[KERNEL][TMO][AOSP/TW/GE - 5.0/4.4/4.3/4.2][02/06/2015] KT-SGS4 - MJ5 - KTweaker

Search This thread

trueking7

Jul 24, 2012
Been using the newest kernel all day. It's all types of awesome. It's hard to fathom how they keep getting better. Great job Ktoonsez!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
4fb98c4be2161.png

Change Log 11.04.2013
1. Linux 3.4.68
2. Updated KTweaker to 4.9.2. Added currently restored profile to "Restore Prefs" option in Parentheses at end of little text.
3. TURBO HOME BUTTON WAKE UP FOR ALL VERSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Compiled with latest Linaro
5. About 10 miscellaneous Linux patches for speed!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY

Whelp, time to go wet myself and sneeze again.. ugh. It's worth it tho! Thanks for the update boss! :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Nsomnia

Nov 4, 2012
Do you guys think running juice defender is making my battery life worse with this kernel so now it creates soo many wakelocks or should I keep it installed?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

clinthess

Jun 1, 2008
Broomfield, CO
Whelp, time to go wet myself and sneeze again.. ugh. It's worth it tho! Thanks for the update boss! :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Dude I tried so many things to see if it made a difference or not and I couldn't get it to extend battery life appreciably. I use greenify and push notifications for email and I'm just as good as juice defender and I no longer have to worry about not having data most of the day.

Try it without and see if makes a difference. It didn't for me

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Nsomnia

Nov 4, 2012
Well I've uninstalled juice defender ultimate I'll see if my battery life improves. I'm running eclipse v2 I've heard it's the best profile.

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
on pace for 6 hours screen time with this kernel, This is insane, no issues with ktoonservativeq and row with screen off at 810mhz.

I just got this phone and I'm already running my favorite kernel :)

Thanks again bud

is that on wifi or mobile data :S? I can't seem to get more than 3 hours screen time if im on data... thats with it being undervolted, ktoonservative, brightness at 30-50%... :S

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada

:) Yeah I dropped my S3 in the toilet, luckily I can still build for that device because I will have zero issues finding testers

back on topic

I tested latest Liquidsmooth 2.37 with the nov 4th build and I had all kinds of strange issues, I could not reboot, the camera would not connect and I could not access my SD card via USB. The stock kernel was 3.4.0 CM and from what I remember is KT is 3.4.68, I'm not quite sure what was up lol

Anyone have latest KT running perfectly on liquidsmooth 2.37?

Reactions: marcoxx626

marcoxx626

Jun 4, 2013
Orlando
:) Yeah I dropped my S3 in the toilet, luckily I can still build for that device because I will have zero issues finding testers

back on topic

I tested latest Liquidsmooth 2.37 with the nov 4th build and I had all kinds of strange issues, I could not reboot, the camera would not connect and I could not access my SD card via USB. The stock kernel was 3.4.0 CM and from what I remember is KT is 3.4.68, I'm not quite sure what was up lol

Anyone have latest KT running perfectly on liquidsmooth 2.37?

There have been a few issues playing catchup with ktoonsez... He's always ahead lol. Might just have to flash the previous ktoonsez Kernel and you should be good to go.

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
There have been a few issues playing catchup with ktoonsez... He's always ahead lol. Might just have to flash the previous ktoonsez Kernel and you should be good to go.

Then that's a dealbreaker!!! Back to my custom build of Slim with kt 11/04, works perfectly

I'm not of aware of any upstream issues on the S4 AOSP, I noticed green lines on front facing camera but that's it...

good job once again, glad to be over here :) I noticed tasks thread is the same, no one reads the poor guys OP :(

Nsomnia

Nov 4, 2012
Nice!! Can't wait for a change log

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Running cyanogenmod 11/09 with ktoonz 11/08 no problems.

Reactions: mamba720027

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
does anyone have this weird screen flickering (for me its the bottom half) whenever simple gpu governor is activated? I switched to ondemand... and it has stopped completely...

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
Why use any other gov when you got Ktoonservativeq gov?

S4 is poppin!

not cpu governor... im talking about gpu governor.... with simple gpu governor (or atleast thats what i have pinned it down to) i have random screen flashes... like black screen and then back...
they completely stopped when i switched to ondemand

I have the i337M running Dirty Unicorns rom

Top Liked Posts