FORUMS

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,278

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th July 2017, 03:36 PM |#10481  
Flag St. Petersburg, FL
Thanks Meter: 333

More
I'm upgrading from a Verizon Galaxy S5. Was thinking about a LG Nexus 5x. Do t want to spend more than $250. How is the nexus?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA-Developers Legacy app
17th July 2017, 02:37 PM |#10482  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is there any max 6" device with an Intel chipset, anybody know?
17th July 2017, 05:37 PM |#10483  
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfulgray

I'm upgrading from a Verizon Galaxy S5. Was thinking about a LG Nexus 5x. Do t want to spend more than $250. How is the nexus?

I wouldn't want to risk spending money on the Nexus 5x or any of the other bootloop prone lg phones with the 808 processor unless you're okay with replacing the motherboard.
18th July 2017, 04:01 PM |#10484  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Good morning everybody, i had a fast question, i cant decide what smartphone buy, i find the droid turbo 2 in 130$ and the Moto X Play in 110$ in ebay, what is better choise in this days, i hope find some users with that phones and tell me what is better and why to just go to buy.
Thanks.
19th July 2017, 07:32 PM |#10485  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey I'm looking for a snappy good android tablet that can be flashed with a good rom like Lineage OS, CM 13, AOSP, or RR just a good nice rom and has really nice support on XDA. Also my budget is around $100 I don't mind buying off eBay. And I need it for some gaming and YouTube.
20th July 2017, 03:44 AM |#10486  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Coming from a Blu Studio Energy 2
Could you recommend me a really practical device? I've always valued basic phone utility above everything (battery life, no lag, comfortable). I have a Blu Studio Energy 2 and it has been an amazing smartphone since it allows me to surf and chat all day without problems. I previously had an IPro Q10 which I loved because it had a physical keyboard, making it great to chat on. I had to ditch that one because its keys stopped working. Is there any other android phone with a QWERTY physical keyboard that isn't outdated and keeps a good form factor? I've been looking at Blackberry Keyone, but the price it's outside of my budget, which tops at 200$. The Oukitel K10000pro and K6000plus caught my attention. Do you have any other recommendation, or any comment regarding those phones?
20th July 2017, 05:01 AM |#10487  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 415

More
Hi there I'm looking for a smartphone priced around PHP 20,000 ($400). My priorities are: good build quality, good battery life, stock Android, decent specs, and good software update support (if not, then a good 3rd-party modding community).

What phone do you guys recommend?
GuestK00235
23rd July 2017, 04:26 AM |#10488  

More
Hello!

I am looking for a phone with a decent modding community and Dev support.

PRICE - 250$(ABOUT 17,000 INR)
SoC - Better than Snap dragon 430
RAM - more than or 2 GB
ROM - 16+

Recommend me a phone that will be available in India. THANKS
28th July 2017, 08:46 AM |#10489  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Waterproof and rootable
I recently killed a "waterproof" S5 Active (with water), which I bought after killing a "waterproof" G'Zone (with water). I would buy another G'Zone, but I'm using a GSM network.

I bought the CAT S60, which turned out to be a huge disappointment. It's not rootable, which is annoying, but they also can't read SD cards because the factory bends the pins up. Seriously, just look at the manufacturer's video on how to install the SD card. Their demo phone even has bent pins. So I'm returning the S60.

My criteria are
  • Rootable: I want to remove everything Google from the phone.
  • Waterproof: REALLY REALLY WATERPROOF. I go outside sometimes. Charging without opening a flap, like the G'Zone, is the best.

Things I would like are
  • Small overall size: I don't care about screen size
  • Affordable: I don't have a specific budget limitation, but don't use the phone for enough processor intensive stuff for a high end phone to really be worth it.
30th July 2017, 12:11 AM |#10490  
Flag W'loh

More
Hey there, it's me again.
My Xperia Z2 failed, so I need a new device.

External SD card is a must, camera doesn't have to match Sony standards.
At least 16GB internal memory.
Android 7+ would be nice.

I liked the custom ROM friendliness back in the Samsung S3 days, missed it with the Z2.

I really could use some help.
31st July 2017, 04:19 AM |#10491  
Flag RI
Thanks Meter: 10

More
New dual sim phone ?
Hi, my lumia 950 won't stop giving me issues, after working fine for over a year and a half, keeps locking up / rebooting, so it's back to android.

Looking for a higher end GSM Android dual sim phone (T-Mobile / US mobile bands + international, for traveling in Europe), preferably with replaceable battery and sd card slot. Battery is more important, as I would like to hang on to it for a while. And a warranty, just in case, Amazon has a bunch of dual sim phones but many don't have warranties. Also would like it rootable, if possible.

Mainly use phones for .. phone calls , texts, email, light browsing, kindle reader (if I don't have my nexus 7 with me) and for syncing with my Microsoft band 2. occasionally photos, and maps when i travel.

Was looking at the OnePlus 5 but worried about non removable battery. I did like my OnePlus One at the time (my dad now has it.) and would want to hang on to it for 2-3 years at least, hopefully.
Also looking at Sony - XPERIA XZ Premium, but that is even pricier, and again non removable battery.
Haven't seen much else yet, but just started looking.

Currently back to using my Fire phone, and Sony Z1s (the 920 I was using instead, seems to be shutting down for some reason) which is a pain, got used to just having one phone.
previous smart phones:
Android: T-Mobile G1 (HTC Dream), T-Mobile G2 (HTC Desire Z) ,Sony Xperia Z1s, OnePlus One, Amazon Fire Phone
Windows: Nokia Lumia 920 (dev version); Lumia 950XL, Lumia 950
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)