1,084 posts
Thanks Meter: 90

By patriotaki, Account currently disabled on 19th October 2012, 08:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th October 2012, 08:53 AM |#21  
Flag Helsingborg
Thanks Meter: 525

More
My parent's f-secure makes my computer not able to run planetside 2. False positive

Sent from my.... Actually, who needs to know anyway?

20th October 2012, 01:28 PM |#22  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 90

More
I just installed vipre and it found a tracking cookie and also saved me from 16 risks as it says.. I will look more into it and I will let you know my opinion about vipre

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
20th October 2012, 02:24 PM |#23  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Don't use windows, that's the best antivirus.
20th October 2012, 03:39 PM |#24  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 1,137

Donate to Me
More
I think Norton ranked the highest last time, but no AV is 100% secure. At work I might scan something with one, remove threats, and scan with another one and find more threats.
20th October 2012, 06:38 PM |#25  
Flag BFE
Thanks Meter: 683

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaszek

I think Norton ranked the highest last time, but no AV is 100% secure. At work I might scan something with one, remove threats, and scan with another one and find more threats.

It ranked highest because it comes installed on most pc's and is only used by AOL types that don't know the difference between memory and storage!! I would go without before I ran that resource hog crap!!!
20th October 2012, 06:41 PM |#26  
Flag Milling around Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 414

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85gallon

It ranked highest because it comes installed on most pc's and is only used by AOL types that don't know the difference between memory and storage!! I would go without before I ran that resource hog crap!!!

Never been a resource hog on any of the machines I've used it on.
Also found viruses that other paid for AV software has missed.
20th October 2012, 10:12 PM |#27  
OP, next time do a search on here before posting a new thread. This has been gone over many many many times. Numerous threads about it.

That said, I can't find it now, but this site has a questionare that you fill out and it gives you the best av and fw for your needs.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...s-software.htm

I use avira (antivirus), malwarebytes (anti malware), and comodo (firewall). I love comodo. Best firewall I've ever used. If you do connect to open wifi alot, I would suggest this. If you install programs to try them out, comodo, if you do anything at all of any risky behavior, comodo.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/how-...re-your-pc.php
21st October 2012, 07:00 PM |#28  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 1,137

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85gallon

I think you have to upgrade your computer. Norton never was a resource hog for me. And the ranking wasn't based on how many people have it. It was a test where they had a bunch of AVs scanning for the same thing, and see which one finds the most.
21st October 2012, 07:02 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Eset smart security... best AV ever you can always check it out with their full software 30 days free trial
Is idiot proof as well
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
21st October 2012, 07:17 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Ms security essentials and maleware bytes free. Use ms security essentials for real time protection, If you think you've got a virus, enter safe mode and use maleware bytes to remove.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app
21st October 2012, 07:25 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Eset all the way for me! It's low maintenance too!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)