[ROM][N9005XXUDML2][V2][12/20] STAINLESS - Best International ROM N900T/N900W8

Search This thread

stir fry a lot

Feb 13, 2009
Ok, for the guys waiting for StainlessKK, sorry, it's going to be a lil while longer. I went thru and ran the rom thru the kitchen, deodexed, bla bla , then realized I had NB5 not NB7, so i'm starting over after I get the tarball from Sammobile. Please bare with me. Know you guys are waiting. I've been kinda sidetracked with helping with the whole upgrade process.

No worries bro, I've been perfectly happy with v2 for the last several months and can wait. I'm sure most everybody that's used this rom agrees.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
gotta revive this. so what are the details of international 4.4.x international/UK rom? and does it support volte?

Anonymously_Unknown

Feb 9, 2012
Kingston
Shouldn't drity-flashing an international ROM over a bone-stock T-Mobile ROM wipe the internal storage (user data)?
Also, if the N9005 and N900T is identical hardware-wise for modem, why the need to flash a custom modem/bluetooth/WiFi?

The reason for these questions is that I have a N900T, but T-Mobile isn't my carrier (as I'm in the caribbean). I just want a full international ROM to play with that isn't a mix and match, from pieces of various other ROMs.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
You're not flashing a custom modem. But the Bluetooth and WiFi is necessary. I believe the RIL is what is needed for the modem to make it compatible. Forgot as it's been a while. I want to sell my note3 but nothing has come out that compares to it with a comparable screen and stylus. Not interested in note4 and I wish Samsung would ditch the physical button already and move on to software nav.

Sent from HTC One_M8 using hofo app.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Point taken. Will flashing the international ROM wipe my T-Mobile internal storage due to the differences in CSC?

Honestly don't remember. At the time I didn't have much on my phone and I flashed early on. I do know it will overwrite system partition. I had problems with a flash and some minor build prop changes that forced me to flash several times. I had to re setup stuff like google tts and a couple of other things I don't remember each time I flashed.

It is worth your time to backup needed data and flash the int'l rom. Your ram will benefit from it definitely. You also won't have to fiddle with deleting carrier IQ files. Also less a lot less bloat. You will lose WiFi calling.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
My N900T has nothing to do with T-Mobile. I'm in Jamaica, so T-Mobile is not my carrier (hence no need for WiFi calling). I just want to get an international ROM on my N900T, but I don't want to brick my phone.

I understand. Just threw that in there. The int'l rom is easy to flash. Just follow the instructions. I thought you were more concerned with losing important data. More than likely yes. Backup. Backup and make sure you backup. Nandroid T-Mobile rom also.

Samsung phones are hard to brick. You almost have to intentionally do something bad or not recommended to brick. As long as your phone can get download mode you can always use kies or Odin to get it back going. I found this out the hard way on a galaxy tab2. Thought I bricked even though I could get to download mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is N9005XXUDML2 ported to the TMobile N900T and Canadian N900W8 models.

This ROM is pure international stock N9005 for the N900T and N900W8.
    So if you are a purist when it comes to ROMs or simply want a ROM that just works then this ROM is for you.
    This is a great ROM to use as a base for modding or as a daily driver.
    Stability, performance and battery life are my main objectives.
    But if you want this same ROM fully loaded with a lot of MODs and tweaks go to Dragons Air thread!

If you are on AT&T, the TMobile N900T works great on AT&T, LTE included. See second post for more information.
    If you want to use all of part of this ROM to build your own ROM, credit is all I ask.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Features:
    1. Based on N9005XXUDML2
    2. Deodexed, Rooted and Zipaligned
    3. Busybox
    4. init.d support
    5. Custom boot animation support
    6. Tethering: USB, WIFI, Bluetooth
    7. De-Knoxed
    8. Added F-Droid and AdAway
    9. Latest Saber Kernel

SO I WANT TO USE ANOTHER N9005 ROM ON MY N900T/N900W8, HOW DO I DO THAT?
    Flash this file that fixes BT, WIFI, NFC and Camera -- DOWNLOAD -- md5: 1c99cc3d5570d747372e47df60e52427
    Also flash the Compulsion Kernel or any other custom kernel made for N900T/N900W8
    IMPORTANT: This fix has only being fully tested on Stainless and DragonsAir ROMs. You mileage may vary with other international ROMs.

What doesn't work:
    1. Samsung Video Player
    2. Built-In Browser. Fix: Use Chrome.
    3. I am on AT&T, so I don't know if after applying the TMobile CSC file WIFI Calling will work or not. Please report back.
      [*]If after flashing the CSC file Contacts FCs, reflash rom to fix the contacts error

What works:
    Everything else

Change Log

Version 2
    New Base ML2
    Includes WIFI, BT NFC and Camera patches

Version 1.2
    New Base MJ7
    Includes WIFI, BT NFC and Camera patches
    root works. On first boot please download the latest SuperSU from Google play and update the su binary.

Screen Shots

L2.png

DOWNLOADS

USE TRWP OR CWM TO FLASH THE ROM OR THE CSC FILE
    Remember to make a backup of your current ROM before you flash this one.

ROM [N9005XXUDML2 V2
    DOWNLOAD -- md5: fb464c2ed99bcf364ad65229826c3918

root works. If you have root issue, please download the latest SuperSU from Google play and update the su binary.

CSC FILES
    CSC not necessary to flash over rom unless you want carrier specific stock files.
    This file will make your phone look like an N900T or N900W8, including build.prop changes and other configurations.
    Canadian CSC -- DOWNLOAD -- md5: 135b18fa73de4640559b0eb344cce6cd
    TMobile CSC -- DOWNLOAD -- md5: d0a26bdc8b3b239ccf44187b9fef37c2
    TMobile CSC -- DOWNLOAD 2 -- md5: d0a26bdc8b3b239ccf44187b9fef37c2

Thank you dragonstalker for the secondary mirrors!

FLASH ORDER
    1. ROM File
    2. CSC File (Optional)

==================================================================================
    If you like my work buy me a beer!

==================================================================================
    USEFUL INFORMATIOIN

This is a great guide that includes all sorts of useful information on how to use the N900T on AT&T, including APN settings.

[Guide] T-mobile Note 3 on AT&T's Network/Root info/LTE Confirmed
    by mircury

If for some reason root doesn't work, download superuser from here and flash from recovery.

HOW TO GET INTO RECOVERY IF YOUR DEVICE IS IN A BOOT LOOP
    Remove the battery and wait at least 20 seconds.
    Re-insert the battery
    Press VOL-UP + HOME KEY + POWER KEY
    Keep them pressed until you boot into recovery
    Restore from backup (you created a backup before flashing that zip that made your phone boot loop, didn't you?) :)

If you like my work buy me a beer!

New ROM N9005XXUDML2 Stainless V2

All,

New ROM N9005XXUDML2 Stainless V2 is up. Enjoy!

As usual this is pure stock. If you want a full featured ROM full of good stuff flash DragonsAir ROM.
    Yes open Jedi go to system then app find secvideo... Extract it.... Go to the root of the system, find system , then app... Then overwrite the old secvideo with the new one... Then change the permissions to RW. R. R. Then video player will work... Or at least has been to me.... After a reboot it seemed to mess back up so I re did the process. At least a temp fix, for apps that require the built in video to play VidS.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Is there a way to get the american dialer back.... the white one? Because this international one is the old color scheme and has that video call button that doesn't work.... Also my area is VOlte..... Does this ROM support it? In my TMobile ROM it would say VOlte HD when I was in the correct area..... Does this ROM utilize it and just not show it?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No, not unless you use the CSC from the T-Mobile US . This dialer and keyboard are included in DragonsAir, but not in this. Sorry. This is just pure from the factory Stainless with wifi,bluetooth, and NFC inlcluded.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Happy Holidays. 2 New updates coming for you guys. We had originally made an MK2, then decided to skip it and jump str8 to ML2. Ç

So the Stainless version is being tested right now and will be up soon. Got some tweaks to do to DragonsAir and it will be up if not tomorrow then Sunday.

UPDATES:
    Stainless
    Upgrade Firmware to ML2
    Saberkernel (BrandNew unreleased)

DragonsAir ¡REDUX!
    Upgrade Firmware to ML2
    Saberkernel (BrandNew unreleased)
    Spbenboardswitcher =by LegendK95
    InkEffect by =Mythrandyr
    Multiwindow Plus =Xperiacle
    Power BootMenu by =itsMikeRamsey
    Aircommand Mod by =wally3614
    Battery mod 138 =Omega Rep
    OTA UPDATES!!!!!
    Google Kit Kat Launcher
    FullScreen In-Call Picture and Call Record
    Special Battery Meter
    more......
    Bluetooth is working!!!

BLUETOOTH IS WORKING!!!

I will create a patch file after I am done testing. It's the same idea when you port Cyanogenmod to a new device. Once I am done I will post what I did to make it work.

EDIT: I have been playing Pandora for the last hour or so without a single skip or jitter.