running.
The latest version is Rockettab v3. and is super snappy and rock solid.
IMHO this is the best ROM :) ;)
Just head over there and have a look for yourself.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2507772

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium